PDA

View Full Version : White Sox Caps

PKalltheway
11-01-2005, 08:42 PM
Does anybody know if they will still be selling the World Championship hats through the holiday season? If so, are they fitted or adjustable?

mike squires
11-01-2005, 09:09 PM
IT's one size fits all and depending on where you are, I'm sure you could find one. Definately on line! Oh, and they are pretty sweet.

MiamiSpartan
11-01-2005, 10:19 PM
Does anybody know if they will still be selling the World Championship hats through the holiday season? If so, are they fitted or adjustable?

Fitted only. I would imagine they will still be selling them, but I'd pick one up now if you can...

chisoxfanatic
11-01-2005, 10:22 PM
Is there any way that these fitted hats can shrink a smidge? Or, will it srink to fit my head? It seems kinda loose on me right now.

clogoodie
11-01-2005, 10:36 PM

Which hats are you talking about? The locker room ones (gray & black) with World Champions on them are Flexfit...they'll stretch to fit most heads...but if it's too large for you, then look for a Youth size one, those will fit.

The on-field hats (standard black Sox) with the World Series patch are fitted. Fitted hats will shrink a little bit with use, thanks to sweating. It's not drastic though...buy one that's only a bit loose at most.

There are also some that say World Champions 2005 on them that come in multiple colors (black, tan, might even be one more). Those are adjustable.

I'd imagine you wouldn't have a problem finding them around Christmas...but if you do, I'm sure they'll be online. Right now Dick's Sporting Goods & Sports Authority have good amounts of the flexfit & adjustable caps. Haven't seen the on-field ones anywhere...but I haven't gone to Grandstand.

jcw218
11-01-2005, 10:44 PM
I'd imagine you wouldn't have a problem finding them around Christmas...but if you do, I'm sure they'll be online. Right now Dick's Sporting Goods & Sports Authority have good amounts of the flexfit & adjustable caps. Haven't seen the on-field ones anywhere...but I haven't gone to Grandstand.

Might want to check out your local Champs Sports Store. I know that the onw by me (Yorktown Mall in Lombard) had the on field hat onthe 28th of October.

TornLabrum
11-01-2005, 11:01 PM
Might want to check out your local Champs Sports Store. I know that the onw by me (Yorktown Mall in Lombard) had the on field hat onthe 28th of October.

Grandstand had a bunch of them on sale this weekend. I assume they'll keep the stock up through the holidays.

C-Dawg
11-01-2005, 11:10 PM
Which hats are you talking about? The locker room ones (gray & black) with World Champions on them are Flexfit...they'll stretch to fit most heads...but if it's too large for you, then look for a Youth size one, those will fit.

My head must be too big because the flexfit hat is way too tight and gives me a headache after awhile. But I have the same problem with the hats they give away at the park too - I guess I must be "big boned" LOL,

MarySwiss
11-01-2005, 11:52 PM
I already bitched about this on another thread, but the way the Just Sports guys out here in the Valley tell it, those flexfit locker room caps were in big demand. In fact, they said they didn't get anywhere near as many caps as they were supposed to, because most of them went to Chicago. So I went to MLB.com to order mine, along with the DVD. But you have to figure it'll take awhile.

Doesn't surprise me, though. Those are some great-looking caps!

Blueprint1
11-02-2005, 03:32 AM
My head must be too big because the flexfit hat is way too tight and gives me a headache after awhile. But I have the same problem with the hats they give away at the park too - I guess I must be "big boned" LOL,

yeah it sucks join the club

RedHeadPaleHoser
11-02-2005, 07:33 AM
I'm looking for the Division Hat. I have the ALCS hat, the WS hat, and I want a Division hat....putting them all in a display case and never wearing them..I have extras to wear. :cool:

Baby Fisk
11-02-2005, 09:26 AM
Is there any way that these fitted hats can shrink a smidge? Or, will it srink to fit my head? It seems kinda loose on me right now.Try switching to a bouffant hairdo. That'll tighten it up. :cool:

Hell, it seemed like every second woman they showed at Minute Maid Park had a bouffant. It's like the 50s never ended in Houston...

clogoodie
11-02-2005, 10:50 AM

Heh, i tried on a flexfit one and it was too big on me...and then I spotted the youth ones, so I tried it on and that fit just about perfectly...and cost $10 less! My fitted hat size is 7 1/8, guessing you're on the other end of the spectrum there. There's probably some sort of surgery you can do to the inside of the hat (and the elastic responsible) in order to make it more comfortable for you...

BNLSox
11-02-2005, 01:04 PM
Heh, i tried on a flexfit one and it was too big on me...and then I spotted the youth ones, so I tried it on and that fit just about perfectly...and cost $10 less! My fitted hat size is 7 1/8, guessing you're on the other end of the spectrum there. There's probably some sort of surgery you can do to the inside of the hat (and the elastic responsible) in order to make it more comfortable for you...

Or you can go a step further and get a head reduction.... (teal?)

chisoxfan64
11-02-2005, 01:20 PM

Same here, they need to switch from saying one size fits all to one size fits most. My father always likes to say that when I was a kid he would send me to the store with one of my hats to pick up ten pounds of potatos.:(:

cleanwsox
11-02-2005, 02:12 PM
Not really related, but I was in a hat shop yesterday up here in Minnesota and the guys behind the counter were commenting to each other about how many Sox hats they had sold over the past week. Noted these were just the plain Sox hats they were talking about, but cool nonetheless.