PDA

View Full Version : New guy alert.

seventytwo
12-14-2001, 05:45 PM
Just found this board and wanted to say hello. I've been a Sox fan for 20 years and look forward to interacting with other fans of the Beloved.

To make this baseball related (and possible make me instantly unpopular) I'm in favor of the Ritchie trade. Any guy with a career record over .500 while pitching for the Pirates sounds pretty solid to me. Also, keep in mind that his ERA may have been inflated due to the joke of a ballpark in Pittsburgh. You may have noticed it is Enron-esque.

CerberusWG
12-14-2001, 05:48 PM
Welcome to WSI, seventytwo! Don't worry, most of us always are in favor of hearing other's opinions. And on the Ritchie trade, I'm with you, looks to be a great trade! Enjoy your stay at WSI, I know you'll love it!

FarWestChicago
12-14-2001, 05:48 PM
Welcome to WSI!! :gulp: Don't let anybody intimidate you. If you like the Ritchie trade you have every right to say so.

CLR01
12-14-2001, 05:52 PM
Originally posted by FarWestChicago
Welcome to WSI!! :gulp: Don't let anybody intimidate you. If you like the Ritchie trade you have every right to say so.

Well i dont know about anywone. We do have rules here at WSI.

Welcome aboard though. :)

"Yeah dont forget about the rules."

:slowswing

RedPinStripes
12-14-2001, 05:54 PM
Originally posted by seventytwo
Just found this board and wanted to say hello. I've been a Sox fan for 20 years and look forward to interacting with other fans of the Beloved.

To make this baseball related (and possible make me instantly unpopular) I'm in favor of the Ritchie trade. Any guy with a career record over .500 while pitching for the Pirates sounds pretty solid to me. Also, keep in mind that his ERA may have been inflated due to the joke of a ballpark in Pittsburgh. You may have noticed it is Enron-esque.

We'll get along just fine. Welcome! Most are in favor of Ritchie, we went round and round about that yesterday. :D:

Daver
12-14-2001, 05:55 PM
Originally posted by CLR01

The first rule should be the Sox trading Singleton for a ballgirl to be named later.

:)

CLR01
12-14-2001, 05:56 PM
Originally posted by daver

The first rule should be the Sox trading Singleton for a ballgirl to be named later.

:)

Dont listen to Daver, he doesnt know anything. :cool:

RedPinStripes
12-14-2001, 05:58 PM

"Do those rules have my name in them anywhere?"

AsInWreck
12-14-2001, 06:18 PM

Dont listen to Daver, he doesnt know anything. :cool:

How come no one told me that?

Daver
12-14-2001, 06:22 PM
Originally posted by AsInWreck

How come no one told me that?

He just did.

But then again what the hell do I know?

MikeKreevich
12-14-2001, 07:57 PM
Welcome seventy- two. I'll bet you can get your hands on some good steaks. Start posting. You've got some catching up to do.

GASHWOUND
12-15-2001, 12:11 PM
Originally posted by seventytwo

Whats up. I'm me and welcome. I'm 60-40 on the Ritchie trade. I think we gave up 1 to many pitchers on that deal. But whats done is done.