PDA

View Full Version : Matt Lawton tests positive

soxfan26
11-02-2005, 01:27 PM
I found it on Rotoworld.com, but their source is deadspin (http://www.deadspin.com/sports/baseball/sources-lawton-has-tested-positive-134775.php).com who is relying on "several unnamed reliable people".

We’ve been hearing the same thing from several different, reliable people today, so, since this is what we do, we decided it was time to print it. Multiple sources tell Deadspin that Yankees outfielder Matt Lawton has tested positive for steroids

SoxSpeed22
11-02-2005, 01:31 PM
So that's who it was. Maybe.

soxfan26
11-02-2005, 01:36 PM
So that's who it was. Maybe.

The second comment is priceless...

Look at the bright side, at least it's a Yankee.

Jerko
11-02-2005, 01:48 PM
Shocking that he played for Dusty for a while. He harbors those guys it seems.

34 Inch Stick
11-02-2005, 02:22 PM
Sammy and Giambi must have been trying to clean out their supplies.

HotelWhiteSox
11-02-2005, 02:30 PM
Ha, former Twin, Indian, and Flub, the trifecta. Sounds like the teams knew about this. First, Hendry was made to look like a great GM for acquiring him, then it was weird when he went to the Yankees (and went on to suck, hmm, makes sense now), and then they left him off their playoff roster. I remember being at a Yankee board and having people puzzled on why he was left off in favor of some other people. He had a bad average, but only in 16 ABs. But now that I think of it, did that one report say the player was on a playoff team roster, or just had been on the team, since he was left off? There goes his HOF aspirations

Tekijawa
11-02-2005, 02:30 PM
Wow, how bad would he have been if he were off the Juice?

The Dude
11-02-2005, 02:52 PM
If this is true....that bastard! He hit that 3 run jack off of Shingo that lost the game in 2004 and probably was juicing. :angry::angry:

eriqjaffe
11-02-2005, 03:02 PM
Ironic for all the Cubs fans who had posted on their message board about them hoping it was one of the Sox...

dropkick371
11-02-2005, 03:06 PM
Having watched him play in Pittsburgh for most of the season...

Do steroids cause you to commit the laziest baserunning/fielding errors imaginable?

Uncle_Patrick
11-02-2005, 03:33 PM
Ironic for all the Cubs fans who had posted on their message board about them hoping it was one of the Sox...

Yeah, nothing seems to be going their way. What a shame. :D:

Soxzilla
11-02-2005, 03:38 PM
Having watched him play in Pittsburgh for most of the season...

Do steroids cause you to commit the laziest baserunning/fielding errors imaginable?

:nandrolone

In a word. Maybe.:tongue:

JUribe1989
11-02-2005, 03:41 PM
Just another former Cub on the juice. What a shock!!!!

ChiSoxRowand
11-02-2005, 03:44 PM
In the ESPNEWS "breaking News" box it says that MLB supsends Matt Lawton for steroids. So I guess this is no longer a rumor.

downstairs
11-02-2005, 03:46 PM
Per WSCR... the super-secret "AL playoff player" that tested positive for 'roids is Matt Lawton.

Flubbie fans wishing it was a Sox player... eat your hearts out.

Jerko
11-02-2005, 03:49 PM
tsn canada has it too:

http://tsn.ca/mlb/news_story.asp?id=141732

daveeym
11-02-2005, 03:52 PM
Per WSCR... the super-secret "AL playoff player" that tested positive for 'roids is Matt Lawton.

Flubbie fans wishing it was a Sox player... eat your hearts out. I heard he got Sammy's old locker and found a bottle of Flintstones vitamins and that's what caused the positive test. :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

SOXPHILE
11-02-2005, 03:59 PM
WHAT !!?? A steroid/HGH user who played (briefly) on the...the...the CUBS !!?? No, it can't be.
Dusty doesn't tolerate that sort of behavior.
What was you favorite memory of the Matt Lawton era with the Cubs ?

dropkick371
11-02-2005, 04:02 PM
:nandrolone

In a word. Maybe.:tongue:

Indeed.

getonbckthr
11-02-2005, 04:02 PM
that could have led to his short stint with the cubs.

doublem23
11-02-2005, 04:05 PM
Pretty much looks like this is confirmed. Time to change that title of this thread.

http://news.google.com/news?q=Matt%20Lawton&hl=en&sa=N&tab=gn

Huisj
11-02-2005, 04:36 PM
this shows how much rumors can get blown out of proportion. A week ago, it was said that the player who tested positive would shake up the baseball world because it was a significant player on a playoff team.

and it was matt lawton. I'm totally shaken.

Unless there's more coming out yet with more people . . .

Ol' No. 2
11-02-2005, 04:55 PM
this shows how much rumors can get blown out of proportion. A week ago, it was said that the player who tested positive would shake up the baseball world because it was a significant player on a playoff team.

and it was matt lawton. I'm totally shaken.

Unless there's more coming out yet with more people . . .Pssst...I heard Roger Clemens and Johnny Damon....announcements expected next week...

santo=dorf
11-02-2005, 04:57 PM
awww, the crybabies at nsbb.com must realy be taking it hard after finding out that the OF was not the World Series MVP, but Jim Hendry's big mid-season move. :rolling:

JUribe1989
11-02-2005, 05:03 PM
Will Carroll is such an ass for saying it is a name we will care about. Who the **** cares about Matt Lawton?

AZChiSoxFan
11-02-2005, 05:12 PM
What a shame! The guy uses a tiny bit of flaxseed oil, and it turns out to be steroids. Life is so unfair.

Nellie_Fox
11-02-2005, 05:21 PM
At least he admits it, and doesn't try to shift the blame (*cough*palmeiro*cough*). But wow, it was a horse steroid:

The substance he tested positive for was boldenone, a person familiar with the tests results said, speaking on condition of anonymity because drug-test results in baseball are supposed to remain secret. "It's a veterinary steroid. I think it's primarily used in horses," Dr. Gary Wadler, a professor of sports medicine at New York University and an expert on performance-enhancing drugs. "It's used like any other anabolic steroid. It's basically injectable."

...Wadler said the steroid also was available under the name equipoise.

doublem23
11-02-2005, 05:49 PM
At least he admits it, and doesn't try to shift the blame (*cough*palmeiro*cough*). But wow, it was a horse steroid:

Too... many... jokes... inappropriate... for... forum.

The_Floridian
11-02-2005, 06:00 PM
Too... many... jokes... inappropriate... for... forum.

Good night everybody!

TommyJohn
11-02-2005, 06:15 PM
I'm sure the folks at nyyfans.com are heartbroken. Some of them were giddy
with anticipation that it could be a White Sox player, and it would taint the
World Series and lead to another Black Sox Scandal. So now that makes
one admitted user (Sheffield) one busted user (Lawton) and one "I'm sorry
for what I didn't do" dope (Giambi.) Guess we'll have to start calling them
the Black Yanks. Blanks, for short.

TheOldRoman
11-02-2005, 06:30 PM
awww, the crybabies at nsbb.com must realy be taking it hard after finding out that the OF was not the World Series MVP, but Jim Hendry's big offseason move. :rolling:
Actually, Lawton was their blockbuster deal before the trade deadline. He started the season with the Pirates.

TornLabrum
11-02-2005, 08:00 PM
I'm sure the folks at nyyfans.com are heartbroken. Some of them were giddy
with anticipation that it could be a White Sox player, and it would taint the
World Series and lead to another Black Sox Scandal. So now that makes
one admitted user (Sheffield) one busted user (Lawton) and one "I'm sorry
for what I didn't do" dope (Giambi.) Guess we'll have to start calling them
the Black Yanks. Blanks, for short.

And after taking those 'roids, I'm sure that's what they've been shooting.

zmz723
11-02-2005, 08:17 PM
http://www.sportsline.com/mlb/story/9019140

I could care less, but i didnt see it here

edit: whoops, now i see it in "talking baseball" just let it fall to the bottom

antitwins13
11-02-2005, 09:14 PM
Ha, former Twin, Indian, and Flub, the trifecta. Sounds like the teams knew about this. First, Hendry was made to look like a great GM for acquiring him, then it was weird when he went to the Yankees (and went on to suck, hmm, makes sense now), and then they left him off their playoff roster. I remember being at a Yankee board and having people puzzled on why he was left off in favor of some other people. He had a bad average, but only in 16 ABs. But now that I think of it, did that one report say the player was on a playoff team roster, or just had been on the team, since he was left off? There goes his HOF aspirations

Yup, I love it!