PDA

View Full Version : MLB Awards schedule

chisoxmike
10-31-2005, 09:09 PM
The real post-season award handouts (not the sporting news crap) start this week (Nov.3) with the players choice award.

NOV. 7 AL & NL Rookie Of the Year
NOV. 8 AL CY Young Award
NOV. 9 AL & NL Manager Of The Year Award
NOV. 10 NL CY Young Award
NOV. 14 AL MVP Award
NOV. 15 NL MVP Award

antitwins13
10-31-2005, 09:18 PM
The real post-season award handouts (not the sporting news crap) start this week (Nov.3) with the players choice award.

NOV. 8 AL CY Young Award
NOV. 14 AL MVP Award
NOV. 15 NL MVP Award

AL Rookie of the Year: Should be Iguchi, but will be Huston Street
NL Rookie of the Year: Willie Tavares
AL Cy Young: Bartolo Colon
NL Cy Young: Cris Carpenter
AL MOTY: Ozzie Guillen
NL MOTY: Should be Bruce Bochy, but will be Phil Garner
AL MVP : Alex Rodriguez
NL MVP: As much as it pains me as a Sox fan to say I think Derrek Lee deserves it, but since the Flubs suck Andrew Jones.

ChiSoxRowand
10-31-2005, 10:05 PM
Don't gold gloves come out tomorrow? Maybe A-Row will get one.

Chips
10-31-2005, 10:13 PM
NL Rookie of the Year: Willie Tavares
NL Cy Young: Cris Carpenter
AL MOTY: Ozzie Guillen
NL MOTY: Should be Bruce Bochy, but will be Phil Garner
AL MVP : Alex Rodriguez
NL MVP: As much as it pains me as a Sox fan to say I think Derrek Lee deserves it, but since the Flubs suck Andrew Jones.

Bruce Bochy, are you kidding me? How about Bobby Cox or Tony LaRussa.

Derrek Lee deserves it for what?, helping his team finish in fourth place. Albert Pujols for MVP.

doublem23
10-31-2005, 10:15 PM

NOV. 8 AL CY Young Award
NOV. 14 AL MVP Award
NOV. 15 NL MVP Award

AL ROY: Huston Street, A's
NL ROY: Willie Taveras, Astros
AL MOY: Ozzie Guillen
NL MOY: Bobby Cox
NL Cy Young: Roger Clemens
AL MVP: Alex Rodriguez
NL MVP: Albert Pujols

TheDarkGundam
10-31-2005, 10:25 PM
Even if the Cubs didn't have Lee, they'd still be in the same place. Ergo, he isn't very valuable

daveeym
11-01-2005, 11:00 AM
Exec of the year?

The Wimperoo
11-01-2005, 11:32 AM
AL ROY: Huston Street, A's
NL ROY: Willie Taveras, Astros
AL MOY: Ozzie Guillen
NL MOY: Bobby Cox
AL Cy Young: Johan Santana
NL Cy Young: Roger Clemens
AL MVP: David Ortiz
NL MVP: Albert Pujols

Fred Manrique
11-01-2005, 11:37 AM

I love Tadahito, but Street deserves the award.

Unregistered
11-01-2005, 12:19 PM
Don't gold gloves come out tomorrow? Maybe A-Row will get one.Not like he needs more bargaining chips, but I wonder if PK deserves one at first base? I've seen him make some ridiculous picks - I can't think of who the competition is, though: Erstad? Olerud? :dunno:

TimoPerez
11-01-2005, 03:39 PM
http://www.nypost.com/sports/yankees/56664.htm

He definitely does not deserve the Gold Glove. Then again, there isn't anyone in the AL that stands out at shortstop. I probably would have given it to Julio Lugo. I don't understand how people see Jeter as a good defensive player.

DenverSock
11-01-2005, 03:47 PM
Not like he needs more bargaining chips, but I wonder if PK deserves one at first base? I've seen him make some ridiculous picks - I can't think of who the competition is, though: Erstad? Olerud? :dunno:

The only two White Sox who have legitimate shots at Gold Gloves are Aaron Rowand and Joe Crede. I'm a big fan of Paulie's and I think he's made some great plays , but I don't think he's Gold Glove material. On the other hand, there are no real standouts at 1B.....

http://www.nypost.com/sports/yankees/56664.htm

He definitely does not deserve the Gold Glove. Then again, there isn't anyone in the AL that stands out at shortstop. I probably would have given it to Julio Lugo. I don't understand how people see Jeter as a good defensive player.

Oh well, Jeter probably was unfairly overlooked in the past..........

Unregistered
11-01-2005, 03:53 PM
The only two White Sox who have legitimate shots at Gold Gloves are Aaron Rowand and Joe Crede. I'm a big fan of Paulie's and I think he's made some great plays , but I don't think he's Gold Glove material. On the other hand, there are no real standouts at 1B.... I just keep remembering the year that Palmiero won after playing all of 35 games at first that year... seems to me he has as good a chance as any other guy out there.

Also, apparently Vernon Wells just won the GG for Center Field - does that mean Aaron is out?

http://www.thestar.com/NASApp/cs/ContentServer?pagename=thestar/Layout/Article_Type1&c=Article&cid=1130854172344&call_pageid=968867503640&col=970081593064&t=TS_Home

maurice
11-01-2005, 03:58 PM
Uribe's defense > Jeter's defense.

The_Floridian
11-01-2005, 04:01 PM
I just keep remembering the year that Palmiero won after playing all of 35 games at first that year... seems to me he has as good a chance as any other guy out there.

Also, apparently Vernon Wells just won the GG for Center Field - does that mean Aaron is out?

http://www.thestar.com/NASApp/cs/ContentServer?pagename=thestar/Layout/Article_Type1&c=Article&cid=1130854172344&call_pageid=968867503640&col=970081593064&t=TS_Home

I'm pretty sure they give them to outfielders in general, and specifically left, center, and right. Correct me if I'm wrong on this, but haven't Hunter and Wells won in the same year?

knocko94
11-01-2005, 04:33 PM
Cabrera from LAALALAA should win the GG over Jeter. Jeter's defense is average at best.

Corlose 15
11-01-2005, 05:11 PM
How in the hell does Torrii Hunter win a gold glove for this year!!!!????:angry::angry::angry::angry:

Plus Chavez at 3B, pfft.

TimoPerez
11-01-2005, 05:47 PM
Uribe's defense > Jeter's defense.

Brain lapse. I would have given it to Juan. No doubt. He deserves it more than Jeter, Cabrera, Lugo, or any other shortstop in the AL.

DenverSock
11-01-2005, 06:00 PM
I just keep remembering the year that Palmiero won after playing all of 35 games at first that year... seems to me he has as good a chance as any other guy out there.

Yes, that means that Rowand is out. You knew that. I'm sorry for Aaron, I honestly thought he deserved a shot at that.

DenverSock
11-01-2005, 06:17 PM
How in the hell does Torrii Hunter win a gold glove for this year!!!!????:angry::angry::angry::angry:

Plus Chavez at 3B, pfft.

With a lot of stupidity from the voters! :whiner::whiner: