PDA

View Full Version : As of today... FULL season tix plan only

Soul_bat
11-01-2005, 11:29 AM
Just called for season tix and they are only filling full plans as of today. Not sure what that means for the abbrevaited plans - just thought I would pass that on. I left a message waiting for a call back....

Tekijawa
11-01-2005, 11:31 AM
Don't scare these people... it means that only Full Season ticket packages are available NOW... then they will go to 27 game packages... then they will sell Ozzie plans...

Soul_bat
11-01-2005, 12:35 PM
That's what I wrote in the thread .... " as of today".... Some people thought the abbreviated plans were available today.

JohnBasedowYoda
11-01-2005, 01:20 PM
[QUOTE=Tekijawa]Don't scare these people...QUOTE]

What they won't sell individual tickets!?!?! What about early bird parking? WHat?!! They moved all the churo stands you say?!

anewman35
11-01-2005, 02:05 PM
[QUOTE=Tekijawa]Don't scare these people...QUOTE]

What they won't sell individual tickets!?!?! What about early bird parking? WHat?!! They moved all the churo stands you say?!

What about the shower?!?!?!?!?

The Dude
11-01-2005, 03:17 PM
I just left a message after debating this all day long. I am waiting to hear back from a rep on my order for full season tix. Hopefully this doesnt take too long.

MrRoboto83
11-01-2005, 06:46 PM
I took the plung on Full season tickets and I am very excited about it, although my wallet says different.:(:

hellenicsoxfan
11-01-2005, 06:50 PM
Question: Does the 27 game plan include playoff and World series tickets? I'm sure you wouldn't get a ticket to each game, but are you entitled to some?

itsnotrequired
11-01-2005, 06:51 PM
Question: Does the 27 game plan include playoff and World series tickets? I'm sure you wouldn't get a ticket to each game, but are you entitled to some?

You have the option to purchase all ALDS games, one ALCS game and one WS game.

Chips
11-01-2005, 07:02 PM
The Dude and I are getting the full season ticket package. Section 518, Row 5 seats 1 and 2. I cannot wait. Gonna be a great ****ing year.

hellenicsoxfan
11-01-2005, 07:03 PM
You have the option to purchase all ALDS games, one ALCS game and one WS game.

Thanks for the info. I think I'll be buying when they go on sale.

IUSOXFAN
11-01-2005, 07:58 PM
I received a call back from a ticket rep today about the 27 game package, and he said that they could not give me seat locations on this package and to try to call back in a few days.

Actually was very pleasantly surprise that he call me back just to give me an update!!!

itsnotrequired
11-01-2005, 07:59 PM
The Dude and I are getting the full season ticket package. Section 518, Row 5 seats 1 and 2. I cannot wait. Gonna be a great ****ing year.

I was looking to get a split-season plan but am sooooo close to pulling the trigger on a full season. Was there anything decent available in 520 or did you guys specifically want 518?

chisoxfanatic
11-01-2005, 08:33 PM
I was looking to get a split-season plan but am sooooo close to pulling the trigger on a full season. Was there anything decent available in 520 or did you guys specifically want 518?

Apparently, there were around 10,000 full season tickets from last year, and around 1,000 filled in that deal to assure you of World Series tickets this year, which means that there should still be good Lower Deck Box seats for the split plans if that's the plan you're going to be going after.

Split season ticket plans (Hit & Run and Double Play plans) go on sale on the 9th, while Ozzie plans go on sale at the end of the month.

itsnotrequired
11-01-2005, 08:56 PM
[QUOTE=chisoxfanatic]Split season ticket plans (Hit & Run and Double Play plans) go on sale on the 9th...QUOTE]

Is this what the rep told you? That's awesome that it is so soon.

The more I think about, a full season will simply be too much. My wife would be able to make only a handful of the weekday games and trying to unload or sell all those extra tickets will start to become a hassle. Looks like we are going to go with the original upper box seats with the Double Play plan.

But I want more baseball! Lucky for me, my wife has accepted my proposal to buy an additional Hit and Run ticket for myself! I get some extra games but not so many that I am away from home for half the summer.

I guess I married the right woman...:cool:

chisoxfanatic
11-01-2005, 09:07 PM
Is this what the rep told you? That's awesome that it is so soon.

It was on the message that you hear before leaving a message on her voice mail. Because of the huge volumes of calls, don't expect to get in touch with a human voice. Expect the necessity of being called back, and maybe not even on the same day as your message was left. Be patient! You WILL be able to place your order.

Brian26
11-01-2005, 09:12 PM
Apparently, there were around 10,000 full season tickets from last year, and around 1,000 filled in that deal to assure you of World Series tickets this year

I would think the Sox have to be extremely pleased with the fact that they were able to expand their full-season ticket base by 10% in essentially two days due to this World Series promotion.

chisoxfanatic
11-01-2005, 09:15 PM
With the way things are looking, I wouldn't be surprised if the Sox had 15,000-16,000 full season ticket plans. Plus, there will be an increase in split-season ticket plans and Ozzie plans. There might not be many seats left for those purchasing when tickets go on sale on the 27th of January at this rate. If the Sox drew over 3 million next year, I would not be surprised. I don't mean to bring up the "a" word here, but I think they could set a Chicago sports record for attendance. What winning is doing to this franchise!

Brian26
11-01-2005, 09:26 PM
If the Sox drew over 3 million next year, I would not be surprised.

With the bad weather in April and early May, along with some of the bad teams the Sox play annually (KC and Detroit), 3 million is a stretch. Unfortunately, the Sox hurt themselves with taking off those top 8 rows of the upperdeck....that's 5,000 less tickets for all of the Cubs/Yankees/Red Sox games every year.

itsnotrequired
11-01-2005, 09:54 PM
With the way things are looking, I wouldn't be surprised if the Sox had 15,000-16,000 full season ticket plans. Plus, there will be an increase in split-season ticket plans and Ozzie plans. There might not be many seats left for those purchasing when tickets go on sale on the 27th of January at this rate. If the Sox drew over 3 million next year, I would not be surprised. I don't mean to bring up the "a" word here, but I think they could set a Chicago sports record for attendance. What winning is doing to this franchise!

I would be very surprised if they got 15-16k in full-season ticket holders. 14k, tops and realistically, I'm guessing 12.5-13k. 3 million total seems a bit high as well. I can't imagine it being more that 2.7 million.

TornLabrum
11-01-2005, 09:59 PM
Apparently, there were around 10,000 full season tickets from last year, and around 1,000 filled in that deal to assure you of World Series tickets this year, which means that there should still be good Lower Deck Box seats for the split plans if that's the plan you're going to be going after.

Split season ticket plans (Hit & Run and Double Play plans) go on sale on the 9th, while Ozzie plans go on sale at the end of the month.

I guess that means whoever was here the past week insisting that Ozzie plans would go on sale today was wrong.

The Dude
11-01-2005, 10:51 PM

I believe she said row 9 in 520, but I like the row 5 (which is actually row 2 in 518) and we got the aisle seats so thats what I preferred.

MrRoboto83
11-02-2005, 12:39 AM
I'll be sitting in Sec 159 for the season, can't wait, winter go away, bring on a spring day.

Soxfanspcu11
11-02-2005, 01:02 AM
I called yesterday (Tuesday) at around 2 pm and the line was busy for about the first 5 tries. However, once I got through, I was directed to a rep who helped me out so quickly I thought something might not have gone through correctly.

I purchased a full season plan, 2 seats in the bleachers. You had to put in a 50% deposit and the rest is due when they send the invoice in December. To me it is well worth it. And I know that many people can not afford a full season, so it's a tough decision. Heck, I really can't afford it either, but luckily I had some money saved up.

Also, I asked the rep if you bought season tickets in the 500 level if you would have the option of going down to the 100 level. (In past threads this has been discussed and people have said that yes you can do that). She told me that, "Yes, you have been able to in the past". However she didn't seem to sure of that and also told me that there is a possibility that they will not be allowing people to do that in 2006.

Of course there is a chance that that is just a sales pitch from them because they make about 1500 more if they sell you 100 level tickets but I just didn't want to take the chance.

Perhaps I was just lucky, but like I said, everything went incredibly smooth. My best advice to anyone trying to get through and is having trouble talking to an actual "person", call around 2pm, they seem to be a little less busy then. And if you have a pretty good idea about what you want, the process should be pretty quick. Either way, good luck to everyone!