PDA

View Full Version : I'm HAPPY we traded Wells!!!

HootieMcBoob
12-14-2001, 06:28 PM
Did anyone go to Sox Fest last year??? They had a lot of Sox players go up there and get their picture taken w/ the 2000 Division Champs Flag. They announce Kip Wells' name and he's wearing a SHINY NEON GREEN SHIRT and some RECTANGLE BLACK PLASTIC GLASSES. Me and my friends died laughing when we saw him. We were like "AHHHHH!!! What a wiener!!!!!!!"
He looked like a complete nerd.

Is this a justifiable reason to hate Kip and be happy to see him go???????? I think it is!!!

Plus, Kip was only 20-21 w/ a 5.14 ERA in his career. He was a hyped up phenom that turned out to be average. I really don't think Kip is anything that special.

Here's what Kip said about joining the Bucs:
"I'm excited," said Wells. "Initially everyone from my agent all the way down said that the first time you get traded is always a little shocking because you have been with one team the whole time.

"I'm happy about the opportunity that I am going to have in Pittsburgh and about the guys that are coming over with me. They have a new ballpark and some good young players and some good young veterans that have been around long enough to have established themselves in a short amount of time like [Brian] Giles and [Jason] Kendall have."

Also, Lowe was a stud, sad to see him go, but I'm excited about Ritchie. I think he'll have a lot more success w/ the Sox.

RedPinStripes
12-14-2001, 06:33 PM
:b&b

UUUUUUUHHHHH HUH HUH .......Kip Sucks!

AsInWreck
12-14-2001, 06:36 PM
i agree--no room for shiny green shirt wearers on this team! I'm guessing Ritchie is more in to flat colors and should fit right in.

CLR01
12-14-2001, 06:37 PM
Originally posted by HootieMcBoob
Did anyone go to Sox Fest last year??? They had a lot of Sox players go up there and get their picture taken w/ the 2000 Division Champs Flag. They announce Kip Wells' name and he's wearing a SHINY NEON GREEN SHIRT and some RECTANGLE BLACK PLASTIC GLASSES. Me and my friends died laughing when we saw him. We were like "AHHHHH!!! What a wiener!!!!!!!"
He looked like a complete nerd..

Im sure that complete nerd has dated some very fine women though.

OfficerKarkovice
12-14-2001, 06:37 PM
Originally posted by RedPinStripes

LOL!

RedPinStripes
12-14-2001, 06:38 PM
Originally posted by CLR01

Im sure that complete nerd has dated some very fine women though.

I saw Kip's girlfriend over the summer at a game. She IS A HOTTIE!

bjmarte
12-14-2001, 06:44 PM

I saw Kip's girlfriend over the summer at a game. She IS A HOTTIE!

Kip has a girlfriend? He never struck me as the type who liked girls. :o:

RedPinStripes
12-14-2001, 06:46 PM
Originally posted by bjmarte

Kip has a girlfriend? He never struck me as the type who liked girls. :o:

Me either, but if you're a pro ball player, you can get a pretty good front i guess. lol

MarqSox
12-14-2001, 07:14 PM
At least he had some personality. Sort of.

PaleHoseGeorge
12-14-2001, 07:39 PM

Good one, Red, digging out the ol' Beavis and Butthead graphic. There are so many tags, I can't keep track of them anymore.

Whose job is it to organize those things, anyway? :smile:

MikeKreevich
12-14-2001, 07:45 PM

Is this a justifiable reason to hate Kip and be happy to see him go???????? I think it is!!!

Plus, Kip was only 20-21 w/ a 5.14 ERA in his career. He was a hyped up phenom that turned out to be average. I really don't think Kip is anything that special.

"I'm excited," said Wells. "Initially everyone from my agent all the way down said that the first time you get traded is always a little shocking because you have been with one team the whole time.

"I'm happy about the opportunity that I am going to have in Pittsburgh and about the guys that are coming over with me. They have a new ballpark and some good young players and some good young veterans that have been around long enough to have established themselves in a short amount of time like [Brian] Giles and [Jason] Kendall have."

Also, Lowe was a stud, sad to see him go, but I'm excited about Ritchie. I think he'll have a lot more success w/ the Sox. :kipper
You forgot to mention he looks like Opie Taylor.

RedPinStripes
12-14-2001, 07:47 PM
Originally posted by PaleHoseGeorge

Good one, Red, digging out the ol' Beavis and Butthead graphic. There are so many tags, I can't keep track of them anymore.

Whose job is it to organize those things, anyway? :smile:

I knew there would be use out of that one eventually . :cool:

Bmr31
12-14-2001, 08:00 PM

Also, Lowe was a stud, sad to see him go, but I'm excited about Ritchie. I think he'll have a lot more success w/ the Sox.

Did we forget to take our medication this morning?

AsInWreck
12-14-2001, 08:17 PM
Originally posted by Bmr31

Did we forget to take our medication this morning?

I know I didn't!!!

HootieMcBoob
12-14-2001, 11:35 PM
Why is it Bmr's PERSONAL DUTY to disagree w/ everyone on everything. He is so argumentative and sarcastic. I's not just this thread, it's every one. Why are you so negative and pessimistic about everything?

And I didn't say this just b/c you replied like that on this thread, but you're a grouch on every thread. What's the deal, man???

Daver
12-15-2001, 12:42 AM
Why is it Bmr's PERSONAL DUTY to disagree w/ everyone on everything. He is so argumentative and sarcastic. I's not just this thread, it's every one. Why are you so negative and pessimistic about everything?

And I didn't say this just b/c you replied like that on this thread, but you're a grouch on every thread. What's the deal, man???

Bmr's mission in life is to prove that everyone except him is wrong.

Bmr31
12-15-2001, 01:32 AM

LOL. Negative is putting a guy down for how he looks. Kip wells is obviously more successful than you, and yet you make fun of him? Thats sad. A grouch? negative? Me? now THATS funny, lol. im probably one of the most positive, happy human being you will ever run across...

LongDistanceFan
12-15-2001, 01:36 AM

LOL. Negative is putting a guy down for how he looks. Kip wells is obviously more successful than you, and yet you make fun of him? Thats sad. A grouch? negative? Me? now THATS funny, lol. im probably one of the most positive, happy human being you will ever run across... ahh but you have to agree about the duality of your personality......... which you enjoy.

Bmr31
12-15-2001, 01:38 AM
Originally posted by LongDistanceFan
ahh but you have to agree about the duality of your personality......... which you enjoy.

duality? Sure. If pointing out jealousy is negative, than i guess in some cases i am...

LongDistanceFan
12-15-2001, 01:42 AM

duality? Sure. If pointing out jealousy is negative, than i guess in some cases i am... jealously????????? pls explain

Bmr31
12-15-2001, 01:44 AM
jealously????????? pls explain

making fun of kip wells is deep rooted jealousy of his success. Being mad at arod, for the money he makes is jealousy. Saying the yankees are bad for baseball is jealousy. THose are 3 examples i can think of...

LongDistanceFan
12-15-2001, 01:47 AM

making fun of kip wells is deep rooted jealousy of his success. Being mad at arod, for the money he makes is jealousy. Saying the yankees are bad for baseball is jealousy. THose are 3 examples i can think of... oh........ ok, since i missed most of the post at the time, i have nothing else to say on this matter.

i was meaning that you sometimes love to play the devils advocate and by you own words, never accept when you are proven wrong, at least in that person opinion.

Bmr31
12-15-2001, 01:49 AM
oh........ ok, since i missed most of the post at the time, i have nothing else to say on this matter.

i was meaning that you sometimes love to play the devils advocate and by you own words, never accept when you are proven wrong, at least in that person opinion.

ive admitted i was wrong several times on this board. You are right about one thing, i wont back off when i know im right. Do i sometimes say things that i know will start a debate? Sure.

LongDistanceFan
12-15-2001, 01:51 AM

ive admitted i was wrong several times on this board. You are right about one thing, i wont back off when i know im right. Do i sometimes say things that i know will start a debate? Sure. and i sometimes enjoy it.......... i get a great laugh.

FarWestChicago
12-15-2001, 01:51 AM

making fun of kip wells is deep rooted jealousy of his success. Being mad at arod, for the money he makes is jealousy. Saying the yankees are bad for baseball is jealousy. THose are 3 examples i can think of... This is quite a leap. I make fun of all sorts of people of whom I am not jealous.

Bmr31
12-15-2001, 01:52 AM
and i sometimes enjoy it.......... i get a great laugh.

i know that. When i post, it can become interesting. Thats my whole reason for saying some things i say....

Bmr31
12-15-2001, 01:53 AM
Originally posted by FarWestChicago
This is quite a leap. I make fun of all sorts of people of whom I am not jealous.

why is that? I see no reason to make fun of a person.

FarWestChicago
12-15-2001, 01:55 AM

why is that? I see no reason to make fun of a person. I always go for the joke. That's just the way I am. On the other hand, I see no reason to abuse people on message boards. We are just different. :smile:

WinningUgly!
12-15-2001, 02:16 AM

Bmr negative? No way! He's the most positive guy on this board...he's positive that everybody else is wrong. :D:

LongDistanceFan
12-15-2001, 02:18 AM
Originally posted by WinningUgly!

Bmr negative? No way! He's the most positive guy on this board...he's positive that everybody else is wrong. :D: and i am sure you are going to say the most sensitive person as well.......... :D:

Bmr31
12-15-2001, 03:16 AM
Originally posted by WinningUgly!

Bmr negative? No way! He's the most positive guy on this board...he's positive that everybody else is wrong. :D:

When have i ever said you were wrong?

ihatethecubs
12-15-2001, 03:36 AM
i was there and i saw him in his gay shiny shirt and i made fun of him too. anyone in a shiny green shirt is a dork and i will laugh at them just for the fact that shiny green shirts look really stupid. and we also made fun of sirotka the year before at sox fest cuz he looked like a total dork with his highlights in his hair and his stupid coat he was wearing. i like anyone when they are in their sox unifoprm but when they look like backstreet boys i cant help but laugh.

WinningUgly!
12-15-2001, 03:46 AM

When have i ever said you were wrong?
......Relax, I was just kidding! :D: :D: :D: :D: :D: :D:

Spiff
12-15-2001, 01:18 PM

why is that? I see no reason to make fun of a person.

haha what do you have short-term memory loss or something?

you always berate people for saying something different than you.

in this thread alone you aked hootie if he took his medication. isn't that making fun of him?