PDA

View Full Version : Sox on WGN

PKalltheway
11-01-2005, 01:47 PM
Hey, does anybody know if the White Sox winning the World Series will result in more games on WGN next year? I live in Cincinnati and before we ordered the Extra Innings package for the 2005 season, that was the only way I could watch the White Sox.

Sad
11-01-2005, 01:51 PM
WGN=World's Greatest Newspaper=Tribune=Cubs:rolleyes:

so I'm thinking... no
...unfortunately...

sox1970
11-01-2005, 01:54 PM
Hey, does anybody know if the White Sox winning the World Series will result in more games on WGN next year? I live in Cincinnati and before we ordered the Extra Innings package for the 2005 season, that was the only way I could watch the White Sox.

I doubt it. Comcast broadcasts about 100. WGN is usually good for about one per weekend. WGN has too much wrapped up in the WB. The only reason why the Cubs have more on WGN is because of the day games.

mike squires
11-01-2005, 01:54 PM
My guess is it will be exactly the same as the last few years including WCIU. CIU makes no sense to me. It reaches a smaller audience and leaves me pissed off. Especially a big game against the Yanks, Twins or Indians.:angry:

PKalltheway
11-01-2005, 01:56 PM
I guess I'll have to get Extra Innings again for 2006...except this time I'll be watching the Sox defend their World title instead of going for one!:D:

PKalltheway
11-01-2005, 01:57 PM
What's even worse about CIU is that their games don't come on extra innings.

Sad
11-01-2005, 02:05 PM
What's even worse about CIU is that their games don't come on extra innings.

yeah it's usually the opposing team's feed if on WCIU...
I can get WCIU on the ole antenna most nights tho'

DenverSock
11-01-2005, 02:26 PM
My guess is it will be exactly the same as the last few years including WCIU. CIU makes no sense to me. It reaches a smaller audience and leaves me pissed off. Especially a big game against the Yanks, Twins or Indians.:angry:

I agree with that. Even if you have the Extra Innings package (I do) you don't get the WCIU games.:angry::angry:

yeah it's usually the opposing team's feed if on WCIU...
I can get WCIU on the ole antenna most nights tho'

You don't always get the oppossing team's feed.:angry::angry:

mccoydp
11-01-2005, 02:33 PM
Get MLBTV on your computer and you get about 95% of the games, except for the one that are blacked out because of national broadcasts.

I watched approx. 140 of the games (on MLBTV) this year for the first time ever; I was reliant on WGN and ESPN in the past, and I missed out on a lot. I discovered the MLB audio last year and listened to Rooney and Farmer.

Chicken Dinner
11-01-2005, 02:37 PM
More games on WGN is not likely to happen. The Comcast games are on MLB Extra-Innings which adds an additional revenue stream. WGN gives them nothing. I'd rather not watch games on WGN anyway with the way the keep changing the volume levels and playing the same commercials over and over and over.

MISoxfan
11-01-2005, 08:22 PM
I can get WCIU crystal clear with an antenna, but the games on CSN are blacked out because I don't live in the designated viewing area. I can't get Detroit local broadcast signals with an antenna only South Bend, Chicago, and oddly enough Milwaukee channels occasionally.

I have extra innings just for the CSN games, but when we play the Tigers those ones are blacked out on extra innings and I have absolutelly no way to view them.

downstairs
11-02-2005, 08:05 AM
I think these things are in the contracts many years out.

Whatever contract the Sox have with WGN, CSN, WCIU... the number of games is set, and that's that.

Whenver these contracts come up for negotiation... then who knows...