PDA

View Full Version : Props to Sox Fans

Hitmen77
11-02-2005, 10:09 AM
I just wanted to tip my cap to the entire Sox fanbase for being a real class act during this championship run. Sox fans have been very vocal, proud, jubilant, passionate - and yet classy and responsible.

Just think about the energetic crowds at the Cell during home postseason games, the numerous celebrations around the city after the pennant and world series win (I didn't hear one report of arrests or people getting out of hand), all the fans who were there in person to celebrate in Anaheim and Houston, how Sox fans have come out in large numbers all over town, the greeting at Midway, the overwhelming crowd for the victory parade (the largest in Chicago history!).... I just think it's great.

I was very proud of how there were many Sox fans in Anaheim and Houston celebrating - and yet they were respectful of the home team. Contrast that with past instances of Cub fans invading other parks, making asses of themselves on TV, and "rechristening" whatever park they visit as Wrigley "East" or "South" or "West". (Could they be anymore full of themselves?)

While I think the media coverage of the Sox has been great, I don't think they've really gone out of their way to note how great (passionate and classy) Sox fans have been - and how they've been underestimated by the Chicago media for so long. What happend to the stereotype that we are all classless troublemaking trash and that "nobody" is a Sox fan? This last month showed how wrong those stereotypes are.

ChiSoxGirl
11-02-2005, 10:30 AM
I was at Puffers in Bridgeport for both the Pennant and World Series clinchers and EVERYONE was extremely well behaved and orderly. I didn't see a single arrest. People were just beyond jubilant, celebrating with their fellow Sox fans. People were walking in the middle of Halsted and 35th Streets high-fiving those in cars, people in cars were honking horns, and everyone was cheering and just celebrating the only way true Sox fans know how- in a classy, well-behaved way! :smile:

LongLiveFisk
11-02-2005, 10:58 AM
The fantastic behavior of Sox fans apparently went unnoticed. Maybe we should have overturned a couple of police cars so they would have had something to talk about.

jdm2662
11-02-2005, 11:04 AM
Not one arrest was reported on the night they won the Series. That was great news. I'm in the burbs, and outside of a few cars honking their horns on the way home, not much went on. That was good thing. I needed to get some sleep that week. :D:

veeter
11-02-2005, 11:08 AM
Most intelligent AND best behaved, we can do no wrong.

MadetoOrta
11-02-2005, 11:23 AM
In live out west and when the Sox won the series, it sounded like the 4th of July. For a good half hour, you could hear the sounds of fireworks all over. It was nice. Nothing ridiculous. I took all of my kids to the parade and was amazed how many young kids were there. The next generation of Sox fans is large and expanding. Overall, I'm not surprised that Sox fans didn't act like fools.

IlliniSox4Life
11-02-2005, 11:27 AM
I agree with the assessment of the classiness of Sox fans. This is the only example (http://www.collegehumor.com/movies/1621146/) of bad behavior I have seen, and it rather disgusts me.

chisoxfan64
11-02-2005, 01:03 PM
I think the media was seriously disappointed with Sox fans. They were looking forward to juicy stories of looting, pillaging, fires and lots of violence in general.
All they got was class from the best baseball fans in the world.:D:

gosox83
11-02-2005, 01:32 PM
Have you ever heard the phrase, "Act like you've been there before"

Well even though we had never even been anywhere close to "there" (sweeping the World Series) before, we sure acted like we had.

I want to think of it as practice or setting a standard for our next 4 years of celebrations.

GO SOX!!!!

2005 World CHAMPS!!

YES!!

Congrats cubs on outdrawing us this year, you keep doing that and we'll keep winning championships and we'll all be happy!!!

Hitmen77
11-02-2005, 02:30 PM
I agree with the assessment of the classiness of Sox fans. This is the only example (http://www.collegehumor.com/movies/1621146/) of bad behavior I have seen, and it rather disgusts me.

I wouldn't even count how a bunch of drunken idiots at Illinois State act as "Sox fan behavior". I love how the guy in charge of this website calls them the "biggest Sox fans". Spoken like a true Cubs fan. :dtroll: Gimme a break - since we're talking about a downstate school, I bet most of those idiots are big Cub fans.

DrummerGeorgefan
11-02-2005, 02:41 PM
I wouldn't even count how a bunch of drunken idiots at Illinois State act as "Sox fan behavior". I love how the guy in charge of this website calls them the "biggest Sox fans". Spoken like a true Cubs fan. :dtroll: Gimme a break - since we're talking about a downstate school, I bet most of those idiots are big Cub fans.

Nothing says world series celebration like a 120 lb weasel taking down a no turning sign...

Layla
11-02-2005, 03:05 PM
I work with alot of Cub fans.

And today one came up and told me how good I've acted since we won. He said and I quote "I would have been a hell of alot worse towards you."

Yep, we're classy, well behaved, and fans of the world champions.:D: