PDA

View Full Version : Profile Update

gobears1987
11-01-2005, 11:07 PM
Who has updated their profile to change their most cherished White Sox memory? I just did it!!!!!:D:

MarySwiss
11-01-2005, 11:21 PM
Who has updated their profile to change their most cherished White Sox memory? I just did it!!!!!:D:

Ooo! Oooo, ooo! Thanks for reminding me!

The Dude
11-01-2005, 11:34 PM

I thought of this earlier today and updated mine! I guess you read my mind.:D:

RealMenWearBlack
11-01-2005, 11:37 PM
I was going to, but I knew everyone else would put winning the World Series. I wanted to put something unique to me.

DumpJerry
11-01-2005, 11:38 PM
Heck yeah. Did it over a week ago. Robin Ventura's July 31, 1991 game finally got replaced after 14 years (I have to be in attendance for a game to be "most memorable").

MarySwiss
11-01-2005, 11:44 PM
Heck yeah. Did it over a week ago. Robin Ventura's July 31, 1991 game finally got replaced after 14 years (I have to be in attendance for a game to be "most memorable").

Hey, Dump! What the hell are you doing up at this hour? Oh, wait. You guys moved your clocks back an hour, didn't you? (Primitive custom!) So now we're only an hour apart instead of two.

Cool; that means the Bears are on at 11am instead of 10am.

ilsox7
11-02-2005, 01:01 AM
Hey, Dump! What the hell are you doing up at this hour? Oh, wait. You guys moved your clocks back an hour, didn't you? (Primitive custom!) So now we're only an hour apart instead of two.

It's actually not a primitive custom at all. It saves millions of dollars (and maybe billions) in energy costs. With the additional 1 month of daylight saving time added starting in 2007, energy use will decrease by a large amount, again saving lots of money.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daylight_saving_time#Rationales_for_DST

antitwins13
11-02-2005, 01:29 AM
One of the first things I did after the title, but now won't that part of our profile be kind of boring now because everyone's most cherished memory is now the same?

The Racehorse
11-02-2005, 04:21 AM

I updated mine last week.

:)

SOXfnNlansing
11-02-2005, 04:38 AM
good idea. I just edited mine too :)

DumpJerry
11-02-2005, 07:00 AM

Jeez, little did I know I would my mom would be a WSIer......actually, I usually hit the hay around Midnight or so (unless, of course, the Sox are locked in a 14 inning battle for a World Series game.....).

the_valenstache
11-02-2005, 08:07 AM
I just realized I had never even listed one before. Like many, I had Robin's walk-off granny in mind although I wasn't at the game. Also, attending the final Comiskey Park game and the first New Comiskey game (even though, on the field, it was a disaster) are both pretty memorable.

But I've got some new standouts in mind.

Rocky Soprano
11-02-2005, 08:36 AM
I updated mine last week.

:)

So did I, but I did change it again yesterday to reflect the WS championship.