PDA

View Full Version : West

Jerry_Manuel
12-14-2001, 07:22 PM
I haven't seen many comments on this so I'll ask. What's the reaction been to Giambi leaving the A's? I'm sure it's been negative towards the A's for not getting a deal done and towards Giambi for leaving. Has Clueless said anything?

FarWestChicago
12-14-2001, 07:33 PM
There's been a lot of talk on the radio. Remember, I cancelled my newspaper when they hired Clueless. I don't know what that blight has said. Both the A's owners and the Ox have been getting ripped. I don't think the A's owners ever wanted to sign him. They want to cash out on the club and they didn't want a $91 million liability on the books. The Ox will definitely get some boos when he returns to Oakland the next time.

Jerry_Manuel
12-14-2001, 07:38 PM
Originally posted by FarWestChicago
Both the A's owners and the Ox have been getting ripped. I don't think the A's owners ever wanted to sign him. They want to cash out on the club and they didn't want a $91 million liability on the books. The Ox will definitely get some boos when he returns to Oakland the next time.

Sounds like Reinsdorf not to want any big contracts, but we know he's not selling any time soon. I can imagine the warm welcome he'll recieve, I'm guessing chants of "You sold out" will be heard. Two years in a row and two great series against the Yanks in the playoffs now he joins them, unreal.

PaleHoseGeorge
12-14-2001, 08:00 PM
King George doesn't like being a bridesmaid in the post-season.

:reinsy
"That's why I choose not to go to the party at all. Those fancy dresses are worthless after just one wearing!"

FarWestChicago
12-14-2001, 08:01 PM
Originally posted by PaleHoseGeorge
King George doesn't like being a bridesmaid in the post-season. Gee, I wonder what makes you say that.