PDA

View Full Version : Spilt ticket package questions

The Dude
10-31-2005, 04:54 PM
Are the spilt packages on sale now? I see the Ozzie plan is onsale in November but the split plans dont have a date. I appreciate any help and apologize if this has already been addressed.

Also, another dumb question...but do the split tickets look like the big full season tickets and allow for LD access?

And for a third question, has anyone's ticket refunds for game 5 of ALDS appeared on their accounts as of yet?

Thanks guys:cool:

itsnotrequired
10-31-2005, 06:16 PM
Are the spilt packages on sale now? I see the Ozzie plan is onsale in November but the split plans dont have a date. I appreciate any help and apologize if this has already been addressed.

Also, another dumb question...but do the split tickets look like the big full season tickets and allow for LD access?

And for a third question, has anyone's ticket refunds for game 5 of ALDS appeared on their accounts as of yet?

Thanks guys:cool:

1. Split-season plans go on sale Nov. 1 (TOMORROW!)

2. I spoke with a ticket rep and he said they are in fact the "fancy" tickets just like the full-season purchasers receive. Split-season plans allow full park access.

3. Refund for ALDS appeared on my credit card account a couple weeks ago.

The Dude
10-31-2005, 06:17 PM
3. Refund for ALDS appeared on my credit card account a couple weeks ago.

I did the "put towards a package next season" option so I wonder what the deal is with that.
Thanks so much for the info. I think Chips and I will be getting the DP split plan.

Dan Mega
10-31-2005, 06:17 PM
I found some information on the Ozzie plan on whitesox.com but it was just an email address. I emailed them last week but no reply just yet (I'm sure they're busy). Are there set prices for these? Is there a better place online to check?

Sorry this is the first time I can afford season tickets. College loans are finally paid off :D:

itsnotrequired
10-31-2005, 06:20 PM
I did the "put towards a package next season" option so I wonder what the deal is with that.
Thanks so much for the info. I think Chips and I will be getting the DP split plan.

I went through Ticketmaster for the ALDS so I can't help you there.

Next year will be my first year with season tickets as well. Double-play plan.

The Dude
10-31-2005, 06:24 PM
I went through Ticketmaster for the ALDS so I can't help you there.

Next year will be my first year with season tickets as well. Double-play plan.

Yeah I had the Ozzie plan last year and was able to get the full 3 game sheet for ALDS. For the new UD split guys, are you getting UD Box or premium UD box?

itsnotrequired
10-31-2005, 06:33 PM
Yeah I had the Ozzie plan last year and was able to get the full 3 game sheet for ALDS. For the new UD split guys, are you getting UD Box or premium UD box?

I'm going for regular box, something like row 7-10, first base side, something like section 526-527. I figure the extra $81/seat isn't worth it for only a couple rows closer. Besides, I don't really like sitting in the first 4 rows anyway.

I'm guessing these shouldn't be too hard to get, especially since I'm calling tomorrow.

SouthSide_HitMen
10-31-2005, 08:49 PM
I'm going for regular box, something like row 7-10, first base side, something like section 526-527. I figure the extra $81/seat isn't worth it for only a couple rows closer. Besides, I don't really like sitting in the first 4 rows anyway.

I'm guessing these shouldn't be too hard to get, especially since I'm calling tomorrow.

I just was off with my rep a few minutes ago (they are burning the midnight oil even after the crazy week they had before the World Series).

Most of the Lower Deck Boxes are already gone (109 - 112 & 152 - 155 still available). OF seats still remain and of course Upper Deck seats. He said Premium Upper Deck Boxes are gone. I wanted to relocate either downstairs (but the good box seats are unavailable) or the Premium Upper Deck Boxes but I am happy with moving to Section 526 Row 9 in the middle of the section. They initially put me in Sec 522 Row 6 when they were processing orders during World Series week. I rather be in the infield vs. a few rows down but further down the line.

The rep said he thinks the remaining Lower Deck will be gone before all the 2006 orders are placed so keep this in mind if you do go to many games (say weeknight or weekend) as you may be better off with a partial plan vs. going to the park and getting tickets (which was no problem in the past but appears will be in 2006 (and hopefully beyond)).

My favorite Upper Deck seats are 526 / 527 as you have a clear view of the pitch going over home (for right handed batters which is basically the Chicago White Sox) as well as the fact that you are closer to the field vs. behind home plate and you are in the shade (bad in the Spring, good in the summer). The only bad thing about the upper deck is the fact my record is far better in the lower deck and the playoffs were no exception (5-0 Lower Deck, 0-1 Upper Deck). I think some WSI poster will take that into consideration and offer to give up their two say Sec 125 seats to insure multiple White Sox World Championships. :cool:

The Dude
10-31-2005, 09:14 PM
I just was off with my rep a few minutes ago (they are burning the midnight oil even after the crazy week they had before the World Series).

Most of the Lower Deck Boxes are already gone (109 - 112 & 152 - 155 still available). OF seats still remain and of course Upper Deck seats. He said Premium Upper Deck Boxes are gone. I wanted to relocate either downstairs (but the good box seats are unavailable) or the Premium Upper Deck Boxes but I am happy with moving to Section 526 Row 9 in the middle of the section. They initially put me in Sec 522 Row 6 when they were processing orders during World Series week. I rather be in the infield vs. a few rows down but further down the line.

The rep said he thinks the remaining Lower Deck will be gone before all the 2006 orders are placed so keep this in mind if you do go to many games (say weeknight or weekend) as you may be better off with a partial plan vs. going to the park and getting tickets (which was no problem in the past but appears will be in 2006 (and hopefully beyond)).

My favorite Upper Deck seats are 526 / 527 as you have a clear view of the pitch going over home (for right handed batters which is basically the Chicago White Sox) as well as the fact that you are closer to the field vs. behind home plate and you are in the shade (bad in the Spring, good in the summer). The only bad thing about the upper deck is the fact my record is far better in the lower deck and the playoffs were no exception (5-0 Lower Deck, 0-1 Upper Deck). I think some WSI poster will take that into consideration and offer to give up their two say Sec 125 seats to insure multiple White Sox World Championships. :cool:

Nice to hear about the lower box filled up! I usually didnt sit there anyways because of the $$.

The big downside to all of this is less promo days, i.e. Half price monday, 2 for 1 tuesday, Granton package, teacher nights, etc. I assume that some of these will be eliminated for 2006:(:. But I look forward to the DP plan and hope I can get a decent row in UD box. :D:

itsnotrequired
10-31-2005, 09:19 PM
He said Premium Upper Deck Boxes are gone. I wanted to relocate either downstairs (but the good box seats are unavailable) or the Premium Upper Deck Boxes but I am happy with moving to Section 526 Row 9 in the middle of the section. They initially put me in Sec 522 Row 6 when they were processing orders during World Series week. I rather be in the infield vs. a few rows down but further down the line.

Premium Upper Deck Boxes already gone? Yowzers! I didn't plan on getting those but I guess I'm surprised they are all spoken for already.

I'm with you on 526-527. Excellent views of the field. I too would rather be there and a couple rows back rather than a few rows closer and down the line. 538 and 537 offer similar views along the third base side. I'd rather have 526 and 527 because of the RH batter angle and also because of the way the sun tracks. Lots more sun on the third base side and since we will have a little one with us next season, I don't want to have to deal with too much sun.

I think we can all agree that walk-up tickets will be harder to get next year. This prompted me to go the season ticket route.

itsnotrequired
10-31-2005, 09:21 PM
Most of the Lower Deck Boxes are already gone (109 - 112 & 152 - 155 still available)

Question for the veterans: Would the Sox sell season tickets for all lower box seats if they could or would they reserve some for single game tickets? DOes the same thing apply to Premium Upper Box as well?

SouthSide_HitMen
10-31-2005, 09:25 PM
Upper Deck Boxes already gone? Yowzers! I didn't plan on getting those but I guess I'm surprised they are all spoken for already.

I'm with you on 526-527. Excellent views of the field. I too would rather be there and a couple rows back rather than a few rows closer and down the line. 538 and 537 offer similar views along the third base side. I'd rather have 526 and 527 because of the RH batter angle and also because of the way the sun tracks. Lots more sun on the third base side and since we will have a little one with us next season, I don't want to have to deal with too much sun.

I think we can all agree that walk-up tickets will be harder to get next year. This prompted me to go the season ticket route.

To clarify - The Premium (i.e. Rows 1-6) Upper Deck Boxes are gone (the ones you pay $2 / seat more for). Just in case anyone was confused. Rows 9 - 10 and up are available for many of the sections. I don't know how they reserve blocks of seats for full season tickets vs. partial season tickets and if partial season ticket holders keep their location from year to year or if they switch each season based on what is available. I am sure long time ticket holders will have better information than I have. I just wanted to let you know what my rep said tonight. I hope they get good bonuses based on the hard work they have done this October (and I'm sure November).

As far as the promotions, I don't know if any will be slashed. Maybe they will limit them to the tough to draw months of April and May (weather, school). I think Monday 1/2 price night remains and Tuesday 2 for 1 may or may not stay or may only be in place for part of the season. The White Sox have always had school / teacher promotions and I bet they continue as well.

MISoxfan
10-31-2005, 09:27 PM
I didn't know I could leave the Upper Deck with my Ozzie Plan. I don't think my tickets were any different than normal tickets.

bigsqwert
10-31-2005, 09:31 PM
I understand that split-season ticket holders are entitled to all ALDS home games, 1 ALCS and 1 WS game. Is that the case for full season ticket holders as well?

itsnotrequired
10-31-2005, 09:31 PM
I didn't know I could leave the Upper Deck with my Ozzie Plan. I don't think my tickets were any different than normal tickets.

As far as I know, only the full-season and split-season (27 game) packages allow full park access.

itsnotrequired
10-31-2005, 09:32 PM
I understand that split-season ticket holders are entitled to all ALDS home games, 1 ALCS and 1 WS game. Is that the case for full season ticket holders as well?

Full-season holders are able to get tickets for ALL home playoff games.

chisoxfanatic
10-31-2005, 09:33 PM

No. Full season ticket holders get tickets to all playoff games.

MISoxfan
10-31-2005, 09:33 PM
Ooh I see. Somebody mentioned the Ozzie plan and I just assumed the rest. Oops.

Thanks

chisoxfanatic
10-31-2005, 09:34 PM
I'm gonna purchase 1 lower deck box seat with the Hit & Run plan (Weekday). Would I be able to purchase this tomorrow during my lunch break, or do I have to wait longer?

Vernam
10-31-2005, 09:34 PM
I'm with you on 526-527. Excellent views of the field. I too would rather be there and a couple rows back rather than a few rows closer and down the line. 538 and 537 offer similar views along the third base side. I'd rather have 526 and 527 because of the RH batter angle and also because of the way the sun tracks. Lots more sun on the third base side and since we will have a little one with us next season, I don't want to have to deal with too much sun.In 2004, we had a 42-game package in Sec 119, row 13. Enjoyed those seats, but we dithered on renewing in 2005 and "settled" for Sec 527, row 2. Now I'd never go back. Our whole row just renewed for 2006. I love how nothing gets in our way -- no vendors, no people wandering down the aisle, which was a problem in 119. Watching the trajectory of HR balls to left field from 527 is sweet, too. My missus likes that they're cheaper than the lowers:tongue:.

Vernam

chisoxfanatic
10-31-2005, 09:35 PM
NOTE TO OZZIE PLAN HOLDERS:

You are only entitled to ONE ALDS game instead of the entire series, unlike this past year, due to large demand.

itsnotrequired
10-31-2005, 09:39 PM
In 2004, we had a 42-game package in Sec 119, row 13. Enjoyed those seats, but we dithered on renewing in 2005 and "settled" for Sec 527, row 2. Now I'd never go back. Our whole row just renewed for 2006. I love how nothing gets in our way -- no vendors, no people wandering down the aisle, which was a problem in 119. Watching the trajectory of HR balls to left field from 527 is sweet, too. My missus likes that they're cheaper than the lowers:tongue:.

Vernam

I like that about the upper tank as well, especially in those setions. Even if someone is walking in an aisle, the angles are such that they don't get in the way at all. Seems like the steep steps also keep people from hanging out in the aisles.

I hear ya on the price. Damn near half as much money for upper box vs. lower box. Plus, visiting the LD is always an option on those early-season games when it is not too crowded.

rocky biddle
10-31-2005, 09:51 PM
Does anyone know where I can find a price guide for the Ozzie plan? I know the exact cost will vary depending on what games I pick, but a rough figure would really help. I'm thinking UD around row 7 (or the closest row I can get in that price bracket). I've been very lucky to get offered all the tickets I need in years past, but I'm really afraid this year's tix are gonna be hard to come by; especially opening day. I'm think if I don't get some sort of ticket package, I'll be watching them raise the banner on tv. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks a lot, Tim

Vernam
10-31-2005, 10:01 PM
I like that about the upper tank as well, especially in those setions. Even if someone is walking in an aisle, the angles are such that they don't get in the way at all. Seems like the steep steps also keep people from hanging out in the aisles.

I hear ya on the price. Damn near half as much money for upper box vs. lower box. Plus, visiting the LD is always an option on those early-season games when it is not too crowded.Also, since they added the roof, the UD really reminds me of being at the old park, for some reason. Another plus about our seats is that I can run to the head or concessions when a half-inning ends and get back before the next half starts.

Our row was also a foul-ball magnet, too, though I only got my hands on one, in the last regular-season game. It was a liner by Iguchi that I couldn't handle barehanded. Everybody else gets lollipops, but not me. :D:

Vernam

chisoxmike
10-31-2005, 10:06 PM
NOTE TO OZZIE PLAN HOLDERS:

You are only entitled to ONE ALDS game instead of the entire series, unlike this past year, due to large demand.

Total BS.

HotelWhiteSox
10-31-2005, 10:11 PM
I doubt it, but don't know much about the subject, so, is the Ozzie plan considered a split season ticket plan?

I will probably be going this route, I go to my fair share of games, but usually go individually or on the fly, but I would really like increase my opening day chances.

Hello 3 mill

Palehose13
10-31-2005, 10:16 PM
Does anyone know where I can find a price guide for the Ozzie plan? I know the exact cost will vary depending on what games I pick, but a rough figure would really help. I'm thinking UD around row 7 (or the closest row I can get in that price bracket). I've been very lucky to get offered all the tickets I need in years past, but I'm really afraid this year's tix are gonna be hard to come by; especially opening day. I'm think if I don't get some sort of ticket package, I'll be watching them raise the banner on tv. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks a lot, Tim

Multiply the price of the seat by twelve and then add $13 for the 13th game and that will give you an idea of how much it'll be. You can get parking for $17/game. Last year I had the Ozzie plan and had 2 lower box with parking. It was about a grand.

salty99
10-31-2005, 10:24 PM
Ozzie Plan as e-mailed to me from a ticket rep. Note: I already have a season package.

Available Nov. 1

YOu save $1 per game off your seat. Plans start at $160. Premium seating areas excluded.

Lower Box monday - 16, reg - 32 prime-36 premier 41 cubs 46
lower reserve monday 12, reg-28, prime-32 premier-37 cubs-42
bleachers monday-13.50, reg-27, prime-31, premier-36, cubs-41
upperbox (7-21) rows monday-9 reg-18, prime-22, premier=27. cubs-32
upper reserve monday-7. reg-14, prime-18, premier-23, cubs-28

Opening Day is prime
Premier are Yanks, Red Sox, Cards
Prime are Fri-Sun in june-Sept. and opening day

salty99
10-31-2005, 10:27 PM
Also parking is going to be $18 next year. $14 if you purchase with full or split plans.

For playoffs Ozzie Plan says minimum of 1 ALDS game, split plan says All ALDS, 1 ALCS, 1 WS, and full says all home games

iamkoza
10-31-2005, 10:33 PM
Ozzie Plan as e-mailed to me from a ticket rep. Note: I already have a season package.

Available Nov. 1

YOu save $1 per game off your seat. Plans start at $160. Premium seating areas excluded.

Opening Day is prime

need to sticky this one here... thanks for the info

The Dude
10-31-2005, 10:39 PM
Total BS.

Can you blame them? If we win the division again, they cant possibly fill this huge demand for all the ALDS games to all the Ozzie plan people.
I dont want to take that chance and cant wait to get this DP plan. You should do the same Mike and try to get tix near Chips and I.:D:

chisoxmike
10-31-2005, 10:39 PM

Available Nov. 1

Opening Day is prime

Eh, prices didn't get too jacked up this year. Thanks for the info.

rocky biddle
10-31-2005, 10:40 PM
Thanks for all the help everybody. I'm not sure if you get anything for a referral, but if anyone wants me to drop their name to the ticket rep, I'd be happy to. Just send me a message. I doubt my purchase of the absolute cheapest package will help anyone out though. Just a thought. Thanks again, Tim

chisoxmike
10-31-2005, 10:41 PM
Can you blame them? If we win the division again, they cant possibly fill this huge demand for all the ALDS games to all the Ozzie plan people.
I dont want to take that chance and cant wait to get this DP plan. You should do the same Mike and try to get tix near Chips and I.:D:

I would totally do it, but can't spend all that $$$.:smile: It's not a big deal, people should just be happy they get tickets to the playoffs in general. If they do do back to the playoffs next year, we'll just have to meet up at Puffers again.:D:

ChiSoxGirl
10-31-2005, 10:43 PM
If they do do back to the playoffs next year, we'll just have to meet up at Puffers again.:D:

Sounds like a plan to me; that was a BLAST with you guys! :bandance:

chisoxmike
10-31-2005, 10:45 PM
That Hit & Run plan is looking appetizing!

Chips
10-31-2005, 10:49 PM
I would totally do it, but can't spend all that $$$.:smile: It's not a big deal, people should just be happy they get tickets to the playoffs in general. If they do do back to the playoffs next year, we'll just have to meet up at Puffers again.:D:

Mike, you're a cheap son of a bitch, you don't want to spend money of the scout seats for the World Series, and now this. And you hate Joe Crede.

chisoxmike
10-31-2005, 10:55 PM
Mike, you're a cheap son of a bitch, you don't want to spend money of the scout seats for the World Series, and now this. And you hate Joe Crede.

Hehehe, **** this team. Where's the pick 7 plan when you need it?

SouthSide_HitMen
10-31-2005, 11:01 PM
I didn't realize what a great plan the full or even partial ticket plans are. My Upper Deck seats are over 22% off what it would cost at regular price. Even if I sell or donate a bunch of games (and get a tax deduction) I will still come out ahead.

Even partial plans get 18% off which is a great deal. I remember getting a discount with my weekend plan at the old park but I don't think it was that large (maybe a $1 or $2 off per game though tickets then were $7.50 per ticket for Lower Deck Box ($13.50 inflation adjusted for 2005)!!! When I was a Hawks full season ticket holder (for 13 years) not only did you receive NO discount (I hear they have a 5 or 10% one now) but you have to buy 4 exhibition games to boot (NFL is even worse - 20% of your tickets are exhibition vs. Hockey's 9%).

jabrch
10-31-2005, 11:38 PM
Question for the veterans: Would the Sox sell season tickets for all lower box seats if they could or would they reserve some for single game tickets? DOes the same thing apply to Premium Upper Box as well?

They'd sell every last one of them (aside to the ones they hold back for comps/VIPs/etc. In particular, they'd love to have all the seats in the lower bowl, in the corners, sold out before the season starts. It probably won't happen, but it's a good thought.

jabrch
10-31-2005, 11:41 PM
Does anyone know where I can find a price guide for the Ozzie plan? I know the exact cost will vary depending on what games I pick, but a rough figure would really help. I'm thinking UD around row 7 (or the closest row I can get in that price bracket).

You don't get the same seat to every game - you just request a seating class - and get what they give you. I had lower box, and got put all over from the corners to just past the bases, from the back rows, to the first few rows.

BeefyD
11-01-2005, 12:00 AM
They always gave me great seats to the KC and DET games! :)
Actually, I was very grateful that this past year with the Ozzie plan, we were always in the lower level. Two years ago, I believe it was the 7 game plan(?) we had Uppers for the Cubs and Yanks series.

The Ozzie plan is a wonderful idea for those who can't make it to more than 1 game a week without getting a divorce or needing another 2 grand in babysitting. :cool:

dcb33
11-01-2005, 12:49 AM
My complaint with the 27 game plans is they are incredibly restrictive because you have to select a package that features all weeknight games (Hit and Run) or all weekend games (Double Play). There isn't a plan that mixes and matches the two, and that stinks because I like to pick up games after work as well as tailgate on the weekends. I suppose I could just buy two Ozzie plans, giving me roughly the same number of games and tailor a schedule more to my liking, but that option is less than ideal I'd be plunking down as much (if not more) cash for that as I would for one of the 27 game deals without receiving the same post season ticket guarantee. It'd be great if the Sox offered a Split Season plan with games on assorted Tuesdays, Fridays, and Sundays, for example. Guess I should email Brooks.

itsnotrequired
11-01-2005, 06:18 AM
They'd sell every last one of them (aside to the ones they hold back for comps/VIPs/etc. In particular, they'd love to have all the seats in the lower bowl, in the corners, sold out before the season starts. It probably won't happen, but it's a good thought.

Obviously the team would love to have that locked-in revenue in place before the season starts. I was just wondering if there were any MLB rules or anything which REQUIRE teams to set aside a certain number of seats for single game purchase. What do teams like the Red Sox and Cubs do? Seems like they could get season ticket holders for every seat in their parks yet single game tickets are still available. Is this a choice of the team, a rule of MLB or can they simply not get enough season ticket holders?

steff
11-01-2005, 07:50 AM

We get tickets to every game played.

steff
11-01-2005, 07:52 AM
Total BS.

But of course.. reward those that spend $2K just the same as those that pay $15K. Zzzzzz... :rolleyes:

The Dude
11-01-2005, 09:30 AM
Wow, I've been on hold for almost a half hour now for season tix! They must be busy as hell obviously. I hope I get through before I have class:o:

SouthSide_HitMen
11-01-2005, 09:31 AM
Obviously the team would love to have that locked-in revenue in place before the season starts. I was just wondering if there were any MLB rules or anything which REQUIRE teams to set aside a certain number of seats for single game purchase. What do teams like the Red Sox and Cubs do? Seems like they could get season ticket holders for every seat in their parks yet single game tickets are still available. Is this a choice of the team, a rule of MLB or can they simply not get enough season ticket holders?

Every game must have a certain % of tickets which go on sale to the general public - IIRC at least 10%. It is an Illinois statute and with the number of lawyers on the board they could possibly quote the exact law.

I couldn't find a list of season ticket holders by team.

What I can imagine are the low and high ends are Pittsburgh with 8,500 and San Francisco at 28,271. Anyone with a definative list pleas link.

First Day ticket sales before 2005 include record numbers by the NY Mets (138,000) and Breweres (36,000) or the equivalent of 1,700 and 445 season tickets.

sox1970
11-01-2005, 09:42 AM
Wow, I've been on hold for almost a half hour now for season tix! They must be busy as hell obviously. I hope I get through before I have class:o:

I've been on hold for 30 minutes, and quite frankly I'm tired of hearing Rooney and Farmer call the same 10 plays over and over.

The Dude
11-01-2005, 09:48 AM
I've been on hold for 30 minutes, and quite frankly I'm tired of hearing Rooney and Farmer call the same 10 plays over and over.

HAHA, I never thought I'd say that as well! This is killing my cell minutes....50 minutes now.:mad:

Rocky Soprano
11-01-2005, 09:58 AM
What kind of deposit must we put down for split season tickets?

whitesoxwilkes
11-01-2005, 09:59 AM
What kind of deposit must we put down for split season tickets?

10% down.

Then you pay the balance off in 2 installments.

Rocky Soprano
11-01-2005, 10:00 AM
10% down.

Then you pay the balance off in 2 installments.

Thanks!

sox1970
11-01-2005, 10:01 AM
HAHA, I never thought I'd say that as well! This is killing my cell minutes....50 minutes now.:mad:

Reply to this post when you get through so I'll have an idea how long this will take. Thanks.

P.S. This place is electric!!

itsnotrequired
11-01-2005, 10:02 AM
Man, they must be swamped or have some type of technical problems. I can't get through on the main number and my e-mails to the ticket rep I have been speaking with are getting bounced back.:(:

Sad
11-01-2005, 10:03 AM
I'm waiting for the Ozzie plan myself but I don't even see where today's split season plans are listed anywhere on the website let alone when Ozzie plans are available...

rocky biddle
11-01-2005, 10:16 AM
I finally got through about 10 minutes ago. The operator told me the wait would be at least 30-40 mintues. I'm guessing it's gonna be a lot longer than that. This place is up for grabs!!!

itsnotrequired
11-01-2005, 10:18 AM
I finally got through about 10 minutes ago. The operator told me the wait would be at least 30-40 mintues. I'm guessing it's gonna be a lot longer than that. This place is up for grabs!!!

I just finally got through to the main number. Time for a long wait...

The Dude
11-01-2005, 10:21 AM
1 hour, 20 minutes!!!!! I have class at 11. This is Bull****:angry:

"This is one of the fastest games i've ever seen!"

itsnotrequired
11-01-2005, 10:24 AM
1 hour, 20 minutes!!!!! I have class at 11. This is Bull****:angry:

"This is one of the fastest games i've ever seen!"

:o:

I have a meeting at 11:30. Man, I hope some people drop out of the hold line (sorry Dude).

This is insane...

sox1970
11-01-2005, 10:26 AM
:o:

I have a meeting at 11:30. Man, I hope some people drop out of the hold line (sorry Dude).

This is insane...

I better be able to order an Ozzie Plan when I get through.

SoxFan78
11-01-2005, 10:31 AM
55 min. for me

itsnotrequired
11-01-2005, 10:32 AM
55 min. for me

Jeez, they aren't even announcing when I will get through.

I'm starting to get nervous...

SoxFan78
11-01-2005, 10:33 AM
Jeez, they aren't even announcing when I will get through.

I'm starting to get nervous...

I meant Ive been on hold for that long. And all I have is a question. This is nuts.

Now, at the 1 hour mark, I got bumped to the main message screen, then into the waiting room again.

itsnotrequired
11-01-2005, 10:37 AM
I meant Ive been on hold for that long. And all I have is a question. This is nuts.

I was on hold for about 20 minutes and then got a message saying that "extension 5330 is not available - stay on the line for assistance".

It has now been ringing for three minutes with no one picking up...:angry:

rocky biddle
11-01-2005, 10:38 AM
I waited 40 mintues and then a message came on saying that my extension was no longer available and it hung up on me. Un-****ing-believable. Now what do I do?

The Dude
11-01-2005, 10:40 AM
SPLIT SEASON TICKETS ARENT ON SALE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ONLY FULL SEASON TICKETS!!!!!!

****!!!! I wasted almost 100 cell minutes for that.:angry::angry::angry::angry:

sox1970
11-01-2005, 10:42 AM
I better be able to order an Ozzie Plan when I get through.

If you're on hold to get an Ozzie Plan, hang up. I was on hold for 1:20, and was told that the 13 game Ozzie Plan goes on sale late November/early December. it would have been nice if they made it clear on their website, or yesterday when I called.

Tekijawa
11-01-2005, 10:42 AM
So wait... Are the 27 game packages on sale yet or what? My guy hasn't said anything to me about that.

The Dude
11-01-2005, 10:44 AM
So wait... Are the 27 game packages on sale yet or what? My guy hasn't said anything to me about that.

Only 81 game packages are on sale. I cant ****ing believe they couldnt clarify that with a simple line on the website. :angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry:

itsnotrequired
11-01-2005, 10:47 AM
Only 81 game packages are on sale. I cant ****ing believe they couldnt clarify that with a simple line on the website. :angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry:

Well this sucks. I'm glad I only wasted 20 minuites as opposed to 100 minutes. I don't believe it says anywhere on their website that sales start November 1. This is what a rep told me a few weeks ago. I'm trying to send him an e-mail asking what is going on but the keep bouncing back.

Anyone else getting bounceback from their reps?

The Dude
11-01-2005, 10:48 AM
Well this sucks. I'm glad I only wasted 20 minuites as opposed to 100 minutes. I don't believe it says anywhere on their website that sales start November 1. This is what a rep told me a few weeks ago. I'm trying to send him an e-mail asking what is going on but the keep bouncing back.

Anyone else getting bounceback from their reps?

I didnt get **** from my rep. I sent 2 emails the past week and got nothing at all.

Tekijawa
11-01-2005, 10:49 AM

In all fairness the website doesn't say they are on sale today either. It clearly states that they will go one sale in November, but nowhere does it say the first.

sox1970
11-01-2005, 10:51 AM
In all fairness the website doesn't say they are on sale today either. It clearly states that they will go one sale in November, but nowhere does it say the first.

Regardless, they should be more clear on their website of when partial season ticket plans go on sale.

Tekijawa
11-01-2005, 10:51 AM
I didnt get **** from my rep. I sent 2 emails the past week and got nothing at all.

Mine sent me this on Sunday:

Attached you will find a word file that contains the 2006 season ticket information.

The split plans (Hit and Run/Double Play) as well as the Ozzie Plan are NOT on sale yet, but will be soon. The best way to stay updated on when the plans will be on sale is online at whitesox.com. Online will also be the best way to order the Ozzie Plans once they do go on sale.

Please feel free to contact me with any questions you may have regarding the plans.

Tekijawa
11-01-2005, 10:53 AM
Regardless, they should be more clear on their website of when partial season ticket plans go on sale.

IN NOVEMBER... it says... I would imagine that if they went on sale TODAY they would put out a PRESS RELEASE or something... I like to Jump the gun, but lest place the blame where it belongs here!

salty99
11-01-2005, 10:55 AM
A rep sent me the same info, but if you look in the Word attachment it says

*The Ozzie Plan will not be available until November 1st.

SO obviously they changed this date to some unknown future date .

rocky biddle
11-01-2005, 11:06 AM
I'm not blaming anyone, but the operator could've easily told me that only full season packages are currently on sale before putting me on hold. I specifically said "I'd like to speak with a ticket rep. regarding an Ozzie plan." I know they're overworked, but it wouldn't be hard to add one sentence. Plus, how many people do you think are on hold right now jamming up their phone system waiting for something they can't get. One sentence would have cleared all this up.

itsnotrequired
11-01-2005, 11:08 AM

Attached you will find a word file that contains the 2006 season ticket information.

The split plans (Hit and Run/Double Play) as well as the Ozzie Plan are NOT on sale yet, but will be soon. The best way to stay updated on when the plans will be on sale is online at whitesox.com. Online will also be the best way to order the Ozzie Plans once they do go on sale.

Please feel free to contact me with any questions you may have regarding the plans.

Tekijawa: I sent you a PM.

Tekijawa
11-01-2005, 11:14 AM
Tekijawa: I sent you a PM.

Replied

Sad
11-01-2005, 11:42 AM
If you're on hold to get an Ozzie Plan, hang up. I was on hold for 1:20, and was told that the 13 game Ozzie Plan goes on sale late November/early December. it would have been nice if they made it clear on their website, or yesterday when I called.

the website didn't say a damn thing about any plan as of this morning...

Sad
11-01-2005, 11:44 AM
I'm not blaming anyone, but the operator could've easily told me that only full season packages are currently on sale before putting me on hold. I specifically said "I'd like to speak with a ticket rep. regarding an Ozzie plan." I know they're overworked, but it wouldn't be hard to add one sentence. Plus, how many people do you think are on hold right now jamming up their phone system waiting for something they can't get. One sentence would have cleared all this up.

instead of playing Rooney's call over & over, ya'd think the recording would state what's actually on sale today... :rolleyes:

billnahorodny
11-01-2005, 11:45 AM
My complaint with the 27 game plans is they are incredibly restrictive because you have to select a package that features all weeknight games (Hit and Run) or all weekend games (Double Play). There isn't a plan that mixes and matches the two, and that stinks because I like to pick up games after work as well as tailgate on the weekends. I suppose I could just buy two Ozzie plans, giving me roughly the same number of games and tailor a schedule more to my liking, but that option is less than ideal I'd be plunking down as much (if not more) cash for that as I would for one of the 27 game deals without receiving the same post season ticket guarantee. It'd be great if the Sox offered a Split Season plan with games on assorted Tuesdays, Fridays, and Sundays, for example. Guess I should email Brooks.

This was always my complaint as well...sometimes I want to go on the weekends and sometimes on weekdays. This year, I just found someone to split a full season package. The ideal would be three people...that way, you end up with approximately one game per series (which is what I try to make it to each season) with all the full season ticket holder benefits. Obviously, given the expense/time, it's not necessarily that simple.

Sad
11-01-2005, 11:52 AM
This was always my complaint as well...sometimes I want to go on the weekends and sometimes on weekdays. This year, I just found someone to split a full season package. The ideal would be three people...that way, you end up with approximately one game per series (which is what I try to make it to each season) with all the full season ticket holder benefits. Obviously, given the expense/time, it's not necessarily that simple.

I actually emailed Brooks (I know, I know) mentioning this & suggesting something like a "Gamer" plan where you could buy 1 game of each series...

those other 2 plans don't work for me either what with the distance & all... I'll probably end up buying 2 Ozzie plans for 2006, or one & several single games... ain't decided yet...

Palehose13
11-01-2005, 11:57 AM
That Hit & Run plan is looking appetizing!

Mike-

That's what I got, I'm just waiting for the call from my rep about seat location. I'm not going to go to 27 games...probably half of them, but the perks are great and I don't think I'll have a problem selling the rest of my tickets.

Palehose13
11-01-2005, 12:05 PM

Isn't there a "ticket exchange" perk for the 27 game holders? Can Wilkes or anyone else familiar with this plan help me out?

Also, I put down my deposit on a 27 game plan weeks ago. I would imagine that the White Sox are going to give first preference to full holders, then spilt holders, then Ozzie plan holders and possibly based on deposit date or if it is a renewal. If they are only doing full now, I would hope that I would get a call from my rep as soon as they move to the 27 game plans.

steff
11-01-2005, 12:11 PM
Isn't there a "ticket exchange" perk for the 27 game holders? Can Wilkes or anyone else familiar with this plan help me out?

Also, I put down my deposit on a 27 game plan weeks ago. I would imagine that the White Sox are going to give first preference to full holders, then spilt holders, then Ozzie plan holders and possibly based on deposit date or if it is a renewal. If they are only doing full now, I would hope that I would get a call from my rep as soon as they move to the 27 game plans.

There was, and if there are no alterations to the 27 plan (which I heard there were) it should be the same. But best to ask the horse directly.

Why not just pony up for the full season and not have this problem.. :tongue:

Palehose13
11-01-2005, 12:15 PM
Why not just pony up for the full season and not have this problem.. :tongue:

You know that if I didn't live in Milwaukee I would, even if it meant that my credit would be over-extended. Oh wait...the 27 game plan is already going to over-extend it! :o:

bayzbol44
11-01-2005, 12:18 PM
So to summarize this lengthy thread...The Split Season package is NOT on sale yet and no one knows when they will go on sale????

Palehose13
11-01-2005, 12:20 PM
So to summarize this lengthy thread...The Split Season package is NOT on sale yet and no one knows when they will go on sale????

That's a pretty good summary.

I put a deposit down in mid October for the H&R package. I don't think they are accepting deposits anymore, but since I got the discounted SoxFest tickets I assume that they got it. Did anyone else get there deposit in around this time and have you heard from your rep?

steff
11-01-2005, 12:23 PM

December.

bayzbol44
11-01-2005, 12:33 PM
December.

But no one with the White Sox is giving an exact date of when they will go on sale, right?

sox1970
11-01-2005, 12:37 PM
But no one with the White Sox is giving an exact date of when they will go on sale, right?

A young lady named Katie, said the Ozzie Plan will go on sale in late november/early December. No exact date yet. I did email Brooks Boyer to complain a little bit, and he said the website will be updated and made more clear.

steff
11-01-2005, 12:38 PM

I think their main concern is getting the existing holders, upgrading holders, and new full season folks taken care of first.

Sad
11-01-2005, 12:39 PM

nobody knows

split season will be onsale before the Ozzie plan-
Ozzie plan not expected to be onsale 'til December

chisoxmike
11-01-2005, 12:48 PM
But of course.. reward those that spend $2K just the same as those that pay $15K. Zzzzzz... :rolleyes:

I see what you're saying and the logic behind it. The appeal for me last season for getting the Ozzie plan was getting the first round tickets through the plan while being able to afford the plan. It's obvious that they want people to up their plans to Split & Full and rewarding them with postseason tickets. Especially now since they have a club that should be in the postseason next year. The entire ALDS was a nice little perk of getting the Ozzie Plan. I am looking into the hit & run package. We'll see when that goes on sale along with the Ozzie Plan. Since they don't go on sale for a while now, its time to start saving up. I'm a po college student. :D:

bayzbol44
11-01-2005, 12:51 PM
Split Season on sale before Ozzie? I have been reading Ozzie will be on sale on Nov. 1st and have never seen a date published for the Split Season.

Scotty347
11-01-2005, 12:52 PM
You have to think about this logically. Before they are going to sell off seats for split season packages, they must get all the renewals from existing ticketholders (to know what seats are available) and then also to fill all orders for full season tickets. Its bad business to sell the better seats to 27-game holders and then have lesser seats available for full season plans.

Due to the success of the team this year, there has got to be a high demand for full season tickets and they are working on filling that first.

Hang in there, I'm sure they will get it sorted out soon. I bet the biggest holdup is renewals from last year. Their #1 priority has to be keeping the existing ticketholders and then adding to that season ticket base.

Palehose13
11-01-2005, 12:53 PM
I think their main concern is getting the existing holders, upgrading holders, and new full season folks taken care of first.

IMO, that is absolutely what they should be doing. I'm a newbie ST holder and only a partial at that, but it only makes sense to take care of those that spend the most and have been ST holders the longest first.

Scotty347
11-01-2005, 12:54 PM
Split Season on sale before Ozzie? I have been reading Ozzie will be on sale on Nov. 1st and have never seen a date published for the Split Season.

Logically you would sell split season first since these tickets will be in the same seat for the plans, and then you would sell the remaining seats in the Ozzie plan.

You have to give potential season ticket purchasers the better seat locations to make it appealing.

bayzbol44
11-01-2005, 12:57 PM
That makes sense to me. The information on the website must have been outdated. The Ozzie plan was the only one with a date assigned to it. :(:

I am just anxious to give my money to the White Sox. :smile:

Palehose13
11-01-2005, 12:57 PM
You have to think about this logically. Before they are going to sell off seats for split season packages, they must get all the renewals from existing ticketholders (to know what seats are available) and then also to fill all orders for full season tickets. Its bad business to sell the better seats to 27-game holders and then have lesser seats available for full season plans.

Due to the success of the team this year, there has got to be a high demand for full season tickets and they are working on filling that first.

Hang in there, I'm sure they will get it sorted out soon. I bet the biggest holdup is renewals from last year. Their #1 priority has to be keeping the existing ticketholders and then adding to that season ticket base.

Absolutely. That is why I put in my deposit ASAP. I would imagine that this is the order that they are going:

1. Existing full ST holders.
2. Split ST holders upgrading to full
3. New full ST holders
4. Existing Split ST holders
5. Ozzie holders upgrading to Split
6. New Split ST holders
7. Existing Ozzie ST holders
8. New Ozzie ST holders

itsnotrequired
11-01-2005, 01:09 PM
Absolutely. That is why I put in my deposit ASAP. I would imagine that this is the order that they are going:

3. New full ST holders
6. New Split ST holders
8. New Ozzie ST holders

Makes perfect sense.

Does anyone know the dates when holders from last year need to "re-up" by? I imagine there has to be some type of cutoff date such that if you don't renew by then, your tickets are thrown back into the general pool. Judging by the dates that plans other than full go on sale, it must be sometime this month.

Also, do split-season people renewing get the same seats as last year? I'm assuming full-season holders get first dibs on their same seats next year but would a new, full-season holder get preferential treatment over an existing, split-season holder to the point where a split-season person can't get the same seats they had the year before? I'm sure the Sox would rather have the $ associated with the full-season plan but it would suck if someone had the same split-season seats for the last five years and then gets "bumped" by a first time, full-season purchaser.

Crede_Fan
11-01-2005, 03:12 PM

3. New full ST holders
6. New Split ST holders
8. New Ozzie ST holders

Don't forget about the Minnie plan holders from last year, which I think would come in at #8.

kninchicago
11-01-2005, 03:16 PM
I hate the split packages for the same reason dcb33 posted. You have to pick either all weekend games or all weekday games. Why no plan with a mix? I don't want to commit to going every single weekend, nor do I want to only go after work. Why wouldn't they offer a mix split plan?

bayzbol44
11-01-2005, 03:47 PM
I agree, there should be a "mixture" plan. However, I am sure it might be hard to make too many offers.

steff
11-01-2005, 04:13 PM
Makes perfect sense.

Does anyone know the dates when holders from last year need to "re-up" by? I imagine there has to be some type of cutoff date such that if you don't renew by then, your tickets are thrown back into the general pool. Judging by the dates that plans other than full go on sale, it must be sometime this month.

10% due 10/14
40% due 12/1
And remaining balance due by 1/20/06

itsnotrequired
11-01-2005, 04:23 PM
10% due 10/14
40% due 12/1
And remaining balance due by 1/20/06

So any previous season ticket holders who do not put 10% down by October 14 lose their seats, correct?

steff
11-01-2005, 04:26 PM
So any previous season ticket holders who do not put 10% down by October 14 lose their seats, correct?

Eh.. no. They give extensions. And with the option to credit back the account for unplayed playoff games a lot of ticket holders didn't have to put anymore down to secure their seats. I would guess the smaller packages will become avaliable once the 12/1 date passes or soon after that.

SouthSide_HitMen
11-01-2005, 04:59 PM
http://www.wwe-wrestlemania.de/html/images/WM01-01.jpg

"Hulk Hogan come in if you will. What seems to be all the commotion at White Sox Season Ticket Sales Headquarters?"

http://slam.canoe.ca/WrestlingImagesHogan/hogan_nitro.jpg

"Well let me tell you something Mean Gene. Hulkamania is running wild but White Sox Mania is running wilder. A World Champion like me knows that everyone wants to see you, everyone wants a ticket to see the best and the Chicago White Sox are clearly the best team in professional sports.

I've had tens of thousands of screaming Hulkamaniacs running wild but never close to the 1.75 million White Sox Army brought out last Friday. If each one of those people bought a pair of tickets Comiskey Park would be sold for the entire season."

"White Sox mania is truly something we have not seen at this level ever. White Sox ticket reps have been working from 8 am until midnight processing the thousands of ticket requests pouring in via email, phone and internet. What should fans do if they haven't been contacted yet regarding their ticket request?"

http://slam.canoe.ca/WrestlingImagesHogan/hogan_nitro.jpg

"Well Mean Gene, I've been telling my friends they should get together and split a full season ticket package. You'll save at least $400 off the ticket price plus you'll be guaranteed to see all the games including all postseason games."

"Hulk Hogan you are right as always. The Chicago White Sox want to accommodate their millions of fans and are doing the best they can to process the thousands of new orders on top of the over 10,000 existing season tickets. Be patient and a White Sox representative will contact you and fulfill your order allowing you to see the greatest team in professional sports - your Chicago White Sox."

The Dude
11-01-2005, 05:47 PM
Well they sucked me in. I was going to wait for the split plans but decided on a full season plan with Chips.
We're sitting section 518 row 5 seats 1-2.
:cheers: to another World Championship season!:cool:

bayzbol44
11-01-2005, 06:24 PM
Well they sucked me in. I was going to wait for the split plans but decided on a full season plan with Chips.

Wow! And my wife thinks I have no patience.

Taz
11-02-2005, 11:25 AM

At least you are hearing from your rep... I have to call mine multiple times and never get a call back... :(:

No emails either...:mad:

Cat Thief
11-02-2005, 11:40 AM
My boss (Soul_Bat) and I just went in halves on season tickets. Sec 149.

Sweet!

:gulp:

"It's gonna be a good summer"

Jimmy Conway

Palehose13
11-02-2005, 12:04 PM
I just got a voicemail from my ticket rep about seat locations. I'm on hold as I type...not sure that I am going to get to eat lunch today. However, FYI the reps are starting to work on the split ticket holders.

edit: Finally got through. Palehose13 will be in section 151, row 1, seats 5 and 6 for the Hit and Run Plan during the 2006 season. :D:

Tekijawa
11-02-2005, 12:18 PM
Finally got through. Palehose13 will be in section 151, row 1, seats 5 and 6 for the Hit and Run Plan during the 2006 season. :D:

Congrats, and NICE SEATS!!! I had an Ozzie plan this year and I'm waiting to hear back from my rep on when I can put my deposit down for a Double Play plan... Hope my friends and I are as lucky as you are!

P.S.

I always go Aisle 151 for batting practice because that is where all the Ground Balls end up. I've gone down there 3 times and picked up 3 balls with in a matter of 5 minutes, You'll have a good time there!

Palehose13
11-02-2005, 12:23 PM
Congrats, and NICE SEATS!!! I had an Ozzie plan this year and I'm waiting to hear back from my rep on when I can put my deposit down for a Double Play plan... Hope my friends and I are as lucky as you are!

P.S.

I always go Aisle 151 for batting practice because that is where all the Ground Balls end up. I've gone down there 3 times and picked up 3 balls with in a matter of 5 minutes, You'll have a good time there!

I was asked what side of the field I wanted, and I said 3B side. Seats started in Sec 149, row 17 and 150 started with row 15. I like to be close to the field, so I went with 151 row 1 (which is actually row 4 because of rows AA, BB, and CC.)

I had to put 50% down today and I will be sent an invoice and the rest of it is due in January.

steff
11-02-2005, 12:26 PM
I was asked what side of the field I wanted, and I said 3B side. Seats started in Sec 149, row 17 and 150 started with row 15. I like to be close to the field, so I went with 151 row 1 (which is actually row 4 because of rows AA, BB, and CC.)

I had to put 50% down today and I will be sent an invoice and the rest of it is due in January.

Liar.. you just wanted to be closer to Scott. :wink:

And I'm telling Aaron.. :tongue:

Palehose13
11-02-2005, 12:31 PM
Liar.. you just wanted to be closer to Scott. :wink:

And I'm telling Aaron.. :tongue:

Well being close to Scott AND getting to see Aaron trot on and off the field are both HUGE benefits. :cool:

Sad
11-02-2005, 12:47 PM

well, season ticket base definitely increased...
last year my Ozzie seats were in 145/119... now 27-game split season plans start in 149...

guess that's to be expected when ya win it all...

I'm thinking I'll be targeting LD reserved this year if I'm already that far down the line...

Palehose13
11-02-2005, 12:52 PM
well, season ticket base definitely increased...
last year my Ozzie seats were in 145/119... now 27-game split season plans start in 149...

guess that's to be expected when ya win it all...

I'm thinking I'll be targeting LD reserved this year if I'm already that far down the line...

My preference is to be along the foul lines. I know a lot of people like sitting in the outfield, but I absolutely hate watching games from behind the outfield. I kinda wish I didn't cause then the seats would be a little cheaper. :wink:

nevr say dye sox
11-02-2005, 01:12 PM
I BOUGHT SEASON TICKETS FOR THE FIRST TIME THIS YEAR SO I COULD GET WORLD SERIES TICKETS. I'M IN SEC 113 ROW 25 SEATS 8 AND 9. NEVER SAT HERE BEFORE ANYBODY KNOW IF THEY ARE OK. THEY WERE THE BEST SEATS AVAILABLE AT THE TIME. ALSO, I DOUBT LAST YEAR TICKET HOLDERS WON'T RENEW, BUT IF THEY DO IS THERE A CHANCE TO UPGRADE?:gulp:

Sad
11-02-2005, 01:16 PM
My preference is to be along the foul lines. I know a lot of people like sitting in the outfield, but I absolutely hate watching games from behind the outfield. I kinda wish I didn't cause then the seats would be a little cheaper. :wink:

that's cool

I'm sure alot of people share your feelings...
myself, I don't like sitting that far down the lines with my head turned one way all game

I never thought I liked the OF either 'til I sat out there a few times this summer, as I usually sit near the bases... obviously, that's not looking too promising for 2006.

guess I have time to decide what seats to order...

bayzbol44
11-02-2005, 01:22 PM
Why isn't the website updated? Under Split Season, I do not see anything that says, "packages not available yet".

Deuce
11-02-2005, 01:25 PM
I BOUGHT SEASON TICKETS FOR THE FIRST TIME THIS YEAR SO I COULD GET WORLD SERIES TICKETS. I'M IN SEC 113 ROW 25 SEATS 8 AND 9. NEVER SAT HERE BEFORE ANYBODY KNOW IF THEY ARE OK. THEY WERE THE BEST SEATS AVAILABLE AT THE TIME. ALSO, I DOUBT LAST YEAR TICKET HOLDERS WON'T RENEW, BUT IF THEY DO IS THERE A CHANCE TO UPGRADE? :gulp:

Step 1: Turn off your Caps Lock.

Step 2: Break off the Caps Lock key (as illustrated).

http://www.goodexperience.com/broken/i/04/02/capslock-s.jpg

Step 3: Continue posting.

:redneck

Deuce

itsnotrequired
11-02-2005, 01:28 PM

Consider me sucked in as well. Just got off the phone with my rep. Section 520, row 5, seats 1-2.:bandance:

If anyone is looking to get through, you need to call the reps directly. Leaving a voice mail isn't an option right now. Due to the volume of calls, they have disabled the voice mail system. It was getting to the point that the mailboxes would fill, they would take down the messages, clear the mailboxes and they would be already full again! Yikes!

I also asked about how sales were going. My rep estimated that they have filled 4,000 new full-season orders already. 4,000! Throw in the 11,000 renewing holders and we're talking about nearly half the park already sold out!:o:

This was just his estimate so who knows how accurate it is. Still, there can be no denying that sales are waaaaay up when compared to last year. If anyone out there is debating a full-season plan, you may want to consider it a bit harder. These tickets are moving insanely fast.

nevr say dye sox
11-02-2005, 01:29 PM
Hey Deuce thanks for the help...Great insight on where my seats are next year!

itsnotrequired
11-02-2005, 01:37 PM

http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/cws/images/ballpark/y2005/seating_pricing/seating_chart-b_2005.gif

Row 25 is pretty far back in the section (something like 30 rows in 113). Seats 8 and 9 will more or less be in the middle of the row.

Deuce
11-02-2005, 01:40 PM

No prob. By the way, you can go to the following link and get a "from the seats" view of where you ae sitting. Just click the section you are in.

Link to Stadium View (http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/cws/ballpark/y2005/seating_pricing/index.jsp)

Deuce

SouthSide_HitMen
11-02-2005, 01:45 PM
http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/cws/images/ballpark/y2005/seating_pricing/seating_chart-b_2005.gif

Row 25 is pretty far back in the section (something like 30 rows in 113). Seats 8 and 9 will more or less be in the middle of the row.

Actually when you are further down the OF lines I like to be further up because you have a better sightline of the infield.

I considered getting the lower box seats down the line but bought the upper deck box because they had good infield seats available.

There are pros and cons about trying to sell / give away the upper deck seats but I think it will be less of a problem next season and $40 or so for a pair of infield upper deck box seats is a price the casual fan will not mind plopping down though I do admit the lower deck is where most of the people want to be - even down the line in the OF.

I was just past the "Golden Boxes" at the old park in the 3rd row and I did like the seats. Face it - anywhere outside of behind a poll or right next to the fan deck (obstructed) or in the upper deck OF corners are pretty good seats - much better than the thousands of mezzanine seats at Wrigley where you have no clue where a fly ball is going without looking at the 20 year old 19 inch TVs.

nevr say dye sox
11-02-2005, 01:45 PM
Thanks itsnotrequired i've seen this on the White Sox website and actully clicked on the 113 section to see the field view. It hard to tell from that. I was just wondering if anybody has sat there before, or could tell me if the seats are pretty decent. Also was just tring to see if anybody on the site is sitting near me for next year!

Sad
11-02-2005, 01:48 PM
I considered getting the lower box seats down the line but bought the upper deck box because they had good infield seats available.

:?:

113 is down the line and lower deck
upper deck box is infield, upstairs & not down the line...

SouthSide_HitMen
11-02-2005, 01:51 PM
Thanks itsnotrequired i've seen this on the White Sox website and actully clicked on the 113 section to see the field view. It hard to tell from that. I was just wondering if anybody has sat there before, or could tell me if the seats are pretty decent. Also was just tring to see if anybody on the site is sitting near me for next year!

I had Sec 113 Row 1 (the fourth row behind AA - CC) for a playoff game. You are right on the OF. You will be turning to your left to watch the game and since you are lower physically plays along the 3rd base side were hard to see (i.e. I was at the game where Rowand was gunned at home after his double and throw to 3rd which got away and it was tough to tell the play at the plate).

The seats further up in the section (Rows 10 or 15 - 20 - 25) would probably give you a better angle of what was going on in the infield. The only draw back to being down the line are the seats are not angled towards viewing home plate unless you are in the corners meaning your seats are facing RF / CF so you will be turning the whole game to watch it.

:?:

113 is down the line and lower deck
upper deck box is infield, upstairs & not down the line...

Exactly - I don't understand the confusion. My options were Lower Deck Box down the RF / LF lines or infield Upper Deck Box seats and I selected the infield UD seats based on the fact I rather be around the infield and the tickets were close to 1/2 the price yet I still received the same $405 / seat discount per game.

Sad
11-02-2005, 01:53 PM
Why isn't the website updated? Under Split Season, I do not see anything that says, "packages not available yet".

I don't see anything listed at all about any plans? :?:

seems like a week or so ago there was a breakdown of what days hit & run were on
and a brief summary of the Ozzie plan...

now:

"Poof"
They Gone

Tekijawa
11-02-2005, 01:58 PM
I don't see anything listed at all about any plans? :?:

seems like a week or so ago there was a breakdown of what days hit & run were on
and a brief summary of the Ozzie plan...

now:

"Poof"
They Gone

http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/cws/ticketing/plans/split_plans.jsp

Sad
11-02-2005, 02:03 PM
http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/cws/ticketing/plans/split_plans.jsp

thanks
couldn't seem to find the link on the site for whatever reason

CHIsoxNation
11-02-2005, 02:13 PM
This is nuts...I inquired about tickets about two weeks ago. My friend and I are looking to go in on some Split Season tickets. I got an automated email saying the would get back to me within the next 24 hours and they never did.

I have tried calling them and emailing them numerous times in the past week. I know they are really busy, so I'm trying to be as patient as I can. This is my first year out of college and I finally have money for season tickets so I'm hoping some good seats are still available.

I read on this thread that the final payment needs to be in by January...does that go for anyone purchasing split tickets for the first time or only the people that already had tickets last year. This is all so confusing, it will be worth it in the end though. :D:

Palehose13
11-02-2005, 02:15 PM
This is nuts...I inquired about tickets about two weeks ago. My friend and I are looking to go in on some Split Season tickets. I got an automated email saying the would get back to me within the next 24 hours and they never did.

I have tried calling them and emailing them numerous times in the past week. I know they are really busy, so I'm trying to be as patient as I can. This is my first year out of college and I finally have money for season tickets so I'm hoping some good seats are still available.

I read on this thread that the final payment needs to be in by January...does that go for anyone purchasing split tickets for the first time or only the people that already had tickets last year. This is all so confusing, it will be worth it in the end though. :D:

I believe that the reps are working with people who had ST last year and are renewing or upgrading first adn then will get to new season ticket holders. Hang in there...I don't think the White Sox will not want to take your money. :wink:

CHIsoxNation
11-02-2005, 02:22 PM
I believe that the reps are working with people who had ST last year and are renewing or upgrading first adn then will get to new season ticket holders. Hang in there...I don't think the White Sox will not want to take your money. :wink:

Thanks, I'm just really excited. I was able to make it to two playoff games this year by luck. I would love to not have to worry about that next year.

bayzbol44
11-02-2005, 02:59 PM
Again, if the website would just be updated with some type of message, that would be great. Then some of us ST wannabees would take a chill pill.:angry:

Palehose13
11-02-2005, 03:07 PM
Again, if the website would just be updated with some type of message, that would be great. Then some of us ST wannabees would take a chill pill.:angry:

You keep stating that, but no one here has any control over the whitesox official web site.

itsnotrequired
11-02-2005, 03:11 PM
You keep stating that, but no one here has any control over the whitesox official web site.

E-mail Brooks. Teal?

I'm still amazed that my rep estimated that 15,000 full-season tickets have already been sold. This season is looking to be crazy...

Palehose13
11-02-2005, 03:14 PM
E-mail Brooks. Teal?

I'm still amazed that my rep estimated that 15,000 full-season tickets have already been sold. This season is looking to be crazy...

Win and we will come. :cool:

itsnotrequired
11-02-2005, 03:21 PM
Win and we will come. :cool:

Indeed. I estimated yesterday that the Sox would sell no more than 14,000 full-season packages. Man, was I off...but in a good way.

bayzbol44
11-03-2005, 08:14 AM
I got an email from a rep today that said the split season packages might go on sale today.:smile:

itsnotrequired
11-03-2005, 08:46 AM
I got an email from a rep today that said the split season packages might go on sale today.:smile:

They are already taking orders for split-season but I believe it is only for those renewing from last year or for people who put a deposit down before the WS.

Crede_Fan
11-03-2005, 09:22 AM
They've updated the website.

2006 Season Tickets
http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/cws/images/ticketing/y2005/postseason/alcs_logo_88x71.gif White Sox 2006 Season Tickets are available on-line now! (http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/cws/ticketing/plans/zone.jsp)

Split-season ticket plans (http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/cws/ticketing/plans/split_plans.jsp) will be available in mid November, and the 13-Game Ozzie Plans (http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/cws/ticketing/plans/ozzie_plan.jsp) will be available in December.

ewokpelts
11-03-2005, 10:48 AM
They are already taking orders for split-season but I believe it is only for those renewing from last year or for people who put a deposit down before the WS.previous customers that had playoff money returned to thier account need to do nothing...they'll get invoiced soon, since thier seats are locked down already......if you want to go to a full plan, then you need to call them.......i was assured that my partial plan tix are VERY SECURE.
Gene

TomBradley72
11-03-2005, 11:08 AM

I received an email directly from a ticket representative last night saying the 27 game plans go on sale today. After about an hour of being on hold, etc....told that partial plans are NOT available. :angry:

Tekijawa
11-03-2005, 11:13 AM
I received an email directly from a ticket representative last night saying the 27 game plans go on sale today. After about an hour of being on hold, etc....told that partial plans are NOT available. :angry:

I got through and just bought my Partial Season tickets. I told them that I was an Ozzie Ticket holder and that My rep emailed me and said I could order today gave him my name, he pulled up the account I told him I wanted the Double Play weekend Package and I just got my Tickets 159 row 18 seats 1-4. There isn't much available in the lower bowl for groups as big as mine (4 people) so you might want to call back and double check.

dakuda
11-03-2005, 12:44 PM
Purchased Double Play plan in Sec 157, Row 11 seats 15-16 today. Right by the bullpen :)

Good times.

bayzbol44
11-03-2005, 12:55 PM
Purchased Double Play plan in Sec 157, Row 11 seats 17-18 today. Right by the bullpen :)

Good times.

Dakuda, were you a previous owner of partial or Ozzie tickets? I am on hold right now. I was on hold 2 different times this morning but I had to hang up due to meetings.

cbrownson13
11-03-2005, 01:32 PM
When does the Ozzie Plan go on sale via whitesox.com? I'd like to get an idea of price range before I try to pay off these credit cards to pay for it.

chisoxmike
11-03-2005, 01:34 PM
They are doing a real ****y job of this. No information is going out to people. I never got any e-mails, and the web site says nothing. I am thinking about uping my Ozzie plan to a split hit and run package. But I've never recieved any info or a date when I can do so.
***?

Palehose13
11-03-2005, 01:36 PM
They are doing a real ****y job of this. No information is going out to people. I never got any e-mails, and the web site says nothing. I am thinking about uping my Ozzie plan to a split hit and run package. But I've never recieved any info or a date when I can do so.
***?

Did you call or e-mail your ticket rep?

nevr say dye sox
11-03-2005, 01:37 PM
Remember there not use to this kind of demand. This is new for them to have more demand than supply. From the looks of it all Ozzie palns are going to be UD tickets!

chisoxmike
11-03-2005, 01:41 PM
Did you call or e-mail your ticket rep?
All the e-mails bounce back.

bayzbol44
11-03-2005, 01:59 PM
I GOT THE GOLDEN TICKETS!!!

I just got my split-season tickets (brand new season ticket holder)!!!!!!

2 tix in section 103, row 7.

I had to be on hold for over an hour 3 different times, but it is well worth it!!!
:D: :bandance: :bandance: :D:

TomBradley72
11-03-2005, 02:03 PM
I got through and just bought my Partial Season tickets. I told them that I was an Ozzie Ticket holder and that My rep emailed me and said I could order today gave him my name, he pulled up the account I told him I wanted the Double Play weekend Package and I just got my Tickets 159 row 18 seats 1-4. There isn't much available in the lower bowl for groups as big as mine (4 people) so you might want to call back and double check.

Tekijawa....I owe you a beer! :gulp:

Thanks for the heads up....it took over an hour(twice...boss called in the middle of call #1) of waiting on hold....but scored 4 for the "Double Play/Weekend" plan....Section 110/Row 16/Seats 11-14. (I am not a current plan holder....but do have an account from running a few group outings over the past few years).

spiffie
11-03-2005, 02:06 PM
My friend and I were split-season holders last year, but when our rep left late last season we seemed to get lost in the shuffle. We hadn't been contacted to reup or for Soxfest tickets or anything really. So after a few attempts at leaving voice mails and things, I finally decided to hunker down and wait on hold forever. The good news was that finally someone told me "yes, your seats can be renewed for next year." Which is what I wanted to hear. So next year we'll be back in Sec. 101, Row 2, seats 5-6. Hopefully they'll fix seat 6, since I kind of cracked it jumping up and down on it after AJ's walkoff against the Dodgers:redface:

spiffie
11-03-2005, 02:08 PM
***?
Who was your ticket rep? I know a few of them seem to have left, I know for sure mine did (Beth), and the accounts haven't all been redistributed. So you may be like us and just be kind of in no-man's land. Call them and wait wait wait until you get someone on the phone.

MM2112
11-03-2005, 03:05 PM
Im interested in getting a split=season package (Im a first-timer), who would I call or contact?

bayzbol44
11-03-2005, 03:07 PM
312-674-5330. Then, stay on hold for close to an hour.

MM2112
11-03-2005, 03:08 PM
thanks man

rgasser43
11-03-2005, 03:09 PM
Call Joe Junge at 312.674.5339. Just bought my 27 game package earlier today.

Palehose13
11-03-2005, 03:22 PM
For people that had the 27 game plan last year, are the parking passes red or green?

ewokpelts
11-03-2005, 04:02 PM
if you have time, go to the park and ask to see a rep.....have all your questions/concerns ready.....i did that yesterday when i had to hand in some forms

Gene

IUSOXFAN
11-03-2005, 04:42 PM
what are the payment options for the 27 game ticket package? Do you give them a CC over the phone or is sending a check and option.

Deuce
11-03-2005, 04:55 PM
I'm in like Flint. I'll be the guy in rightfield swearing with a beer in one hand and an ice cream sammich in the other every weekend.

Deuce

robiwho
11-03-2005, 05:24 PM
Just got ours in section 110. My brother and I had the Ozzie plan this season and starting nine before that and some of our seats were as close as section 118. It's amazing that 110 is the best available right now. I guess we're not flying under the radar anymore!

The coolest thing about next season is that our dad decided to join us in the ticket plan! We've always gone to several games a year with him outside our ticket plan, but now we've got 27 games to look forward to!

:)

chisoxfan83
11-03-2005, 05:25 PM
For people that had the 27 game plan last year, are the parking passes red or green?

green for the double play package

CaptainBallz
11-03-2005, 06:29 PM
Buckshot!!

MM2112 and I went with the Hit and Run- Sec. 116 Row 25 Seats 3 & 4!

Joy!:gulp:

When's April Start?

bayzbol44
11-03-2005, 06:51 PM
When's April Start?[/QUOTE]
April 1st.

Anyone know if it will be easy to just exchange tix with people who have the weekday package? For instance, I have the weekend package, but I actually want to go to some weekday games and I know of some weekends I can not use mine. Or is it easier just to sell mine?

Palehose13
11-03-2005, 06:54 PM
When's April Start?
April 1st.

Anyone know if it will be easy to just exchange tix with people who have the weekday package? For instance, I have the weekend package, but I actually want to go to some weekday games and I know of some weekends I can not use mine. Or is it easier just to sell mine?[/QUOTE]

It's possible and I may be down with that.

MM2112
11-03-2005, 07:43 PM
Hell yeah!! thanks to rgasser and bayzbol for the info! this is awesome, me and the Captain rocking through the 2006 season (well, half of it)

dakuda
11-03-2005, 08:34 PM
Dakuda, were you a previous owner of partial or Ozzie tickets? I am on hold right now. I was on hold 2 different times this morning but I had to hang up due to meetings.

First time I've ever bought more then single tickets, now that I make enough to where I can spare the initial outlay.

bayzbol44
11-03-2005, 09:28 PM
Thanks Dakuda! I was just wondering because I was trying to figure out if I could buy them today! Glad I could!

Congrats MM2112 and CaptainBallz!!! The Cell will be rockin' in 2006.:bandance: