PDA

View Full Version : How Many Times Have You Watched the Clinch Games? The Rally?

TomBradley72
11-01-2005, 04:12 PM
Thanks to the miracle of TiVO, VCR's, etc.....how may times have you watched the post season games? or the celebrations? or the Friday rally? Which are the moments that get to you the most?

NonetheLoaiza
11-01-2005, 04:41 PM
I love listening to Rooney and Farmer over and over again, as well as the video celebrations. Still gives me goosebumps, and probably will for the rest of my life.

pinwheels3530
11-01-2005, 04:44 PM
Everynight before I go to bed.:D:

nebraskasox
11-01-2005, 05:36 PM
My favorite is that short video by WGN I think, the one with playoff highlights. The background music I think says "we are one". I don't know who the artist is, I never heard the song before. When Dye hits the HR off Clemens to open the series scoring, the lyrics say "slow down, slow it down, slow the evening down". And there's that picture of the woman with the sign that says she's been waiting 92 years. There's Ozzie motioning for the "big, wide guy" and Jenks pumping both hands to the sky ... and Paulies slam .. and Pods walkoff ... etc.

I get tears every time I watch that. It's awesome.

peeonwrigley
11-01-2005, 06:01 PM
Channel 23 on my cable system "Chicago Works" did the best job covering the parade/rally that I have seen, and its been on 3 or 4 times a day since.

SOXintheBURGH
11-01-2005, 06:04 PM
I watch the 9th innings of each game and then the celebrations whenever I can. :gulp:

MrRoboto83
11-01-2005, 08:06 PM
I converted all the Rooney and Farmer Clips to cd format to enjoy in my car:cool:

hsnterprize
11-01-2005, 09:50 PM
I DVR'd the last parts of games 1 & 2 (I actually recorded both games, but the endings were the best parts...especially game 2). I also DVR's Comcast Sports Net's rally coverage. I attended the parade/rally live, but I got a better perspective of it once I watched it on TV. Not to mention, I like watching it all over and over again...especially when they're driving through the neighborhoods. If that's not class, then I don't know what is. Many of the people the motorcade passed can't afford to attend live games...so the Sox brought their joy of a championship to them. Keep reaching out to your fans, White Sox!!!!! You'll do more good than you think.

But just in case you either didn't see the rally...or you can't get enough of it...set your VCR/DVR/Tivo to Comcast Sports Net this Thursday at 7 because they'll be showing the parade/rally again.

Brian26
11-01-2005, 10:03 PM
Thanks to the miracle of TiVO, VCR's, etc.....how may times have you watched the post season games? or the celebrations? or the Friday rally? Which are the moments that get to you the most?

I stayed up late on Saturday night and watched the rally tape in its entirety. I'm glad I taped it, because I missed a lot of good stuff with the faulty speakers on LaSalle Street. I highly doubt I'll watch it again anytime soon, but the PK speech was classic.

chisoxfanatic
11-01-2005, 10:10 PM
Channel 23 on my cable system "Chicago Works" did the best job covering the parade/rally that I have seen, and its been on 3 or 4 times a day since.

The only drawback to that channel's coverage was their camera angles. It seemed like the cameramen were in high school or something. They could've been MUCH better.

I don't think anyone outside of the actual city gets the Chicago Access Network. But, it WAS a treat to watch to say the least. I watched it twice Sunday (once Sunday morning, and once Sunday evening).

Sarah
11-01-2005, 11:03 PM
The games are downloaded onto my TiVo desktop on my laptop...I will actually sit in class with mute on and watch portions of them when I am bored.

Definitely a good use of my time.

-Sarah-

Iwritecode
11-01-2005, 11:06 PM
I guess I'll have to watch them when they release the DVD box set.

Me being my superstitious self I didn't tape a single one... :whiner: