PDA

View Full Version : 2006 former Sox fa's

soxfanreggie
10-31-2005, 08:26 PM
Looks like there are 11-12 former White Sox players that are free agents already. Anyone as excited as I am that Rick White, Royce Clayton and Jose Valentin are free agents!

Although, we could seriously take a look at Tom Gordon or Bob Howry for the bullpen. Although after Howry shot his mouth off about the Sox, I'd look at Gordon if he's willing to sign for less that $3.75 mil.

The_Floridian
10-31-2005, 08:32 PM
Looks like there are 11-12 former White Sox players that are free agents already. Anyone as excited as I am that Rick White, Royce Clayton and Jose Valentin are free agents!

Although, we could seriously take a look at Tom Gordon or Bob Howry for the bullpen. Although after Howry shot his mouth off about the Sox, I'd look at Gordon if he's willing to sign for less that $3.75 mil.

Had to reply to a fellow Sarasotan.

I don't thinkw e need Tom Gordon. Our bullpen is pretty much set, and the last thing we need is a 50 year old righty who would be the most expensive guy in our pen (after El Duque, of course). No thanks. Not needed.

Jose Valentin, however, is a whole other matter.

dickallen15
10-31-2005, 08:35 PM
Howry has made a ton of appearances the last 2 seasons, and has been pretty effective. I think those appearances are going to catch up with him, so I would stay away. Regardless of what he alledgedly said about White Sox fans, and those quotes really weren't scandalous. Bobby Howry is a class act.

antitwins13
10-31-2005, 08:38 PM
Howry has made a ton of appearances the last 2 seasons, and has been pretty effective. I think those appearances are going to catch up with him, so I would stay away. Regardless of what he alledgedly said about White Sox fans, and those quotes really weren't scandalous. Bobby Howry is a class act.

Bobby Howry is a class act.

:tealpolice:

Dickie Kerr
10-31-2005, 09:01 PM
Last i saw Rick White, i think he ate Jose Valentin

Huisj
10-31-2005, 09:54 PM
Last i saw Rick White, i think he ate Jose Valentin

who had he eaten during the 2003 season then?

The_Floridian
10-31-2005, 10:00 PM
who had he eaten during the 2003 season then?

:jerry

What? You thought he got FIRED?

bobowhite
10-31-2005, 10:00 PM
I'd love to have Bob Howry back. I think he's got things back together again (and then some.)

Dickie Kerr
10-31-2005, 10:10 PM
:jerry

What? You thought he got FIRED?

:rwhite: RICK STILL HUNGRY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!