PDA

View Full Version : World Series Books?

Dickie Kerr
10-31-2005, 08:18 PM
Anyone know of any books being planned on the 2005 World Champion Chicago White Sox? (God, I will never get tired of saying that!):smile:

StillMissOzzie
10-31-2005, 09:15 PM
Anyone know of any books being planned on the 2005 World Champion Chicago White Sox? (God, I will never get tired of saying that!):smile:

Sun-Times and Trib will both have versions in both soft and hard covers, and SI has a hard cover that you can get with a subscription, along w/ some souveneir baseballs.

SMO
:gulp:

Brian26
10-31-2005, 09:33 PM
Sun-Times and Trib will both have versions in both soft and hard covers, and SI has a hard cover that you can get with a subscription, along w/ some souveneir baseballs.

SMO
:gulp:

The Sun-Times book isn't out yet, but it will have both a soft and hardcover version. The Trib book is already out in softcover. I'm not sure, though, that they will be offering a hardcover version. Did you see this somewhere specifically?

halfpricemonday
11-01-2005, 09:32 AM
Just an FYI: Borders Books already has the Trib softcover book ("Believe It!") in stock, and you can pick up a coupon at Borders which is good for 30% off any regular priced item. The coupon is valid from Nov 3 to 6. I picked up a coupon at the register this weekend just as I was about to buy the Trib's retrospective, so I decided to wait a few days and take advantage of the savings.

BTW, the book is really nice, especially considering we won the World Series (hold on, I'm getting a bit misty eyed, okay, I'm good...) 6 days ago. No pictures of the parade though.

GoSoxGo
11-01-2005, 12:48 PM
Besides the Trib and Sun times books,it is possible to buy the Sports Illustrated book ( hardcover) for $19.99 on their website without a subscription. Also, the Sporting News is putting out a hardcover book as well.

Chicken Dinner
11-01-2005, 01:11 PM
Besides the Trib and Sun times books,it is possible to buy the Sports Illustrated book ( hardcover) for $19.99 on their website without a subscription. Also, the Sporting News is putting out a hardcover book as well.

It's already for sale.

http://www.sportingnews.com/books/baseball/whitesox_ws.html

Baines
11-01-2005, 01:17 PM
At Walgreens, I just picked up the Trib one and the Sports Illustrated one. They also have the Official MLB World Series program, a Street & Smith recap, a Lindy's recap, and 2 others whose publishers I don't remember.

JohnBasedowYoda
11-01-2005, 01:17 PM
i bought the trib one the other day....lot's of cool photographs. what they did do that was kinda lame was reprint all those things they had on the back of the sports pages the "our guy has some words with <insert player>"

Also, a good portion of the photos were our guys not making plays, getting tagged out, etc.... Just thought i'd throw that out there