PDA

View Full Version : Do we still need a outfielder?

MikeKreevich
12-14-2001, 08:05 PM
Man, I wish the sox could prove Parque was healthy now. I, for one, don't care if he ever pitches for the sox again. If he was healthy they could package him with Durham, Clayton, and Singleton and get someone like Giles. Nah, the Pirates would want more. Maybe Josh Paul would do it.

AsInWreck
12-14-2001, 08:11 PM
iF THE PIRATES WANTED TO TAKE ON THE 9.5 MILLION SALARY OF DURHAM AND CLAYTON THEY PROBABLY WOULDN'T BE TRADING GILES

Chisox_cali
12-14-2001, 08:19 PM
Originally posted by Guzman's Goat
Do we still need a outfielder?

NO

seventytwo
12-14-2001, 08:22 PM
We need another outfielder. I would love to have Giles playing left, Rowand in center and Mags in right next year. Giles would also give us some pop from the left side, breaking up the Frank, Mags, Kong string in the lineup.

Of course, Erstad would be nice too, especially because we need someone other than Ray to hit leadoff.

I just read on CBS sportsline that KW is still talking to the Pirates about Giles, take that for what it's worth.

MikeKreevich
12-14-2001, 08:30 PM
Originally posted by AsInWreck
iF THE PIRATES WANTED TO TAKE ON THE 9.5 MILLION SALARY OF DURHAM AND CLAYTON THEY PROBABLY WOULDN'T BE TRADING GILES
I know that "As In", I was just highlighting the deadwood we have on this team. How about answering my original question. I think I would like to see Lee in left for one more year.

Daver
12-14-2001, 08:35 PM

I know that "As In", I was just highlighting the deadwood we have on this team. How about answering my original question. I think I would like to see Lee in left for one more year.

Yeah maybe he could set a record in flyballs lost in the sun,roof,clouds,lights,etc...........

Sounds like a plan!

Jerry_Manuel
12-14-2001, 08:41 PM
Originally posted by daver
Yeah maybe he could set a record in flyballs lost in the sun,roof,clouds,lights,etc...........

Sounds like a plan!

To bad there won't be baseball. If there going to deal Lee I would rather wait another year for a better deal. Not this crap teams are offering now. El Duque? Kevin Appier? Whatever.

:caballo
Get rid of the Twins so I don't have to deal with that white roof.

MikeKreevich
12-14-2001, 08:42 PM

Sounds like a plan!
He might hit about 35 home runs too. He's about one year away from DH territory.

Daver
12-14-2001, 08:56 PM

He might hit about 35 home runs too. He's about one year away from DH territory.

Judging by his skills in the outfeild he is in DH territory now.

But then again what the hell do I know? ©

AsInWreck
12-14-2001, 08:57 PM
I don't think the sox "need" an OF exactly, no/if the sox are willing to assume salary by getting giles i'd rather see them getting another quality SP or C/but the sox lineup would look pretty scary
like this-

durham 2b
valentin ss
thomas dh
maggs rf
giles lf
konerko 1b
crede 3b
singleton/rowand cf
mjohnson c

well I guess the bottoms not so scary---
but they could still score some runs

FarWestChicago
12-14-2001, 08:58 PM

Daver, I bet you liked me that night I dropped the walk off Salami on the Flubs.

Jerry_Manuel
12-14-2001, 09:02 PM
Originally posted by AsInWreck
the sox lineup would look pretty scary
like this-
Durham 2b
valentin ss
thomas dh
maggs rf
giles lf
konerko 1b
crede 3b
singleton/rowand cf
mjohnson c
well I guess the bottoms not so scary---
but they could still score some runs

Yeah it would, but lets go to the real world.

Durham 2B
Valentin 3B
Thomas DH
Ordonez RF
Konerko 1B
Lee LF
Rowand CF
Clayton SS
Alomar C

Daver
12-14-2001, 09:03 PM
Originally posted by FarWestChicago

Daver, I bet you liked me that night I dropped the walk off Salami on the Flubs.

I have no problem with Carlos Lee the hitter,Carlos Lee the outfeilder deserves the name Mr.Adventure.

MikeKreevich
12-14-2001, 09:11 PM
Originally posted by Jerry_Manuel

Durham 2B
Valentin 3B
Thomas DH
Ordonez RF
Konerko 1B
Lee LF
Rowand CF
Clayton SS
Alomar C
Not too shabby!

PaleHoseGeorge
12-14-2001, 09:19 PM

I was at that game. The Flubs fans were in shock. It is my favorite El Caballo moment.

FarWestChicago
12-14-2001, 09:27 PM
Originally posted by PaleHoseGeorge

I was at that game. The Flubs fans were in shock. It is my favorite El Caballo moment. That was probably my favorite moment of the 2001 season. Ode, his family and I were going nuts. :)

CLR01
12-14-2001, 09:44 PM

Durham 2B
Valentin 3B
Thomas DH
Ordonez RF
Konerko 1B
Lee LF
Rowand CF
Clayton SS
Alomar C

Rowand is not a centerfielder.

"Your not in the real worl yet Jerry. I think you made that left instead of the right."

:slowswing

Tragg
12-14-2001, 09:45 PM
We need a center fielder.

It better be one who can cover better than singleton and hit for a OBP of over .350 for us to trade Caballo for.

Daver
12-14-2001, 09:48 PM
Originally posted by Tragg

It better be one who can cover better than singleton and hit for a OBP of over .350 for us to trade Caballo for.

That is the problem with trading C.Lee,he has to be traded to an AL team,no NL team would want him,look at the Mets trading for Justice only to trade him to an AL team two days later.

Tragg
12-14-2001, 09:51 PM
I'm not convinced of that. 1st base? Hell, we've played him in the outfield.

I'd rather trade Konerko anyway. Just a feeling, but I think Caballo can be a real stud and he's easier contractually.

Jerry_Manuel
12-14-2001, 09:56 PM
Originally posted by CLR01
Rowand is not a centerfielder.

I never claimed he was, the Sox claim he is.

Jerry_Manuel
12-14-2001, 09:57 PM

2002 is going to be mix and match until 2003 when Borchard takes over.

Tragg
12-14-2001, 10:02 PM

2002 is going to be mix and match until 2003 when Borchard takes over.

Which begs the question - is Borchard a center fielder?

CLR01
12-14-2001, 10:04 PM

Which begs the question - is Borchard a center fielder?

I still think Borchard should stay in right, move maggs to left and find a centerfielder.

FarWestChicago
12-14-2001, 10:09 PM

I still think Borchard should stay in right, move maggs to left and find a centerfielder. :slowswing

CLR!!! Where is the love?

CLR01
12-14-2001, 10:13 PM

CLR!!! Where is the love?

"Hey, he never said when they would have to find one. Maybe he meant when i retire."

Daver
12-14-2001, 10:15 PM
I'm not convinced of that. 1st base? Hell, we've played him in the outfield.

I'd rather trade Konerko anyway. Just a feeling, but I think Caballo can be a real stud and he's easier contractually.

Konerko is the last player I would trade aside from Magglio,he has yet to put up his best numbers and feilds his position well.
C.Lee is better suited as a DH,and I think the Sox have that position wrapped up.

FarWestChicago
12-14-2001, 10:21 PM

Konerko is the last player I would trade aside from Magglio,he has yet to put up his best numbers and feilds his position well.

But then again what the hell do I know? © :walnuts

Plus, nobody can say OLÉ quite like me when a grounder goes by.

Daver
12-14-2001, 10:23 PM
:walnuts

Plus, nobody can say OLÉ quite like me when a grounder goes by.

Exactly!

And having Ray standing 15 yards away with his glove on his head giving the WADN'T ME look completes the picture.

FarWestChicago
12-14-2001, 10:25 PM

Exactly!

And having Ray standing 15 yards away with his glove on his head giving the WADN'T ME look completes the picture. LOL!! The Matador and the Fire Hydrant. We won't get into the next position over from FH. :smile:

OK, I can't resist. Buddy Lee at short and Hands of Stone at third. :D:

CLR01
12-14-2001, 10:27 PM
LOL!! The Matador and the Fire Hydrant. We won't get into the next position over from FH. :smile:

OK, I can't resist. Buddy Lee at short and Hands of Stone at third.

"And you people expect this team to compete next season. Buahahahahahahaha...hahahaha......GO CUBBIES!"

:moron

FarWestChicago
12-14-2001, 10:28 PM

"And you people expect this team to compete next season. Buahahahahahahaha...hahahaha......GO CUBBIES"

:moron I really wish Fluffy would relieve himself on your head.

Daver
12-14-2001, 10:37 PM
I really wish Fluffy would relieve himself on your head.

Fluffy does that in his column on a daily basis.

Daver
12-14-2001, 10:39 PM
LOL!! The Matador and the Fire Hydrant. We won't get into the next position over from FH. :smile:

OK, I can't resist. Buddy Lee at short and Hands of Stone at third. :D:

Royce Clayton is Buddy Lee.

FarWestChicago
12-14-2001, 10:40 PM

Royce Clayton is Buddy Lee. You are correct. My apologies. Fixed. :smile:

nut_stock
12-14-2001, 11:40 PM
While a Brian Giles would be nice, I just don't know if it's worth the cost. It's not like were desperate for a new LF or CF. Let's face it, while Chirs and Carlos have their faults, the duo are no worse than average. Their struggles kind of balance out. Lee has the bat, Chris has the glove.
All Im saying is that its not worth it to trade away the future on 1 outfielder in our current state, only if its a reasonable deal.

LongDistanceFan
12-15-2001, 02:40 AM

C.Lee is better suited as a DH,and I think the Sox have that position wrapped up.

But then again what the hell do I know? © and using kipper and ray, would've been better to get players instead of a ritchie.....

Daver
12-15-2001, 02:48 AM
Originally posted by LongDistanceFan
and using kipper and ray, would've been better to get players instead of a ritchie..... The Sox traded 3 players that had no place in the future of the team for a proven starter,I still don't see where that is wrong.

FarWestChicago
12-15-2001, 02:52 AM
The Sox traded 3 players that had no place in the future of the team for a proven starter,I still don't see where that is wrong.

But then again what the hell do I know? © I liked Sean. I'll never forget what he did against the Flubs when Wells wussed out. That was a huge performance for us. But, Kenny and Jerry hated him for some reason. What are you gonna do?

CLR01
12-15-2001, 03:09 AM
I liked Sean. I'll never forget what he did against the Flubs when Wells wussed out. That was a huge performance for us. But, Kenny and Jerry hated him for some reason. What are you gonna do?

The guy cant win with you people. IF he would have pitched with the bad back people would have flamed him for not steping aside and doing what was good for the team, he did just that and now he wussed out. BLA

"Atleast everyone still loves me, who can ever forget my homer in the third game and my throw to royce that helped nail Gary Matthews JR at the plate. Lets see that pansy Rowand do that."

FarWestChicago
12-15-2001, 03:14 AM

The guy cant win with you people. IF he would have pitched with the bad back people would have flamed him for not steping aside and doing what was good for the team, he did just that and now he wussed out.I don't have anything against XL. He's a fellow big, fat guy. That game just went from a horror story to something wonderful because Sean stepped up. I'll never forget that. :smile: