PDA

View Full Version : More evidence that Cub fans don't care about the White Sox

cheeses_h_rice
11-01-2005, 02:41 PM
Different posters rooting (http://www.northsidebaseball.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?t=26182&sid=d684dd3d0841f7a8f05ac084ae035157) for either Dye, Rowand or Pods to be the AL playoff outfielder who tested positive for 'roids.

But keep pontificating at us from that pedestal, guys. Really, it's not hypocritical in the least.

:rolleyes:

Lip Man 1
11-01-2005, 02:53 PM
Cheeses:

After the Sox winning the World Series, Cub fans can't even get arrested in Chicago anymore.

With respect 'who cares,' what any of these self styled, druken, yuppies think. They are irrelevent anymore. Simply ignore them and maybe they'll eventually go away.

Lip

SOXPHILE
11-01-2005, 03:09 PM
Wow ! Dumbass Cub fans ! Who-da-thunk it ?

SOXPHILE: <Yawns, looks at his new White Sox 2005 World Series Championship t-shirt, and thinks about 2005 White Sox season and other related paraphernalia he's going to buy, smiles. Thinks briefly about wretched Cub fans and their jealousy. Laughs an evil laugh. Heh heh heh heh heh...>

Iwritecode
11-01-2005, 03:21 PM
Different posters rooting (http://www.northsidebaseball.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?t=26182&sid=d684dd3d0841f7a8f05ac084ae035157) for either Dye, Rowand or Pods to be the AL playoff outfielder who tested positive for 'roids.

But keep pontificating at us from that pedestal, guys. Really, it's not hypocritical in the least.

They really have some issues over there...

itsnotrequired
11-01-2005, 03:26 PM
They really have some issues over there...

To be fair, only a couple guys in that thread hope for it to be a Sox player. Almost all the rest of them either think it is a false rumor or are pointing fingers at Sheff and Damon.

davenicholson
11-01-2005, 03:36 PM
I hate the other team about as much as the next guy, but after watching the glorious post season run of the Sox, I was well on the road to relegating them, their fans and the fawning media to my mental ignore bin.

But no, you guys had to supply a link to that site, and like the curious guy that I am, I just had to start reading the game threads for the World Series. And like seeing a traffic accident, I just couldn't turn away. I laughed so hard that my sides now ache. Thanks a lot, guys! :redneck

Iwritecode
11-01-2005, 03:42 PM
To be fair, only a couple guys in that thread hope for it to be a Sox player. Almost all the rest of them either think it is a false rumor or are pointing fingers at Sheff and Damon.

I'm reading through the "Cub fan's rant over the hypocryisy of Chicago" thread.

Basically every Sox fan stereo-type is brought up at least once as well as their fawning over the attendance-trophy.

The fact that many of them are upset about the fact the Sox are the WS champions proves that they don't care about us. :rolleyes:

Unregistered
11-01-2005, 03:45 PM
http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=3493 .

FarWestChicago
11-01-2005, 03:50 PM
Cheeses:

After the Sox winning the World Series, Cub fans can't even get arrested in Chicago anymore.

With respect 'who cares,' what any of these self styled, druken, yuppies think. They are irrelevent anymore. Simply ignore them and maybe they'll eventually go away.

LipI don't know, Lip. If a World Championship can't cure Flubsession, I don't know what will. :?:

kittle42
11-01-2005, 04:04 PM
I don't know, Lip. If a World Championship can't cure Flubsession, I don't know what will. :?:

Yet another Popularity Championship for our Cubbies!

RadioheadRocks
11-01-2005, 04:16 PM

I'm thinking there are a lot of Twins fans doing the same thing. You should see the Twins message board on ESPN.com!

veeter
11-01-2005, 04:23 PM
cub fans are hynie-birds.

itsnotrequired
11-01-2005, 04:24 PM
I'm reading through the "Cub fan's rant over the hypocryisy of Chicago" thread.

Basically every Sox fan stereo-type is brought up at least once as well as their fawning over the attendance-trophy.

The fact that many of them are upset about the fact the Sox are the WS champions proves that they don't care about us. :rolleyes:

Oh don't get me wrong, there are plenty of bozo threads over there. The one about the steriods isn't one of them. Overall, that board is very much like WSI. There are your long-time, intelligent posters and your posters who are only there to rip the Sox. Hell, they even have a pretty strong Dark Cloud collection of posters!:redneck

Seems like some of the mods over there are getting sick of all the sour grapes Sox bashing as well. I've lurked on that board for a couple years and there used to be very little Sox talk (unlike the large amount of Cub threads here at WSI). You could argue the "Cub fans don't care about Sox fans" stereotype to be fairly true. But with the Sox winning the WS, seems like a lot more people are on there bashing the Sox. Success will do that to any message board. Just look at how few Cubs threads have been started here over the last month when compared to three months ago.

The situations have reversed somewhat and the Cubs are now the "second team", at least for the time being...

CLR01
11-01-2005, 04:26 PM
Oh don't get me wrong, there are plenty of bozo threads over there. The one about the steriods isn't one of them. Overall, that board is very much like WSI. There are your long-time, intelligent posters and your posters who are only there to rip the Sox. Hell, they even have a pretty strong Dark Cloud collection of posters!:redneck

Seems like some of the mods over there are getting sick of all the sour grapes Sox bashing as well. I've lurked on that board for a couple years and there used to be very little Sox talk (unlike the large amount of Cub threads here at WSI). You could argue the "Cub fans don't care about Sox fans" stereotype to be fairly true. But with the Sox winning the WS, seems like a lot more people are on there bashing the Sox. Success will do that to any message board. Just look at how few Cubs threads have been started here over the last month when compared to three months ago.

The situations have reversed somewhat and the Cubs are now the "second team", at least for the time being...

Thats funny. I have not seen any shortage of Cub-related threads around here in the last month.

itsnotrequired
11-01-2005, 04:31 PM
Thats funny. I have not seen any shortage of Cub-related threads around here in the last month.

I'm not saying there aren't any at all, just a lot less. Remember the "Stupid Cub Fan Moment XXXX" threads that were started every day? Remember the "Media Watch" threads?

Hold up, these are all ideas spearheaded by Hanger. Maybe I should come up with some better examples.:tongue:

Iwritecode
11-01-2005, 04:32 PM

Looking at the first page of WTS there's really only a handful of actual "Cub-related" threads.

Many others are just trade-ideas, propeller-head columns, etc... that get lumped in here as well.

CLR01
11-01-2005, 04:38 PM
Looking at the first page of WTS there's really only a handful of actual "Cub-related" threads.

Many others are just trade-ideas, propeller-head columns, etc... that get lumped in here as well.

I see around a dozen in the last week. The first page is the nature of the Hot-stove season. Numbers may have dropped a little but the cubssesion is still strong.

hsnterprize
11-01-2005, 10:39 PM
Funny thing is...I looked through their "Welcome To Hell: White Sox win 4-0" thread, and someone wrote that it "stung" when the announcer said the Sox are no longer Chicago's 2nd team.

You can rip on Joe Buck and Tim McCarver all day, but that was a pretty neat quote.

And yes...they've got some issues at that site. But who can blame them? They've followed the same lip-service from their team for so long, and now, it's starting to become apparent it's not enough to have sell-out crowds everyday, a B-list celebrity singing the stretch, and a trendy bar scene around their urine-smelling joint. Fault us too for even being somewhat interested in what they're thinking...it really doesn't matter at all. It's just funny to see many of the posters on that site looking for the largest Cub hat they can crawl under until this celebration storm is over.