PDA

View Full Version : Olmedo Saenz

CredeGoldGlove
10-31-2005, 01:16 AM
Has he been mentioned as someone K dub might go after? I think he'd be a great bench player plus could sub in for Crede when his back was bothering him plus whenever Paulie (assuming we had him) ever needed a break. Heck he could be our full time first basemen for very cheap (im assuming he'd come cheap i couldnt find his salary.) Hes a definite downgrade from Paulie but 15 hr, 63 rbi, 24 doubles and a .340 obp in 109 games aint bad at all. He's pretty old so thats a minus but still how many people did we have on our team hit 24 doubles in 160 games? Not more than 1 or 2 i think

Banix12
10-31-2005, 01:43 AM
First off this belongs in What's the score

Certainly a decent player, wouldn't want to stick him on the field too often since he is a butcher as a defender, especially at third base. That's a reason he has been a bench player throughout his career and I believe it was part of the reason the white sox got rid of him when he was in their farm system.

I think he is probably staying where he is. I have nothing against the guy and if the sox resign Thomas as the DH I probably wouldn't mind him in the Carl Everett role as backup DH. His defensive ablity is very limited though and the way Ozzie likes to fill his bench with versitile players makes me think it wouldn't be a great fit.

As far as his contract status, he earned $650,000 in 2005

ATXBMX
10-31-2005, 03:15 AM
No thanks, next trade thread please...

likeawarlord
10-31-2005, 08:09 AM
No thanks, next trade thread please...

amen.