PDA

View Full Version : Sox dissed on late nights!

VenturaFan23
11-01-2005, 04:18 PM
Just heard on Mac, Jurko, and Harry that Leno will not have the White Sox on tonight. ***??

They also said that the White Sox were supposed to be on Letterman Nov. 7, but the show thought it was too much time since winning the World Series, so they will not be on that show either!

veeter
11-01-2005, 04:20 PM
This keeps us under the radar.

sox1970
11-01-2005, 04:23 PM
Just heard on Mac, Jurko, and Harry that Leno will not have the White Sox on tonight. ***??

They also said that the White Sox were supposed to be on Letterman Nov. 7, but the show thought it was too much time since winning the World Series, so they will not be on that show either!

As a big Letterman fan, it bugs me, but I can't blame them since they are on vacation. Hopefully they sent Biff Henderson as they usually do, and they'll show that later this week when new shows air. Leno sucks, so I really don't care.

WestSox
11-01-2005, 04:23 PM
Typical elitist East Coast media. :rolleyes:

HotelWhiteSox
11-01-2005, 04:29 PM
There's links on their repsective websites to email the show. I emailed both of them thanking them for now giving me absolutely no reason to watch either of the shows

CLR01
11-01-2005, 04:30 PM
Did they say anything about why? Maybe the player canceled? :dunno:

bevrat
11-01-2005, 04:33 PM
Maybe we can get on Tavis Smiley. :wink:

gobears1987
11-01-2005, 04:47 PM
Typical elitist East Coast media. :rolleyes:The fatass named Leno is in Burbank. **** him. Letterman should've gotten Carson's job, not that fat moron Leno.

oeo
11-01-2005, 04:49 PM
The fatass named Leno is in Burbank. **** him. Letterman should've gotten Carson's job, not that fat moron Leno.

I don't find Letterman funny at all...and although I don't watch Leno anymore, I used to enjoy it. But look at the bright side, Conan is taking over in 2008! :D:

Chisox003
11-01-2005, 04:54 PM
This keeps us under the radar.
Definitely.

Don't get me wrong, I love the fact that our Sox are finally get much deserved attention on a national level, but now that it's happened....

I want to go back under the radar!! I liked when nobody paid attention to us .... made the entire season that much sweeter

Plus after the whole SNL debacle.....

I wouldn't have been surprised if the guys showed up on Leno tonight and all they did for 10 minutes was "answer" questions on the Northside Corp.

Ridiculous.

Law11
11-01-2005, 04:55 PM
Theres always Tony danza or Regis and Kelly...
They should get Ozzie and a few players on Sabado Gigante doing a skit.

VenturaFan23
11-01-2005, 04:56 PM
Did they say anything about why? Maybe the player canceled? :dunno:

No, they didn't give a reason. That's what's bugging me.

tacosalbarojas
11-01-2005, 05:00 PM
No, they didn't give a reason. That's what's bugging me.JD, AJ and Ozzie were all supposed to be there - in fact, they were advertised as such on the Directv guide as of last night - so it can't be just one guy pulling out.

JohnBasedowYoda
11-01-2005, 05:01 PM

imagine ozzie and uribe with a guest cameo on one of the latino soap opera's (with the typical female cast)

VenturaFan23
11-01-2005, 05:07 PM
JD, AJ and Ozzie were all supposed to be there - in fact, they were advertised as such on the Directv guide as of last night - so it can't be just one guy pulling out.

Yeah the tivo description had them in there. I'll still tivo the show either way just to be safe.

tacosalbarojas
11-01-2005, 05:23 PM
imagine ozzie and uribe with a guest cameo on one of the latino soap opera's (with the typical female cast)
Scandalous!

asindc
11-01-2005, 05:24 PM
The fatass named Leno is in Burbank. **** him. Letterman should've gotten Carson's job, not that fat moron Leno.

So true.

woodenleg
11-01-2005, 05:25 PM
We had to hear about the Red Sox and their shorter drought until when? Until our Sox knocked them out.

But having White Sox on tv after last weekend is just 'not appropriate' for some people.

You should all quit celebrating now and pretend it didn't happen. Never mind if you took the time to watch last year's World Series, and the one before that. Courtesy and consideration are your job.

You see, everything that happens in one corner of the country is relevant to the rest of us. I'm sorry if you didn't get the memo.

ATXBMX
11-01-2005, 05:25 PM
Jimminy Kimmel!

WestSox
11-01-2005, 05:32 PM
You see, everything that happens in one corner of the country is relevant to the rest of us. I'm sorry if you didn't get the memo.

Of course. Chicago is located in one of those "flyover states." What goes on there isn't important.

Fake Chet Lemon
11-01-2005, 05:33 PM
My email to: tonightshow@nbc.com

I understand you cancelled the White Sox appearance on November 1st? With Jay always pretending to be somewhat of a "Chicago guy", I'm stunned. I've been a big fan of the show. I saw your show live in Rosemont. If that is the case, it really is a slap in the face to Chicago and I will no longer be a fan. I've been a passionate Chicago baseball fan longer than I've been a passionate Jay Leno fan. If picking sides between Jay and Chicago baseball it's easy. Your show will no longer by viewed in my home.

rm0824
11-01-2005, 05:36 PM
I don't mean to question anyone, but how anyone can watch that idiot Leno is beyond me. I haven't watched him in about 5 years and this is what his show basically was: 20 minute monologue, some cheesy skit. Then some a-list guest where he nervously ask questions and giggles like a 13-year old.

Personally, I'm glad neither of the Sox aren't on tonight. I won't be forced to watch that dumbass show. F him.

Procol Harum
11-01-2005, 05:43 PM
Ellen! I can see AJ and Blum dancing through the studio audience even now...
:bandance:

SoxFan78
11-01-2005, 05:44 PM

I turned them on late, but did they say how they knew that the Sox were not gonna be on? Did they have any sources?

oeo
11-01-2005, 05:48 PM
My email to: tonightshow@nbc.com

I understand you cancelled the White Sox appearance on November 1st? With Jay always pretending to be somewhat of a "Chicago guy", I'm stunned. I've been a big fan of the show. I saw your show live in Rosemont. If that is the case, it really is a slap in the face to Chicago and I will no longer be a fan. I've been a passionate Chicago baseball fan longer than I've been a passionate Jay Leno fan. If picking sides between Jay and Chicago baseball it's easy. Your show will no longer by viewed in my home.

Wait...we know that The Tonight Show cancelled? Seems to me that they wouldn't have scheduled it a few days ago only to cancel. I would think it has to be the Sox not being able to make it. Maybe not, but why would you schedule something suddenly, then cancel suddenly? And I'm sure they wouldn't just call them up and say, well we can't have you on tonight, after they've already made travel plans and such.

gogochisox1917
11-01-2005, 05:52 PM
JD, AJ and Ozzie were all supposed to be there - in fact, they were advertised as such on the Directv guide as of last night - so it can't be just one guy pulling out.
I saw the same thing on the Time Warner cable guide just a few minutes ago.

VenturaFan23
11-01-2005, 05:54 PM
I turned them on late, but did they say how they knew that the Sox were not gonna be on? Did they have any sources?

No, they gave no reason about why they won't be on Leno. Maybe I missed it. If anyone knows, please let us know why.

koch44
11-01-2005, 05:58 PM
Did Levine break this news originally?

IlliniSox4Life
11-01-2005, 06:02 PM
I'd rather see them on Conan.

Anybody watch the Daily Show or Colbert Report? I know they've mentioned the Sox on there by John Stewart and Steve Colbert, but only briefly. Still, I was glad to see it.

TheDarkGundam
11-01-2005, 07:06 PM
As i've said before in a different thread, it's ALL about the Cone-zone :cool: .

Who cares about Leno or Letterman? They both suck.

Frankfan4life
11-01-2005, 07:35 PM
I haven't watched Letterman or Leno in years but I was gearing up to watch Leno tonight and tape the show. Of course, now I won't bother. Letterman had that really irritating jerk Oswalt on just prior to the World Series, so you would think he would give the Sox equal time seeing that they actually won the thing.

It's their loss. I personally think our guys are pretty entertaining.

Joosh
11-01-2005, 07:42 PM
Could this have anything to do with teh fact that Ozzie and Jerry were at that city hall celebration thing today?

PKalltheway
11-01-2005, 07:47 PM
Definitely.

Don't get me wrong, I love the fact that our Sox are finally get much deserved attention on a national level, but now that it's happened....

I want to go back under the radar!! I liked when nobody paid attention to us .... made the entire season that much sweeter

Plus after the whole SNL debacle.....

I wouldn't have been surprised if the guys showed up on Leno tonight and all they did for 10 minutes was "answer" questions on the Northside Corp.

Ridiculous.

I love the attention! This couldn't be any better! All I ever got for being a White Sox fan was crap from other people but now since we won, they are all silent! I wouldn't trade this for the world!

starboy0
11-01-2005, 07:53 PM
Just heard on Comcast it was because Ozzie had the City Hall committment today and couldn't get out there in time. Leno viewed Ozzie as the real draw and since he wasn't coming pulled the plug on the whole thing.

soxwon
I don't find Letterman funny at all...and although I don't watch Leno anymore, I used to enjoy it. But look at the bright side, Conan is taking over in 2008! :D:

Bright side geez, Conan is the most unfunny comedian out there, he is such a infant in his humor.
Leno rocks, Letterman stinks.
Ill bet conan does not get the tonight show.
NBC will wake up by then.

Chisox003
I love the attention! This couldn't be any better! All I ever got for being a White Sox fan was crap from other people but now since we won, they are all silent! I wouldn't trade this for the world!
Ya but Leno?....Letterman....?
:puking:

If it was Conan, I might be a little upset. Plus, those people who give you crap aren't silent because the Sox are appearing on late night tv. They're silent because they know come April 3, 2006, there will be a couple new flags flying at the Cell.

PKalltheway
11-01-2005, 07:57 PM
Ya but Leno?....Letterman....?
:puking:

If it was Conan, I might be a little upset. Plus, those people who give you crap aren't silent because the Sox are appearing on late night tv. They're silent because they know come April 3, 2006, there will be a couple new flags flying at the Cell.

I couldn't agree with you more!

Soxfan35
11-01-2005, 07:57 PM
Leno is garbage. Some people might not like letterman or conans acts, but at least they have an act. leno is just a whiny douchebag who sucks up to celebrities. he's not funny, his skits are terrible. ill admit i was actually going to watch tonight to see ozzie and the boys, but now i doubt i'll ever watch the tonight show again.

TomBradley72
11-01-2005, 08:03 PM
Jay Leno is the DJ of late night TV.

Soxfan35
11-01-2005, 08:10 PM
Jay Leno is the DJ of late night TV.

haha that is a perfect description.

StockdaleForVeep
11-01-2005, 08:44 PM
Eh dont care, not like this exposure would do anythin major for us, i mean hell, look what winning a national title and an apperance on(i forget leno or letterman) got northwestern (heh unfair now cuz they are havin a good season)

oeo
11-01-2005, 09:22 PM
Leno is garbage. Some people might not like letterman or conans acts, but at least they have an act. leno is just a whiny douchebag who sucks up to celebrities. he's not funny, his skits are terrible. ill admit i was actually going to watch tonight to see ozzie and the boys, but now i doubt i'll ever watch the tonight show again.

Letterman isn't funny either. IMO, Leno > Letterman...unless Leno has dropped off that much since I've watched him.

But Conan is taking over in a few years...you won't watch it then?

Soxfan35
11-01-2005, 09:35 PM
I'll definitely give Conan a shot, but watching leno makes me puke. letterman is decent, hit or miss some nights, but leno is awful.

VenturaFan23
11-01-2005, 09:36 PM
Just heard on Comcast it was because Ozzie had the City Hall committment today and couldn't get out there in time. Leno viewed Ozzie as the real draw and since he wasn't coming pulled the plug on the whole thing.

That's BS! Who still wouldn't want to see AJ and the World Series MVP?

chisoxfanatic
11-01-2005, 10:04 PM
Could this have anything to do with teh fact that Ozzie and Jerry were at that city hall celebration thing today?

It has EVERYTHING to do with that. And, Ozzie and JR are scheduled to be in Springfield tomorrow at the Capitol; so, a flight to Southern California would be a no-go afterall. They MUST reschedule this affair, or there will be many pissed Sox fans, however.

DieTrying79
11-01-2005, 10:06 PM
This sucks, I was looking forward too it...

But the good news is, I dont have to watch Leno's sorry self now!

nasox
11-01-2005, 10:13 PM
Bright side geez, Conan is the most unfunny comedian out there, he is such a infant in his humor.

wake up and alienate the entire youth audience for a generation?

Riiiight...

Change is hard, my friend, but accept it

gehrtsox7
11-01-2005, 11:35 PM
I went to the Tonight Show taping in full Sox Gear (Tuesday). No mention of them, no appearance by them, No explanation.

Dolly
11-02-2005, 02:23 AM

I heard this too. I also heard that Ozzie apparently wanted to reschedule for next week but Leno (or Leno's people) thought it would be a "dead story" by then.

Soxfanspcu11
11-02-2005, 03:28 AM

Such an infant in his humor??? Wow, couldn't be further from the truth! Sure he has skits that are pretty low-brow (FedEx pope, masturbating bear). But for the most part his humor is edgy and intelligent. If you watched the show with any regularity you would see this. His skits poke fun at many social and current events and he even shows a VERY informed knowledge of history (check his Eisenhower mug skit). The only ones who rival him in educated humor are Letterman and to a larger extent, Jon Stewart.

If you want to see further proof of Conan's intelligence, check out the episodes of The Simpson's that he wrote. They are UNBELIEVABLY funny, but I think many people had a hard time understanding them because in order to find them funny, people actually had to think and have some knowledge of events that weren't simply current pop-culture.

Please understand I'm not trying to be rude to you, I'm just saying I highly disagree. I personally believe that the "real" juvenile comedy occurs in shows like "Friends" where the same story line is repeated over and over with little to no creativity.

And as an aside, if you really want to get down to the nitty-gritty of talk show hosts, please watch an episode of "Last Call with Carson Daly". If you can make it through the whole show, I would be incredibly surprised. The fact that this no talent hack and massive tool of the industry even has a job is beyond me.

IlliniSox4Life
11-02-2005, 04:08 AM
I heard this too. I also heard that Ozzie apparently wanted to reschedule for next week but Leno (or Leno's people) thought it would be a "dead story" by then.

Checked the guests on in later this week and next. Apparently Dennis Rodman deserves an appearance on Wednesday, along with Steve Irwin and a couple of little kids on there for nothing other than filler.

Am I crazy or are the White Sox just a little less of a "dead story" than Dennis Rodman? Has he done anything worth talking about lately?

ElevenUp
11-02-2005, 05:41 AM

Looks like Helen Kushnik is still booking guests for Leno.

alohafri
11-02-2005, 07:02 AM
Theres always Tony danza or Regis and Kelly...

Kelly is hotter than Leno anyway!

steff
11-02-2005, 08:21 AM

It was Letterman who said that.

skobabe8
11-02-2005, 11:46 AM
This news is fine by me.

Ozzie pulled out, meaning that the all holy Jay Leno isn't really all that important to him. That makes me like the move since Leno is awful.

I'd like to see the guys on Letterman, but oh well.

VenturaSoxFan23
11-02-2005, 12:07 PM
I like Jay, but I do see the reason why I don't watch the entire show. Frankly, I could care less about bands and celebrities. I watch the monologue and Headlines, if he has them. Otherwise, it's a flippin' I'll be doin'.
That comedian was pretty funny, so it wasn't a total loss.

Steelrod
11-02-2005, 12:45 PM
This news is fine by me.

Ozzie pulled out, meaning that the all holy Jay Leno isn't really all that important to him. That makes me like the move since Leno is awful.

I'd like to see the guys on Letterman, but oh well.

Being dumped by Leno mades our boys qualify for Jimmy Kimmel, who's guests are never to be on superstar Leno's show. Kimmel's got a younger audience anyway and is on the west coast, where a lot of our guys spend the winter!

Boski93
11-02-2005, 07:57 PM
I hope they go on Kimmel.

Frankfan4life
11-02-2005, 08:28 PM
I went to the Tonight Show taping in full Sox Gear (Tuesday). No mention of them, no appearance by them, No explanation.Props to you for being a really good Sox fan. Did you stay for the whole show? If so, I hope the show was maybe a tad mildy amusing without our guys. But, I doubt it.

IlliniSox4Life
11-05-2005, 03:43 AM
Happened to be flipping around late at night and crossed NBC where they were replaying an old episode from the day before the Sox were scheduled to be on. It was at the very end, and the musical guest was playing. It was The Killers, who I happen to like, so I listened to em play, and as I did, I noticed that one of their back up singers in the mini-choir they had was wearing a Sox hat. It stood out pretty good cause he was the only one who had anything on his head.

This is the only picture I could find on the Tonight Show Site, and you can see the guy and his logo being partially blocked by the singers mic.

http://www.nbc.com/nbc/The_Tonight_Show_with_Jay_Leno/past/P_101005/101005_03.jpg

Anyway, just glad that somebody out in LA is representing the South Side.

EDIT: Sorry, misread the website this was from Oct 10, before the Sox even won the series, but either way, still glad someone's sporting the South Side Pride