PDA

View Full Version : Poll:Konerko's number

PKalltheway
11-01-2005, 07:49 PM
Will they retire his number if he decides to stay and puts up a couple of 30 homer seasons to add to his career total with the Sox?

buehrle4cy05
11-01-2005, 07:51 PM
It all depends on if he signs a long-term deal with the Sox and then performs. Right now, he's a very good player, but I would say he's in the same boat as Maggs: good, but didn't play here long enough to have his # retired.

gobears1987
11-01-2005, 07:53 PM
It all depends on if he signs a long-term deal with the Sox and then performs. Right now, he's a very good player, but I would say he's in the same boat as Maggs: good, but didn't play here long enough to have his # retired.Yes I agree, but the thread poster said if he signs a long term deal and puts up some more good seasons. In that case the answer is yes.

MISoxfan
11-01-2005, 07:57 PM
2 more seasons would give him 9 with the Sox. They retired Baines the first time after 10 seasons, although I think that's unusual. If he has 2 or 3 more good seasons and plays for the Sox another 5 I'd say yes.

buehrle4cy05
11-01-2005, 07:57 PM
Yes I agree, but the thread poster said if he signs a long term deal and puts up some more good seasons. In that case the answer is yes.

Whoops, missed it.:redface:

The answer is definetly yes.