PDA

View Full Version : Yankees warn A-Rod about poker

Fenway
11-02-2005, 08:49 AM
http://www.nydailynews.com/ips_rich_content/124-FRONT_BIG.jpg

Daily News Exclusive: The Yankees have warned slugger Alex Rodriguez that frequenting illegal city poker clubs is dangerous, but are powerless to stop him, team and baseball sources told the Daily News.
FULL STORY (http://nydailynews.com/front/story/361651p-308070c.html)

The_Floridian
11-02-2005, 08:53 AM
A-Rod gambling? Say it ain't so!

This guy needs to be careful. 252 million dollars doesn't go as far as it used to.

Fenway
11-02-2005, 08:54 AM
A-Rod gambling? Say it ain't so!

This guy needs to be careful. 252 million dollars doesn't go as far as it used to.

get him on the golf course with MJ :?:

kittle42
11-02-2005, 09:17 AM
No harm, no foul. Leave him be.

skottyj242
11-02-2005, 09:19 AM
No harm, no foul. Leave him be.

Isn't there harm if he's visiting "illegal" poker dens? We all saw what happened to Edward Norton in Rounders.

D. TODD
11-02-2005, 09:38 AM
Not a problem, just another case of the media trying to create a story. Technically everyone playing a home game is playing an illegal poker game, if money is wagered. So a tough nose investigating reporter has found out that A-Rod likes to play poker, that's front page news for sure.:?:

voodoochile
11-02-2005, 10:10 AM
Isn't there harm if he's visiting "illegal" poker dens? We all saw what happened to Edward Norton in Rounders.

What a freaking idiot. I mean can't a guy who makes that much money afford to travel to Atlantic City to do his gambling?

Heck, he could have weekly games in his apartment with other high rollers if he wanted to and avoid the chance of getting busted.

With his name on the front page of the newspaper, he's now posterboy for cleaning up the illegal gambling dens. You don't think the mayor noticed do you? :rolleyes:

kittle42
11-02-2005, 01:39 PM
With his name on the front page of the newspaper, he's now posterboy for cleaning up the illegal gambling dens. You don't think the mayor noticed do you? :rolleyes:

Two or three got busted in the last week.

Gavin
11-02-2005, 03:58 PM
Wow paparazzi all over A-Rod. Who cares, honestly. Whenever I play "illegal" poker with my friends the local press never wants to report about it.

getonbckthr
11-02-2005, 04:07 PM
the thing about "poker dens" is that is where the best action is as far as the game goes. some of the most high priced cash games are held regularly there. personally if Arod likes to spend his time playing poker whats the big deal. I highly doubt anyone would arrest Arod if caught in a game, their baseball means too much to them.

soxfanreggie
11-02-2005, 04:08 PM
Well, A-Rod can take his 252 million and come on over to my place...we'd be happy to let him in on our game...he could play about 50 million games with us with that money. If he's playing with lowlifes in some very high stakes games, that's very dangerous, but if he's playing with some of the guys, I see no problem with that.

chisoxmike
11-02-2005, 04:32 PM
What a freaking idiot. I mean can't a guy who makes that much money afford to travel to Atlantic City to do his gambling?

Heck, he could have weekly games in his apartment with other high rollers if he wanted to and avoid the chance of getting busted.

CITIZENS ARREST! CITIZENS ARREST!:D:

gobears1987
11-02-2005, 06:02 PM
This is why Paulie won't go to a big market, you deal with the **** of the press following you around constantly. Paulie only has to deal with them in the clubhouse here. (and as much as I love Paulie he doesn't handle them quite well there as he ****s out of his mouth.)