PDA

View Full Version : World Series Stuff

jabrch
10-30-2005, 11:20 AM
Ok - we all have seen the hats, the shirts, the pennants, the WS patch, etc.

But what have you seen that is so freaking cool that you just had to get it?

I'm looking for something different gang...

MLB.com has a small WS Trophy paperweight. I think that's kinda cool. I full size replica WS trophy would rock also.

Tell me what you bought that you think is cool, and different.

michned
10-30-2005, 11:23 AM

MLB.com has a small WS Trophy paperweight. I think that's kinda cool. I full size replica WS trophy would rock also.

The AJ bobblehead of him holding the trophy. Santa is bringing one to the boy this Christmas.

Brian26
10-30-2005, 11:31 AM
This is a great thread...I almost posted the question 10 minutes ago.

I saw both the paperweight and the bobbleheads on mlb.com. The quality of the bobbleheads seems to be a little lacking (they are the Forever Collectibles version instead of Alexander Global Productions). They look like they were put together pretty quickly, but the World Series trophy is a nice touch. I liked the paperweight too.

jabrch
10-30-2005, 11:50 AM
The Bobbleheads with trophys would be cool if they made one with the entire core of the team, all in a semi-circle.

I think the Bobblehead thing is a bit...well...done...

I'm looking for something really unique here... The laser inscribe WS bat that they advertised on the radio seems cool.

whitesoxwilkes
10-30-2005, 11:55 AM
This is a great thread...I almost posted the question 10 minutes ago.

I saw both the paperweight and the bobbleheads on mlb.com. The quality of the bobbleheads seems to be a little lacking (they are the Forever Collectibles version instead of Alexander Global Productions). They look like they were put together pretty quickly, but the World Series trophy is a nice touch. I liked the paperweight too.

Carson's is selling Waterford crystal baseballs with the Sox logo and "2005 World Series Champions" engraved on it. Do I need one? No. Should I spend another $160 on top of the $400 or so I've already dropped on playoff stuff? No.

Am I buying it? Damned right I am.

Brian26
10-30-2005, 11:56 AM
The laser inscribe WS bat that they advertised on the radio seems cool.

I have to admit that I ordered that. Just don't tell my wife. She made a comment yesterday to the effect, "This World Series is going to cost us a lot of money." :D:

It ends up being over $150 with tax and shipping, but its spectacular. I'm curious what number I'll get...they're supposedly numbered up to 10,000. Steve Dahl said on Friday he has #5.

getonbckthr
10-30-2005, 12:12 PM
I am looking for little replica banners that i could staple to the ceiling of my car. Why you ask. Simple so when my friends, who are cub fans, enter my car they could see something they will never have. If you know where I could get 1 let me know by the way.

jabrch
10-30-2005, 12:16 PM
I have to admit that I ordered that. Just don't tell my wife. She made a comment yesterday to the effect, "This World Series is going to cost us a lot of money." :D:

It ends up being over $150 with tax and shipping, but its spectacular. I'm curious what number I'll get...they're supposedly numbered up to 10,000. Steve Dahl said on Friday he has #5.

I think #2005 would be the one to hope for!!!

voodoochile
10-30-2005, 12:19 PM
I'm looking for a Sox jacket with World Series Champs 2005 on it. I havne't seen one on any of the sites, anyone found one?

pasquasroachclip
10-30-2005, 12:27 PM
I'm looking for a Sox jacket with World Series Champs 2005 on it. I havne't seen one on any of the sites, anyone found one?

Try this:

http://store.yahoo.com/abasleathers/mlbchja.html

UofCSoxFan
10-30-2005, 12:33 PM
I'm hoping I can buy a replica flag of the tone they will raise up at Comiskey that is white with "2005 World Champions" in black.

FarWestChicago
10-30-2005, 12:44 PM
I'm looking for a Sox jacket with World Series Champs 2005 on it. I havne't seen one on any of the sites, anyone found one?I saw that jacket Jerry was wearing at the parade somewhere online last night. I can't find it now. It was $250.

jabrch
10-30-2005, 12:57 PM
I'm hoping I can buy a replica flag of the tone they will raise up at Comiskey that is white with "2005 World Champions" in black.

THAT'S IT!!!!!!

When you find one, please let me know - I want THAT!

JohnBasedowYoda
10-30-2005, 01:02 PM
Try this:

tacky!

LongLiveFisk
10-30-2005, 01:16 PM
Not sure if it's really related to the WS Championship, but I found a cool "team celebration" ornament at Grandstand yesterday that features Konerko, Podsednik, and Buehrle huddled together in celebration. PK and Mark have their arms raised in victory. Only thing wrong is that PK's mitt is on his RIGHT hand. Oh well. :tongue:

krohnjw
10-30-2005, 01:39 PM
THAT'S IT!!!!!!

When you find one, please let me know - I want THAT!

A Replica flag would be GREAT! I was looking for one the last few years at Soxfest and never saw one. If anyone locates on let me know :D:

salty99
10-30-2005, 02:37 PM
I know alot of people got the jerseys with the World Series 05 patch. Now they have one with the WS05 patch with the word CHAMPIONS underneath it in blue lettering.

Also did anyone else see how much they are now chargins for Sox signed memoribilia?

http://www.csac.biz/

Go to Oct. 31

Garland_IS_God
10-30-2005, 03:00 PM

I just bought all the World Series Bobbleheads including the Ozzie Guillen one they just put up for sale today. I also bought the World Series Trophy paperweight. I spent about $195.00 total for all that stuff....WHO CARES THOUGH, IT'S FOR THE SOX!!!!!

Garland_IS_God
10-30-2005, 03:05 PM
Not sure if it's really related to the WS Championship, but I found a cool "team celebration" ornament at Grandstand yesterday that features Konerko, Podsednik, and Buehrle huddled together in celebration. PK and Mark have their arms raised in victory. Only thing wrong is that PK's mitt is on his RIGHT hand. Oh well. :tongue:

mlb.com has a white sox christmas ornament featuring Contreras, AJ, and Iguchi huddled together with the WS Trophy. They also have a snow globe with the same ornament inside.

LongLiveFisk
10-30-2005, 03:21 PM
mlb.com has a white sox christmas ornament featuring Contreras, AJ, and Iguchi huddled together with the WS Trophy. They also have a snow globe with the same ornament inside.

Oohh..that sounds like a must-have as well.

Baby Fisk
10-30-2005, 06:05 PM
tacky!
Maybe we'll see M&M decked out in one of those next year. Mercy! :o:

ChiSoxGirl
10-30-2005, 11:47 PM
Carson's is selling Waterford crystal baseballs with the Sox logo and "2005 World Series Champions" engraved on it. Do I need one? No. Should I spend another $160 on top of the $400 or so I've already dropped on playoff stuff? No.

I saw an ad in today's commemorative section of the Cubune for that Waterford baseball at Marshall Fields for $159. My mom showed it to me and I was like, "Oh, I'm so owning that." Then she told me the price and I said, "I'm so not owning that." But then I got to thinking... Christmas will be coming soon and some family members are starting to ask me what I'd like. I have a feeling it's going to be a World Series-themed Christmas this year! :wink:

LuvSox
10-30-2005, 11:51 PM
Try this:

If Andrew Dice Clay was a Sox fan, he'd have that! :D:

mike squires
10-31-2005, 12:02 AM
I'm kind of dissapointed in the Ozzie bobble. I've always wanted one. This one kind of looks like Neil Cotts if he was from Venezuela...I was hoping for a Crede but may get the Bhuerlie.

StillMissOzzie
10-31-2005, 02:05 AM
Try this:

I saw someone on the news with this jacket a few days ago. I likened it to wearing a tacky billboard. More in my taste, as well as price range, are the wool jackets with leather sleeves. I also like that Waterford crystal baseball.

So far, nothing out of the ordinary-T-shirts, coffee mug, shot glass (for my little bro).

SMO
:gulp:

CredeGoldGlove
10-31-2005, 02:10 AM
........i dont think it would be that hard to make a replica world championship flag as long as it just had "2005" on it
All you need is a black/blue (not sure of the color) piece of nylon and some white and a sewing machine.

HotelWhiteSox
10-31-2005, 02:23 AM
Here's a picture of that $159 Marshall Field's ball (it's on their website)

http://content.shopmay.com/images/flgifts/product/detail/873/21729371_D6.jpg

Realist
10-31-2005, 05:59 AM
I really want a replica of the World Series ring the Sox players are going to get. I'm going to get it fitted for my middle finger on my right hand so I can show it off to fans of that Chicago team from the AAAA League when they start to give me too much static.

:moonwalk:

starboy0
10-31-2005, 06:44 AM
Does anyone know if the jackets Ozzie, Jerry R., ect were wearing at the parade are for sale anywhere? They are the ones with tan/yellow sleeves.

I think they call them coach's jackets.

The Racehorse
10-31-2005, 06:57 AM
Teams that win it all will usually put out a video/DVD commerating their championship season... that's what I want.

34 Inch Stick
10-31-2005, 09:53 AM
I am looking for a replica yellow M and M guy jacket with the 2005 World Series patch on it.

SouthSoxFan
10-31-2005, 10:56 AM
Teams that win it all will usually put out a video/DVD commerating their championship season... that's what I want.

Something like this would be really nice, but will take some time to produce...
http://boston.redsox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/news/article.jsp?ymd=20050713&content_id=1129888&vkey=news_bos&fext=.jsp&c_id=bos

mattcoz
10-31-2005, 01:29 PM
I want a replica trophy, obviously not full size.

BeefyD
10-31-2005, 01:40 PM
Wow... Didn't realize that the Red Sox dvd set was released in July. Darn, we will have to wait THAT LONG??!!?! (if at all?)

steff
10-31-2005, 01:42 PM

LMAO.. picked that baby up yesterday. If Zooks doesn't take my credit cards away after this billing cycle it'll be a miracle. I got the bats (AL and WS Champs), every shirt and hoodie I could find, shot glasses, beer steins, pennents, posters, window clingies, magazines, etc, etc... And just when I thought I was done.. I bought more crap from MLB.Com and the WhiteSoxTeamStore.com this morning. :wink:

whitesoxwilkes
10-31-2005, 01:46 PM
LMAO.. picked that baby up yesterday. If Zooks doesn't take my credit cards away after this billing cycle it'll be a miracle. I got the bats (AL and WS Champs), every shirt and hoodie I could find, shot glasses, beer steins, pennents, posters, window clingies, magazines, etc, etc... And just when I thought I was done.. I bought more crap from MLB.Com and the WhiteSoxTeamStore.com this morning. :wink:

Where are you finding the beer steins and stuff like that? All I can find in the city is clothes. And crystal baseballs.

steff
10-31-2005, 01:49 PM
Where are you finding the beer steins and stuff like that? All I can find in the city is clothes. And crystal baseballs.

JC Penny. I'll pick them up for you and bring them to the next Bears game if you can't find them down there.

bigsqwert
10-31-2005, 02:46 PM
Anyone know the number for the Louisville Slugger bat they are offering? I heard them advertise it on radio. Has all the players names on it. Only 10K made.

EDIT: Nevermind...found it.

http://www.hampsterdirect.com/

Max Power
10-31-2005, 03:27 PM

Another vote for that. Actually one of the first things I thought of was how cool it would be to get a replica flag (full sized or a minature one for my office space).
I love the look of the flags at Comiskey, white with black numbers and letters. A million times better than some of the tacky banners some teams have (Tampa Bay Lightning, I'm looking at you).

ilsox7
10-31-2005, 03:43 PM

Sports Authority on Lasalle had pint glasses, shot glasses, and steins as of last Friday. I am planning on picking them up this week.

SouthSoxFan
10-31-2005, 04:52 PM
Anyone know the number for the Louisville Slugger bat they are offering? I heard them advertise it on radio. Has all the players names on it. Only 10K made.
Funny, I've already seen another signature bat, only 5K made. The finite quantity is a marketing trick, and an effective one. But don't doubt they'll keep making a slightly different version of these as long as they are sellin'

Brian26
10-31-2005, 08:58 PM
Funny, I've already seen another signature bat, only 5K made.

I believe I saw you mention this in another thread. Do you have a link to this bat? AFAIK, the bat being offered on Igottohavethat is that same one Melty showed on the Comcast postgame. I haven't seen another one (other than the AL Pennant bat by the same company).

RealFan
10-31-2005, 09:32 PM
Cufflinks.com is putting out commerative 2005 White Sox World Series cufflinks. They're due out in November. :cool:

LuvSox
10-31-2005, 10:04 PM
Cufflinks.com is putting out commerative 2005 White Sox World Series cufflinks. They're due out in November. :cool:

Cool.

I'm right in line with everybody else that is going broke. :?:
Of course, I have to buy two of everything.....

chisoxfanatic
10-31-2005, 10:12 PM
Today, I went to Grandstand right after work (about 2:30ish) and got right in without having to wait in a line. As I walked in, I was immediately helped by Dave Wills behind the counter. He was a great help indeed. The entire store was hopping and had the most positive aura to it ever! Let's see, I purchased...

Locker Room Hat
Locker Room Shirt
World Series Champion Pennant/Pin/Bumper Sticker Set
Grey World Series Champion Hoodie
2005 World Series Champion White Sox Car Flag
Sign reading "World Series Champion Sox Parking Only"

Total: A smidge over $150

mike squires
10-31-2005, 11:10 PM
I believe I saw you mention this in another thread. Do you have a link to this bat? AFAIK, the bat being offered on Igottohavethat is that same one Melty showed on the Comcast postgame. I haven't seen another one (other than the AL Pennant bat by the same company).

Brian~There are two different bats out there that I know of. One is from Heavy hitter Industries out of California where I ordered mine. There are 4 different versions. 1) Whitesox logo 2) 2004 Whitesox carved signiatures 2005 made 3)2005 World Series logo with carved signiatures. There are 5,000 of that one and 4) World Series logo WITH sigs and results of the series on the other side. 1-800-283-1717

There is another one that is Black but similar to the ones mentioned. I think there are only 1,000 of that one. It's a Louisville Slugger. I think that is the igottohaveit.com

Hope that helps. IF you check out the CHAMPS esition of the Suntimes it gives you info on page 10A.

FarWestChicago
11-01-2005, 12:49 AM
Does anyone know if the jackets Ozzie, Jerry R., ect were wearing at the parade are for sale anywhere? They are the ones with tan/yellow sleeves.

I think they call them coach's jackets.I think you mean this one (http://www.whitesoxteamstore.com/istar.asp?a=6&id=94538%21Maj&csurl=/iStar.asp?a%3D29%26search%3Dalcentral)?

jrauch
11-01-2005, 08:27 PM
Here is a cool framed photo that has world series infield dirt in the frame.

http://www.shop.com/op/~Highland_Mint_Chicago_White_Sox_2005_World_Series _Champions_Celebration_Photo_Mint-prod-21004545

whitesoxwilkes
11-01-2005, 08:47 PM

Oh sweet! Must have.

jabrch
11-03-2005, 09:52 PM
BUMP...

Anyone find anything really cool lately?

Brian26
11-05-2005, 09:47 PM
Here's a cool lithograph that you could get framed.

http://store.artshowgallery.com/chwhsoxbwose1.html

goofymsfan
11-05-2005, 10:00 PM
The AJ bobblehead of him holding the trophy. Santa is bringing one to the boy this Christmas.

I've got the Scotty one coming!

kjkobs
11-05-2005, 10:09 PM

Wow, thats a great litho. Any idea if it's from Game 1 or 2? not that it matters - just curious!

Brian26
11-05-2005, 10:13 PM
Wow, thats a great litho. Any idea if it's from Game 1 or 2? not that it matters - just curious!

Just guessing it's Game 1 since the sky looks a little clearer than Game 2. I don't see any umbrellas either...just a guess.

LuvSox
11-05-2005, 10:56 PM
BUMP...

Anyone find anything really cool lately?

I found a framed and matted 8x10 of the mob scene on the mound after the final out. Oddly enough it was at a Jewel store. The frame isn't the greatest but it's officially licensed and looks pretty cool. It's only $20.00.

RealMenWearBlack
11-05-2005, 11:23 PM
I got a flag from Grandstand that they had near the checkout, but I'm still hoping for a replica championship flag.

jabrch
11-06-2005, 10:22 AM
I got a flag from Grandstand that they had near the checkout, but I'm still hoping for a replica championship flag.

I'll be getting a replica championship flag somehow. It seems like enough people here want that too - I may seek out someone to make them - if there is enough interest here, and no availability in the marketplace. Let's see when they raise it this spring.

ajtokarz
11-06-2005, 10:49 AM
I'm still looking for one of those flipping World Series Mock Turtlenecks.....anyone hear anything about these yet????? Or see them?

jabrch
11-06-2005, 10:56 AM
I'm still looking for one of those flipping World Series Mock Turtlenecks.....anyone hear anything about these yet????? Or see them?

They had them at Dick's in Glenview.

shoelessjoe90
11-06-2005, 11:00 AM
That episode of Family guy was hilarious, anyway, is there going to be a patch indicatin that the sox won the world series? I want to get one for my jacket and my Buehrle Jersey.

ajtokarz
11-06-2005, 11:04 AM
You're a savior.

They had them at Dick's in Glenview.

mwc44
11-06-2005, 11:08 AM

Great pic, but I love the description even more....

Panoramic photo inside Comisky Park during the 2005 World Series. Size - 13 1/2" x 39." The image you see on this page indicates The Rob Arra Collection.

Oh well... in my heart, it will always be Comiskey!

Red Barchetta
11-06-2005, 11:32 AM
I think you mean this one (http://www.whitesoxteamstore.com/istar.asp?a=6&id=94538%21Maj&csurl=/iStar.asp?a%3D29%26search%3Dalcentral)?

I just saw this jacket last week at Chicago Sports Merchandise on Michigan Avenue (West side just south of the River/Wacker Drive). They had about 10 left. Better hurry, it's a sweet jacket. I have the Black/tan-yellow sleeve jacket they sold at the ballpark back in 2000 that is very close to this, so I personally can't see dropping the $250 for a jacket very close to one I already have.

kjkobs
11-06-2005, 11:50 AM
That episode of Family guy was hilarious, anyway, is there going to be a patch indicatin that the sox won the world series? I want to get one for my jacket and my Buehrle Jersey.

Not sure if this was covered in another thread, but I came across this patch:

http://shop.mlb.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2147525&cp=1452347.1452706.1921917&parentPage=family

The description says "Watch for this Championship emblem on-field during the 2006 Season" so maybe this is the one...

bayzbol44
11-06-2005, 08:32 PM
I just went to mlb.com to look for the "World Series Jacket" (blue with World Series 05 on the front) and I can not find it anymore.:angry: Anyone know where I can find this? Do they have it at Grandstand or the Sox store in the stadium? I may have to head over there on Friday if they do have it in stock? Do they have a lot?

robertks61
11-06-2005, 09:37 PM
Grandstand had them (World Series Jacket)Friday night when I was there.

bayzbol44
11-06-2005, 10:46 PM
Thanks! I will have to call them later in the week. The earliest I can get there is Friday.

pasquasroachclip
11-06-2005, 11:05 PM
The jackets that the coaches wore at the parade are being offered here:
http://www.wrigleyvillesport.com/soxlanding.htm

They are asking $270 for them, whis is a ripoff considering mlb.com had the same jackets w/o the World Series patch for $200 during the playoffs (before they sold out).

BeefyD
11-06-2005, 11:35 PM
The Letterman's jacket is very sweet, however, too rich for my blood.
But that Lithograph is beautiful, and only $40. Any cheap framing places in or around Chicago?

ewokpelts
11-07-2005, 10:52 AM

the etopps cards referenced in this thread:
http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=61641
Gene

Baby Fisk
11-10-2005, 06:53 PM
8 x 12 foot wall mural anyone?

linky (http://shop.mlb.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2146968&clickid=body_featitems_txt)

My goodness! The image appears to be the first pitch of WS Game 1.

Taz
11-10-2005, 11:05 PM
I really want a replica of the World Series ring the Sox players are going to get.

I'm on the look out for a replica ring too... if you see one, please post about it...

Taz
11-10-2005, 11:07 PM
Wow... Didn't realize that the Red Sox dvd set was released in July. Darn, we will have to wait THAT LONG??!!?! (if at all?)

I don't mind waiting that long - as long as I know the set is being made...

Gives me a chance to save up for it!! :wink:

gsang
11-10-2005, 11:24 PM
I actually just bought an empty bottle of Champagne that was used in the world series celebration. I got it an auction on ebay for $50, but they're selling for over 300 on whitesox.com auctions. I was skeptikal at first but then he sent me photos from his cell phone of him on the field and in the locker room...thought it was a pretty unique cool item to have.

Baby Fisk
11-10-2005, 11:27 PM
I actually just bought an empty bottle of Champagne that was used in the world series celebration. I got it an auction on ebay for $50, but they're selling for over 300 on whitesox.com auctions. I was skeptikal at first but then he sent me photos from his cell phone of him on the field and in the locker room...thought it was a pretty unique cool item to have.
Um... who is "he"? Are you allowed to say?

steff
11-11-2005, 06:26 AM
8 x 12 foot wall mural anyone?

linky (http://shop.mlb.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2146968&clickid=body_featitems_txt)

My goodness! The image appears to be the first pitch of WS Game 1.

Oh good lord... seriously, my husband IS going to kill me.

champagne030
11-11-2005, 11:39 AM

A couple more from the same collection....Just click on the Pregame photo and a couple more appear.

http://www.stadiumviews.com/

pinwheels3530
11-12-2005, 03:09 AM
Oh good lord... seriously, my husband IS going to kill me.

IF I buy that, I think my wife is going to kill me!!

steff
11-12-2005, 07:03 AM
IF I buy that, I think my wife is going to kill me!!

LOL... Jim appears to be just numb when I show him this stuff. I think he fully expects it to be on the door step next week. :D:

voodoochile
11-12-2005, 11:16 AM
LOL... Jim appears to be just numb when I show him this stuff. I think he fully expects it to be on the door step next week. :D:

Keep the Sox stuff, throw the flubs fan out instead...:o:

chisoxfanatic
11-13-2005, 03:52 AM
I was shopping at the local Office Depot yesterday afternoon, and as I walked in, I saw a 2006 Sox wall calendar with the on-field celebration after clinching the World Series right on the front. It's nice to see on the "fact" sheet inside the extra World Series added to our team's credit!

I've now spent close to $300 on World Series stuff (I have the 3 by 5 foot banner hanging in my bedroom).

jabrch
11-13-2005, 10:20 AM
the etopps cards referenced in this thread:
http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=61641
Gene

If it didn't says "cursed" on it, I might consider it. There was no curse - only bad baseball.

ewokpelts
11-13-2005, 12:03 PM
If it didn't says "cursed" on it, I might consider it. There was no curse - only bad baseball.

Well, the card sold out anyways. It's still anice card. And since it wont be printed until mid-December. maybe a write in campaign can get it's title changed(etopps has changed photos/title on card yet to be printed before)
Gene

mcfish
11-14-2005, 12:10 PM

http://store.artshowgallery.com/chwhsoxbwose1.htmlDoes anyone know of any place that sells frames this size? It's 39"x13.5". I have a few other posters this size that I want to frame in addition to this one now - and I can't find a frame anywhere! At a framing place, they say it's going to be like $80-90 and it's just not worth that much - at least not the other ones. This poster I might consider framing for that much, but only if there are no other options.

Iwritecode
11-14-2005, 12:40 PM
I was shopping at the local Office Depot yesterday afternoon, and as I walked in, I saw a 2006 Sox wall calendar with the on-field celebration after clinching the World Series right on the front. It's nice to see on the "fact" sheet inside the extra World Series added to our team's credit!

I've now spent close to $300 on World Series stuff (I have the 3 by 5 foot banner hanging in my bedroom).

I usually get a Dilbert wall calendar. I might have to change that this year...

CHIsoxNation
11-14-2005, 01:10 PM
I know a lot of people were saving the newspapers after they won - myself included. I came across this poster online that I will probably get framed and give to my brother. It's pretty cool.

http://www.sportsposters.com/product.php?productID=103865

kninchicago
11-14-2005, 01:12 PM
That poster is absolutely fantastic. I was going to get just one page framed, but this poster is cheaper and it's got all the newspapers on it. I love it!

bayzbol44
11-14-2005, 01:16 PM
That looks cool. I wish I could zoon in, to get a better look.

CHIsoxNation
11-14-2005, 01:18 PM
That poster is absolutely fantastic. I was going to get just one page framed, but this poster is cheaper and it's got all the newspapers on it. I love it!

Those were my intentions as well. I've been to several different frame shops for prices and the prices I have heard are pretty high.

The quote at the top of the poster is pretty sweet too.

steff
11-14-2005, 01:19 PM
I know a lot of people were saving the newspapers after they won - myself included. I came across this poster online that I will probably get framed and give to my brother. It's pretty cool.

http://www.sportsposters.com/product.php?productID=103865

Surprise, surprise.. I bought it. :rolleyes:

CHIsoxNation
11-14-2005, 01:21 PM
Surprise, surprise.. I bought it. :rolleyes:

haha-good work.

I'm purchasing 3. This brings my total of WS "stuff" up to approximately $350.

And still climbing...

voodoochile
11-14-2005, 01:56 PM
That poster is only 13X19. Those graphics are going to be pretty small at that size. Just wanted to point it out. It is not a normal sized poster.

CHIsoxNation
11-14-2005, 02:50 PM
That poster is only 13X19. Those graphics are going to be pretty small at that size. Just wanted to point it out. It is not a normal sized poster.

Thanks, voodoo.

I didn't think of that at first glance but I realized that before I purchased them. They'll make decent stocking stuffers I guess.

salty99
11-14-2005, 03:32 PM
another DVD video for sale

http://shop.mlb.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2151668&cp=2154627&parentPage=family

skobabe8
11-14-2005, 04:32 PM

That really sucks. Wish it were bigger.

mike squires
11-14-2005, 05:16 PM
This may hve been mentioned earlier in the thread but has anyone seen the pics of the series yet. IT has a licensed major league sticker on it but the pic looks like you were there and the one that took the shot. It's a beautiful shot of the team celebrating in the middle. My wife got it at this place called Gordyville where they have all these venders selling old stuff. Not sure where else you would get them but they are nice.

mandmandm
11-15-2005, 04:18 PM
It does not need to say world series on it but has anyone come across a store that sells Sox kid's sheets and comforters?

Thanks in advance.

goofymsfan
11-16-2005, 01:25 PM
I just got my Sun Times Book in the mail today. It looks really nice! I'm excited!

Mots09
11-16-2005, 03:31 PM
is there a link online for the Sun Times book?

clogoodie
11-16-2005, 03:46 PM
is there a link online for the Sun Times book?

Amazon has both the ST and Trib for cheaper than retail (in fact the hardover ST is cheaper than paperback!):

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/1596701390/ref=pd_ecc_rvi_4/104-8718901-0587165?%5Fencoding=UTF8&v=glance
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/1572438584/ref=pd_bxgy_text_1/104-8718901-0587165?v=glance&s=books&st=*

Mots09
11-16-2005, 04:09 PM
thanks for the link just bought both :)

my CC is getting worn out:dtroll:

chisox77
11-18-2005, 12:31 PM
In addition to two T-shirts, two penants, and two caps . . . I have a "Fan Set" of three items that I purchased yesterday at Woodfield Mall, which contains:

1. A White Sox World Series Champions clear glass with handle, featuring the team logo on the front, with homeplate image covered with crossed bats on the front of the glass, and on the back, "Chicago White Sox - World Series Champions" produced in nice block lettering, featuring the season record (99-63), and below that, a neat summary of the Divison Series, the American League Championship Series, and the World Series, with game by game results.

2. A White Sox World Series Champions coffee mug, white, with the same design features as the clear glass, and the same format of images on the front, and summary on the back.

3. A White Sox World Series Champions shot glass, with the same design features on the front as the previous two items, but on the back, in script lettering, it says "2005 World Series Champions."

I have kept special pullout sections that celebrate and summarize the entire White Sox post-season from The Daily Herald, The Sun-Times, and The Tribune, and will take certain pages out of each to frame. Some of these will require special-sized frames, but places like Michael's, as well as specialty shops that you see in malls, have them.

maurice
11-18-2005, 07:36 PM
I'm considering this (http://www.waterford.com/shop/product.asp?sku=10918) beauty:

http://www.waterford.com/images/product_enlarged/328666455slg.jpg

Wsoxmike59
11-19-2005, 08:14 AM
I got this picture for my birthday from my co-workers yesterday. I also got an unused World Series ticket stub for Game 5! I gotta say I work with a great bunch of people. :D:

http://www.horschgallery.com/