PDA

View Full Version : I need advice from season ticket holders

SOXfnNlansing
11-02-2005, 06:21 AM
Hello, I'm seriously thinking about buying a whole season package for 2006. My question is what do you do with tickets you won't use? After making the large investment, I can see myself going to tons of games, but there will be alot of times where I won't be able to go or dump them off on friends.

I have been in contact with the White Sox and have the prices and have heard their answer to my question, but I thought since there are so many of you here, you could give me your experiences and the bottom line truth to how it really is. The package is 2X81 LD.

MrRoboto83
11-02-2005, 06:36 AM
you can sell them on Stubhub.com or on the White Sox ticket exchange

SOXfnNlansing
11-02-2005, 07:13 AM
you can sell them on Stubhub.com or on the White Sox ticket exchange I know what stubhub is but what is the WS ticket exchange. The lady I talked to told me about it, but I kind of was unsure about it. What happens if noone wants the tickets in April for KC/Det, etc? Do you eat them? I mean with WS ticket exchange. They said that unwanted tickets can be returned and resold, but they were unclear about reimbursement. I don't mean to sound ignorant here, but it's a lot of cash to put out, and I just want to know what the deal is.

DumpJerry
11-02-2005, 08:04 AM
I'm planning on buying a full season package any day now. I will sell off tickets to friends, it won't be a problem.

steff
11-02-2005, 08:20 AM
If our partners can't use them.. and we ALWAYS ask our partners FIRST.. then we either send my folks, or Jim's sisters, or work friends, or other friends. If no one can use them, then we eat them. We usually eat 7 or 8 games a year.

11-02-2005, 08:52 AM
Your going to end up eating alot of tickets probably, but it's the risk you take, lets face it, even with our World Championship, the Cell is not going to sell out every game, like you said, not many people are going to be willing to want to go see the Royals in 50 degree weather in April, or a Thursday afternoon game against the Rays. I plan on getting the 27 game pack on weekends since my weekendays are spent at work or home with the kids....Outside of Stubhub or Sox Exchange, there are 100's of brokers out there that will buy them from you for face or maybe less, but at least you will get some if not all your money back. Give them to family, give them to friends or sell them to co-workers....my friend did a really nice thing, if he couldn't go, he would give them to a local school to award them to a student.

Pulaski
11-02-2005, 08:52 AM
For games I can't go to, I offer them to WSI for face value. Also, I post on Stubhub, Craigslist, Openseats.com and White Sox Season TicketExchange (through Ticketmaster - http://teamexchange.ticketmaster.com/html/eventlist.htmI?l=EN&team=whitesox) or give them to charity.

downstairs
11-02-2005, 08:56 AM
Yes, you eat them. No returns.

However, if you know you're going to eat a game down the road... I've heard of people giving them to charity and taking something off their taxes.

You'd have to figure out the math and what you can/cannot do.

whitesoxwilkes
11-02-2005, 08:59 AM

However, if you know you're going to eat a game down the road... I've heard of people giving them to charity and taking something off their taxes.

Eggg-zact-ly.

The USO is just one of many orgnizations that accept ticket donations. You get the write off, and you get the chance to make someone else really happy by treating them to a baseball game.

You can also post a thread in the Parking Lot here if you want to sell them at face. I'm always interested in weeknight games, so...

itsnotrequired
11-02-2005, 10:34 AM
There are also "season ticket exchange dates" where season ticket holders can cash in unused tickets for games already played and put them towards upper deck tickets for certain games. So if you want to skip the crummy April weather, you can "bank" those tickets and put them towards upper deck tickets for games later in the season. This also works out good if you want to treat a group of your friends to a game. For example, if you had two season tickets, you could "cash in" three games worth and take four of your friends to a game. Also, you can "upgrade" to lower level seats for 1/2 price. Check out the form from last season which lists the exchange dates:

http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/cws/downloads/sth/y2005/TIXEXCH-05.pdf

ewokpelts
11-02-2005, 11:06 AM
pm me and i'll answer all your questions......

Gene

The Dude
11-02-2005, 11:08 AM
There are also "season ticket exchange dates" where season ticket holders can cash in unused tickets for games already played and put them towards upper deck tickets for certain games. So if you want to skip the crummy April weather, you can "bank" those tickets and put them towards upper deck tickets for games later in the season. This also works out good if you want to treat a group of your friends to a game. For example, if you had two season tickets, you could "cash in" three games worth and take four of your friends to a game. Also, you can "upgrade" to lower level seats for 1/2 price. Check out the form from last season which lists the exchange dates:

http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/cws/downloads/sth/y2005/TIXEXCH-05.pdf

Does this apply for the UD season ticket holders as well?

ewokpelts
11-02-2005, 11:13 AM
Does this apply for the UD season ticket holders as well?full and 27 game plans.....if you're a 13 game plan only, you're out of luck(i was able to exchange games frommy 9/13 game plans since i also had a 27 game plan last year)
Gene

itsnotrequired
11-02-2005, 11:46 AM
Dude: I sent you a PM.

Taz
11-02-2005, 11:56 AM
Hello, I'm seriously thinking about buying a whole season package for 2006. My question is what do you do with tickets you won't use? After making the large investment, I can see myself going to tons of games, but there will be alot of times where I won't be able to go or dump them off on friends.

I have been in contact with the White Sox and have the prices and have heard their answer to my question, but I thought since there are so many of you here, you could give me your experiences and the bottom line truth to how it really is. The package is 2X81 LD.

I've been wondering about this too... Currently a 27 game plan holder and thinking of upgrading, but concerned about not being able to make it to all the games during the week...

SoxFan78
11-02-2005, 12:00 PM
I like the 27 game plan. I have the weekend package and it worked out great. Saturday's tailgaited, Sunday's took the train in.

I ate I think only one game (Bears Opening Day). All the other games I used the ticket exchange and got tickets to other games during the week.

Ol' No. 2
11-02-2005, 12:00 PM
I've been wondering about this too... Currently a 27 game plan holder and thinking of upgrading, but concerned about not being able to make it to all the games during the week...Get yourself a partner or two. I wouldn't be surprised if a large percentage of full season seats are held by partnerships. Plus, you have access to better seats with a full season plan.

ewokpelts
11-02-2005, 12:36 PM
Get yourself a partner or two. I wouldn't be surprised if a large percentage of full season seats are held by partnerships. Plus, you have access to better seats with a full season plan.also, full season plans pay LESS than 27 game plan holders...
Gene

itsnotrequired
11-02-2005, 01:02 PM
also, full season plans pay LESS than 27 game plan holders...
Gene

They do but not by much. At best, less than $2 a seat. If three guys chipped in and split a full-season vs. buying three different 27 game plans, each guy would save less than $50 for the season.

On the other hand, you get a greater selection of games. 27 of all the home games aren't available in either of the two 27-game plans.

ewokpelts
11-02-2005, 01:08 PM
They do but not by much. At best, less than $2 a seat. If three guys chipped in and split a full-season vs. buying three different 27 game plans, each guy would save less than $50 for the season.

On the other hand, you get a greater selection of games. 27 of all the home games aren't available in either of the two 27-game plans.hey...50 bucks is 50 bucks....depending on your seat location that's like 1 or 2 free games...
Gene

itsnotrequired
11-02-2005, 01:13 PM
hey...50 bucks is 50 bucks....depending on your seat location that's like 1 or 2 free games...
Gene

True. I was just pointing out that the "hassles" which may arise in deciding who gets tickets to the better games may not be worth the $50. One of the biggest advantages is the ability to get premium lower box seats, which are only available to full-season ticket holders.

I guess it all depends on who you go in on a package with and how flexible everyone is.

soxgirl617
11-02-2005, 07:55 PM
Get yourself a partner or two. I wouldn't be surprised if a large percentage of full season seats are held by partnerships. Plus, you have access to better seats with a full season plan.

Exactly. That's what we did: upgraded from a split season plan to a full season plan, by combining with a partner. Better seat locations, and the biggest advantage of all (at least this year!) was the ability to buy extra seats to the ALDS and the ALCS. That way, both groups were able to go to all ALDS and ALCS home games. Well worth the investment---it's worked out perfectly. (If you don't know anyone to go 50-50 with, I know of groups that have as many as eight partners. Can be a logistical hassle, though.)

Realist
11-02-2005, 08:08 PM
Here's what we do:

There's 81 games.
There's 6 people in on the season ticket plan.

I usually take 26 games.
My brother takes 15 games.
Jim takes 15 games.
Billy takes 15 games.
Gregg and Patty take 10 games.

The first thing we do is divide up the Cubs games. Each of us gets to go to a game.

Then we throw everyone's names in a hat to decide the picking order. Once the order is decided, we go up and down the river twice. That wipes out 20 games. We call these "courtesy games". If anybody has a courtesy game you want to go to, you just have to tell them and then they pick get to pick one of your first 4 picks too. This way everyone gets to go see a Yankees, Red Sox, Houston [this year] game or has a chance for opening day, last day or one of the promotional nites.

After the courtesy games and Cubs games have been picked, a persons name is written on a little slip of paper for each of the games they have remaining. For instance, I would have 20 slips of paper with my name on them in the hat because I've already gotten 4 of the courtesy games plus 1 Cubs game. My brother would have 10 little slips with his name on them in the hat.

Then we just keep pulling out names and then picking which games we want. Once the hat is empty, the games are all picked.

We've been using this system for 5 years now and it works great. Nobody ends up getting stuck with a pile of KC, Detroit and Tampa Bay games and everybody is always happy with the games they get.

It's a pretty fun ritual we do every March. We all get together at one of the guy's house or at a bar and get a pizza and toss back a few beers.

soxwon
11-02-2005, 08:30 PM

The correct answer is yes you can send them in when you get a few to the box office, and you get to choose from a list of about 20 games,that you can exchange them for.

SOXfnNlansing
11-03-2005, 04:53 AM
Thank you all for the input. I read every reply and feel good about it. I guess it's like buying a new car.... you want it but you're afraid of the remorse after you pull the trigger. I'm gonna do it (maybe I'll invite WSB to opening day).:rolleyes: