PDA

View Full Version : Should the Sox play the pre-game montage on TV?

antitwins13
10-30-2005, 05:38 PM
The Chicago Bulls started using their famous player introductions video during their TV broadcasts in the 1990's with the Bull running through Chicago and the announcing of the starting line-up. I wouldn't mind seeing the Sox do the same thing with Thunderstruck next season during our TV broadcasts.

ChiSoxRowand
10-30-2005, 06:01 PM
I think they should. I get chills every time I see that.

Ron Karkovice
10-30-2005, 06:01 PM
Thats a really good point. I dont know about you guys, but it always gives me goosebumps when I watch it at the cell.

Ron Karkovice
10-30-2005, 06:02 PM

:mad:

SoxFan76
10-30-2005, 06:03 PM
They need to show that on TV. The Bulls made pregame intros famous with Ray Clay and those videos. The Sox should follow suit.

From North..Carolina..head guard...6'6"....Michael Jordan!

Man, that brings back good memories. :whiner::redneck

knocko94
10-30-2005, 06:13 PM
head guard?????

at guard

buehrle4cy05
10-30-2005, 06:49 PM
They need to show that on TV. The Bulls made pregame intros famous with Ray Clay and those videos. The Sox should follow suit.

The man...in the middle...from Australia...Luuuuuuuuuuuuuc Longley!

At guard...6'3" (?)...from Miami of Ohio...Ron...Harper!

Those tingle my spine a little bit.:redneck

SoxFan76
10-30-2005, 07:03 PM
head guard?????

at guard

Yeah, it always sounded like he said head guard. At least to me it did.

lths06
10-30-2005, 07:08 PM
I think that we are forgetting that they play that at 7:00 (during 7:05 starts). Whats going on during this time...comercials! Baseball is different than basketball in that in basketball, the starting lineup is almost an event in itself. Because of the starting linueps in baseketball, everyone knows Jordan is 6'6 and from North Carolina. Baseball is much more a team sport, with little to no emphasis on the starting lineup (at least for television). The opening movie(s) itself is like 3 minutes long, plus the player intros. And during all this time, are a networks best friends...comercials.

antitwins13
10-30-2005, 07:10 PM
I think that we are forgetting that they play that at 7:00 (during 7:05 starts). Whats going on during this time...comercials! Baseball is different than basketball in that in basketball, the starting lineup is almost an event in itself. Because of the starting linueps in baseketball, everyone knows Jordan is 6'6 and from North Carolina. Baseball is much more a team sport, with little to no emphasis on the starting lineup (at least for television). The opening movie(s) itself is like 3 minutes long, plus the player intros. And during all this time, are a networks best friends...comercials.

Move the game time to a 7:10 start. Problem solved.

lths06
10-30-2005, 07:20 PM
Let's e-mail Brooks about this! Actually, maybe that shouldn't be in teal. I think it would be really cool if they would do that, plus it would help to seperate the Sox and Cubs broadcasts. I would be all in favor of them doing that, if they could get the networks to agree. Heck, knowing the Sox, it would be the "opening ceremonies, presented by Folger's... the perfect start to every morning!"

HotelWhiteSox
10-30-2005, 07:46 PM
No for me. I also get the chills, enjoy it, look forward to it, etc when going to games, but I don't want it to get stale. The commercials are bad enough for me for anticipation of the game, I wouldn't want more, I hate those starts 10-20 minutes after the game, start ASAP!

WGN did show the Thunderstruck part once

gobears1987
10-30-2005, 07:48 PM
I want it broadcast. I can't get sick of it. I've watched it 50 times on the CBS 2 video archive this weekend.

zach074
10-30-2005, 08:55 PM
I want it broadcast. I can't get sick of it. I've watched it 50 times on the CBS 2 video archive this weekend.

Your not alone there. The thing that really amazed me was thinking that of all those great plays, none amounted to a World Championship.

TheDarkGundam
10-30-2005, 09:01 PM
I think it would be awesome, but then wouldn't the network or whatever have to pay to use the pirate music?

I want Mags back
10-30-2005, 09:09 PM
I cant wait for it to be redone to incorperate this year. The thing i hated about it was seeing a 2000 AL central championship banner at the end of the 1st part instead of this thinghttp://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/7/75/Oldtrophy.jpg

Ron Karkovice
10-31-2005, 12:08 AM
For those of you who dont want it to go stale, maybe they could have it played on Sunday game broadcasts or something of that sort.

ElDuque26
10-31-2005, 12:12 AM
The video always gives me the game and its one of the things i look forward to when attending games. I think it should be left for just games and keep it as such a special thing

Joosh
10-31-2005, 12:26 AM
Maybe they could do it the first game of a homestand.

The Broadcasts could always add commercial time somewhere else, or push back the start of the game. I'd love to see the intros on TV.

antitwins13
10-31-2005, 03:24 AM
The video always gives me the game and its one of the things i look forward to when attending games. I think it should be left for just games and keep it as such a special thing

You make a really good point and I thought of this myself, but I watch the action, the fireworks, even hear Nancy in the background on the TV and I still look forward to those things live because the 3D experience is always more electric.

RedHeadPaleHoser
10-31-2005, 08:35 AM

Yep...I remember seeing the 1st montage a few years ago when the Sox came home from sweeping the spankmees and the toons...got chills then, get chills now, hell, I got chills seeing it on the parade footage!!

Hitmen77
10-31-2005, 09:25 AM

Maybe this is because I'm much more into the Sox than the Bulls - but I think the Sox intro blows the Bulls intro away. There's something about watching all that team history go by that is very cool. The Bulls just don't have that history - and actually I started to find that "AAAANNNNDDD NOOOOWWWW YOUR CHICAGO BULLLLSSS!!!!" annoying. Most annoying was that everyone and his brother and sister felt compelled to do their lame imitation of it.

Oh well, I'm straying off topic.... I like the idea of limited showings of the Sox montage on TV.

mccoydp
10-31-2005, 10:10 AM
No for me. I also get the chills, enjoy it, look forward to it, etc when going to games, but I don't want it to get stale. The commercials are bad enough for me for anticipation of the game, I wouldn't want more, I hate those starts 10-20 minutes after the game, start ASAP!

WGN did show the Thunderstruck part once

I remember that WGN did the "Thunderstruck" intro for Loaiza's start vs. the Scrubs at U.S. Cellular in 2004. They even did the player intros as well, IIRC. It was pretty cool.