PDA

View Full Version : Fox Updates intro

koch44
10-30-2005, 12:04 PM
The opening montage on Fox Sports where they say They're the home of MLB, the NFL, and Nascar has been changed. They now show the Pierzynski hugging Jenks, instead of Varitek hugging Foulke.:bandance:

WestSox
10-30-2005, 12:43 PM
That's somewhat surprising, given how uninterested their own announcers were when Uribe made that great play to record the third out and win it all.

hsnterprize
10-30-2005, 01:31 PM
Here's something to look out for. If you live near a Costco or Sam's Club (those are bulk-item membership-type stores for those of you who don't know), pay special attention to the HD/Plasma TV sections. Usually, there's a lot of promotional stuff being shown on the screens that show what you can see on HD. One of those "promotional videos" is from Fox Sports, and they show a lot of highlights from past events. They showed a lot of coverage of last year's baseball playoffs throughout this year, and I'm sure they'll update the film to reflect this year's Sox run.

You might also see something like that at just about anywhere HD TV's are sold...so keep an eye out in case they start showing the Sox' championship run at an electronics store/section near you.

TomParrish79
10-30-2005, 01:35 PM
man you guys have been all over Joe bucks since the first game of the series

I thought he did a pretty decent job...of course he is not gonna be into the games...the cardinals didnt make it to the WS

I guess I am just a joe buck fan

And I cant wait to see the new fox montage

WestSox
10-30-2005, 01:40 PM

I thought he did a pretty decent job...of course he is not gonna be into the games...the cardinals didnt make it to the WS

No offense, but Buck almost sounded disappointed that the Sox won. Perhaps he was angry that Fox made as little money as possible because of the sweep.

FarWestChicago
10-30-2005, 01:40 PM

And I cant wait to see the new fox montageJoe Buck should be fired immediately. In all of my many years I have never heard anybody do worse play by play of any sport. Competely biased and unenthusiatic just doesn't work, no matter how you cut it.

Garland_IS_God
10-30-2005, 02:01 PM

I used to like Joe Buck but since the ALCS and World Series I can't stand the guy. No emotion what-so-ever from him.

The Wall
10-30-2005, 02:03 PM
I agree with FWC....if there is one guy in all of the sportscast that we had to endure in october needs to be fired, its Joe Buck. Next in line would be Timmy. And then it would be onto Chris back ,back,back,gone Berman.

TomBradley72
10-30-2005, 02:07 PM
It is possible for an announcer to be both impartial AND exciting/interesting....Jon Miller and Vin Scully come to mind. Joe Buck and Tim McCarve do not.

TornLabrum
10-30-2005, 02:28 PM

If Joe Buck has a national gig, then he needs to forget his Cardinals love and do the broadcast down the middle. If he can't do that, then he should quit.

Fenway
10-30-2005, 03:14 PM
They now show the Pierzynski hugging Jenks, instead of Varitek hugging Foulke.:bandance:

Congrats it's your turn now ( at least we still have Tom Brady for a few months )

itsnotrequired
10-30-2005, 04:12 PM
Joe Buck should be fired immediately. In all of my many years I have never heard anybody do worse play by play of any sport. Competely biased and unenthusiatic just doesn't work, no matter how you cut it.

Why don't you tell us how you really feel?:D:

bigfoot
10-30-2005, 05:11 PM
The sure cure for the insomniac....

Joe Buck and Skip Caray

FarWestChicago
10-30-2005, 05:29 PM
Why don't you tell us how you really feel?:D:I was over at Ode's yesterday. He Hi-Def Tivo'ed every post season game. We went through all of the games. One thing we were laughing about was Berman and Sutcliffe were orders of magnitude less biased and more enthusiastic than Buck and McCarver. Considering Berman's Wrong Sox love and Sutcliffe's Flubdom, how atrocious does that make Buck and McCarver? They should not only be fired, there should be some sort of criminal charges filed against them. :redneck

chez742002
11-01-2005, 12:23 AM
I said the same thing about 3 or 4 days ago. Buck was the worst national play by play commentator in the history of the MLB playoffs and World Series.I also gave out FOX Sport's complaint and question phone number. You can find it at www.foxsports.com (http://www.foxsports.com/), under the footer,contact us. I called and wrote to them a number of times. Buck openly rooted against the White Sox and it was both classless and unprofessional. The job of a national play by play guy is to tell people what is happening on the field without the use of any personal feelings or bias. He did neither of them, therefore, he should be reprimanded by both FOX Sports and the MLB.

I hope Mr. Reinsdorf and Kenny Williams heard some of his game calling and if they did, I hope they complain to FOX about it. He is paid handsomely to do a professional job and he did not do it. Anyone who watched the game had to have noticed it. Reinsdorf is a powerful owner and a personal friend of the commissioners. so I hope something is done about it. McCarver and Buck consistently brought light upon every call that went the White Sox way and completely ignored anything that went the for the Astros and Angels. I know there were some bad calls, but the players and coaches know thats going to happen because it is part of the game. A champion fights through those calls and succeeds. that is what the White Sox did, yet their success and championship was still downplayed.

How many times did Buck talk about the dropped third strike or the HBP of Dye, yet when Lane hit a double off the wall that was called a home run, there was barely a peep heard about it. He sure did not talk about the fact that that Chris Burke purposely ran in the way of a throw to 1st base so it would hit him and stop a definite double play!! It was terrible and it affected the way I watched the game because television has a delay and radio does not, so when I tried to listen to Rooney and Farmer and watch on TV, Rooney was calling the play before it happened. It made the game a little more difficult to watch. I was expecting good play by play and color commentating because of the National broadcast and I was looking forward to it because I was so sick of DJ, even though I love Hawk, Rooney and Farmer. Instead I got a load of garbage and the evil twins of crap- Bizarro Hawk and Bizarro DJ. It was worse than having to listen a Chip Caray, Ron Santo and Mike Murphy called "White Sox - Cubs game".

The worst part of this was, the fact that it made me pay attention to their crappy game calling and annoyances, rather than concentrating on the great baseball that was played by both sides. And that should never happen!! It will never affect the way I feel about "Our World Champs", but it might have lowered the respect level that others (no White Sox fans and part time baseball fans) have for the White Sox. The big reason why Joe Buck's play by play calling was so wrong and uncalled for was that the Sox worked hard all season; led the division all year; stumbled a little, like all teams do; but rallied the troops and won the last 5 regular season games to win an American League best 99 games. Then they swept the former World Champs, whooped on a good Angels team and finally destroyed the National League Champs 4-0. What Buck did was not only rude and unprofessional to the White Sox organization and fans, but it was an embarrassment and black eye to baseball. Joe Buck's play by play said, "The White Sox won the ALCS and World Series because of bad umpiring, their team was not good enough to win it on their own and MLB's umpires are not good at their job because they blew very important calls that cost teams games and series". Because of those statements, Buck portrayed MLB as "Bush League" and its employees (umpires) as poor and below average. Basically, he told America that baseball sucks and it needs instant replay for it to be good and fair. In other words, baseball is not as level a playing field as the sports that have instant replay (football) because the right calls are not always made, therefore, the best team does not always win. So, the past 100 years or so of baseball have meant nothing because there were bad calls made all through time, there was no such thing as instant replay, therefore umpires made mistakes that were unable to be corrected which might have affected important games and who won those games. In Buck's World, BASEBALL IS WORTHLESS!! He made baseball look bad and he made the Sox look worse. But I know he is an idiot, the only problem is, there are people out there who believe him, therefore the Sox do not get the respect that they deserve from the country, as a whole! Thank God, there were other play by play men for radio and world telecasts. otherwise the Sox might look like World Series thieves instead of champions. i might be overdoing it a little (NO, a lot), but that is what I think about Joe Buck. McCarver was terrible, too, but his tone changed in Game 4 and he gave the White Sox a little respect, which they deserved more of. I just feel bad for the Sox organization because they gave America what it has craved for many years now, A true TEAM, one without liars, cheats, drug abusers or criminals. A TEAM that had no individuals, glory hounds or big mouths, A TEAM America can be proud of. A TEAM that children can look up to and their parents do not have to worry about their children following them. A TEAM OF GOOD PEOPLE!

AS Peter Gammons AKA Andrew Jackson(another guy I used to despise, but now I respect) said:
" Jerry Reinsdorf and Kenny Williams put a great team out there that matches what the United States and the game of baseball is all about. This team and organization is a melting pot filled with a African American General Manager, a Venezuelan Manager, the Korean "Babe Ruth", former White Sox stars and role players as coaches, a team composed of Cubans, Dominicans, Venezuelans, Mexicans, African Americans, European Americans, and 1 Japanese rookie. This is a team and organization that Mr Reinsdorf has always wanted, where race, creed and culture do not matter. This is what MLB has always wanted and this is what America has always craved for. This is a Utopian Organization, and what The United States of America stands for and is all about. The world should be proud of the White Sox and Mr Reinsdorf, not just for winning the title, but for winning the right way with the right type of organization.... They are truly Americas Team, the Worlds Team!"

Gammons also stated that the 98 Yankees are the best team in the last 30 years. But the White Sox are in the next level with only 3 other teams: The 99 Yankees, 84 Tigers, and 89 Athletics. Not too bad of company!! I appreciate Gammon's comments and the funny thing is that he never mentioned the Red Sox and he did not put them on the White Sox level. This is what made me change my mind about him and make me think that he is an all right guy and good baseball man, who wants the best for baseball, even more than he wants the best for the Red Sox!

2005 World Champions... Chicago White Sox!!!
Go Sox!!:gulp: