PDA

View Full Version : Defending the disputed calls...

CRAW
11-01-2005, 04:44 PM
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2005/baseball/mlb/11/01/bc.bbo.worldseries.umpi.ap/index.html

Not once do they (the media) mention the Astros homer that wasn't a homer. :mad:

shoelessjoe90
11-01-2005, 07:40 PM
yea, that was a very very very very very bad call! :angry:

buehrle4cy05
11-01-2005, 07:50 PM
yea, that was a very very very very very bad call! :angry:

So? We won the game and the series. Right now, I could care less about the call. Yes, at the time, I got worked up over it, but getting worked up over it now doesn't seem right.

Daver
11-01-2005, 08:02 PM
Last time I checked, the Sox are still world champs.

Quit whining.

Frankfan4life
11-01-2005, 08:09 PM
So? We won the game and the series. Right now, I could care less about the call. Yes, at the time, I got worked up over it, but getting worked up over it now doesn't seem right.Every team has a certain amount of bad calls. Some of them go your way and others favor your opponent. The bad calls that a team capitalizes on are the only ones that hurt. Fortunately, the Astros could not make their "gift" home run stand up. That being said, however; the Sox might have won the game in regulation if not for that bad home run call, but we'll never know.

I think good teams use such things as bad calls that go against them as incentives and bad teams see them as obstacles.

P.S. The correct phrase is "I couldn't care less."

Professor
11-01-2005, 08:13 PM
:whocares

Nellie_Fox
11-01-2005, 11:05 PM
Right now, I could care less about the call. You could? I couldn't.

NWSox
11-01-2005, 11:16 PM
Top Five Worst Calls of the Playoffs

5. AJP dropped third strike
4. Pods picked off first base
3. AJP glove hitting Finley's bat
2. Dye's HBP

and the number one worst call of the playoffs....

1. The Astros homer that wasn't - the umps gave them a run!!!!

CRAW
11-02-2005, 09:41 AM
You guys have me all wrong. I don't care about the calls, nor did I when they happened, but you know there is going to be some loud-mouthed, obnoxious fan down the road that'll say we only won because of the bad calls, and the homer that wasn't a homer will be forgotten - as it is in the article link I posted.

They'z always against us! :dunno: