PDA

View Full Version : Rotation?

BearSox
12-14-2001, 01:17 PM
Hey guys its been a while since i've posted but i've just been wondering what you think the pitching roatation will be now with the trade for Ritchie. I felt we gave up two potential starters in wells and lowe for him and am wondering if the roataion is going to be to thin. Heres what i have now for the roatation.. Buehrle, Ritchie, Parque, Garland, and Biddle. Whats the word around chicago, is Wright a possible candidate or is there still another possible free agent signing for the rotation?

FarWestChicago
12-14-2001, 01:20 PM
Wow, it has been a while. You weren't even registered on this version of the board. This has been up since July 22 or something. Welcome back!! :gulp:

BearSox
12-14-2001, 01:24 PM
Yeah i know, i moved out to Colorado in early august and have been without my computer until now. I like the new format of the site a lot.

FarWestChicago
12-14-2001, 01:34 PM
Originally posted by BearSox
Yeah i know, i moved out to Colorado in early august and have been without my computer until now. I like the new format of the site a lot. That's a long time without a computer. Being the geek that I am, I think I would have died. :smile: I'm glad you like the current state of the site.

Joel Perez
12-14-2001, 01:46 PM
rotation:

LHP Mark Buehrle
RHP Todd Ritchie
RHP Jon Garland
RHP Gary Glover
LHP Jim Parque

Bullpen:

RHP Rocky Biddle
LHP Kelly Wunsch
RHP Lorenzo Barcelo
RHP Antonio Osuna
RHP Bill Simas
RHP Bobby Howry
RHP Keith Foulke

Not a "flashy, sexy" lineup, but it may get the job done, if everyone's healthy. And that's a big IF.

duke of dorwood
12-14-2001, 03:01 PM
Right-we just dumped 3 of our limited number of healthy arms.

AsInWreck
12-14-2001, 03:02 PM
In regards to JoelPerez-

Simas was not offered arbitration so sox can't re-sign until may, but I don;t see sox carrying 12
pitchers anyway.

Jerry_Manuel
12-14-2001, 03:04 PM
Originally posted by Joel Perez
RHP Bill Simas

Not a bad list Joel but Simas is not on the team anymore.

kermittheefrog
12-14-2001, 03:06 PM
rotation:

LHP Mark Buehrle
RHP Todd Ritchie
RHP Jon Garland
RHP Gary Glover
LHP Jim Parque

Bullpen:

RHP Rocky Biddle
LHP Kelly Wunsch
RHP Lorenzo Barcelo
RHP Antonio Osuna
RHP Bill Simas
RHP Bobby Howry
RHP Keith Foulke

Not a "flashy, sexy" lineup, but it may get the job done, if everyone's healthy. And that's a big IF.

So we've got Buehrle and four 3-4 starter types with Garland and possibly Glover having the potential to be better than that.

duke of dorwood
12-14-2001, 03:09 PM
I hope Simas spot is filled by a new left-hander.

:embree

I am a tough act to follow

Joel Perez
12-14-2001, 03:27 PM
Sorry about the Simas snafu. Forgot about that.

Too many questions in the pen and rotation...I can't see why the 2002 Sox are the odds on favs to win it all, especially if Minnesota is still going to be around. Everyone will have to be healthy on Day 1, but that will be nearly impossible.

Matt Ginter, Edwin Almonte, and Jon Rauch may be added to the team, but still....YIKES. WHY DID WE MAKE THIS TRADE AGAIN??? The more I think about it, we would've been better off keeping the Kipper, Lowe and Fogg for 2002. At least with those three, we would've been a lot healthier!!!

nut_stock
12-14-2001, 06:26 PM
I can see exactly why were the favorites to win the central.

Our offense can beat teams into the ground so long as Thomas is feeling good and we don't have a fiasco with Clayton or anyone else struggling to hit .100

We've got the best 1-2 punch in the division with buehrle and Ritchie.

Our Bullpen will be decided after fierce competition this spring. Osuna should fit nicely into the setup role.

The Tribe is cutting payroll, and the Twins(who finished a whole 2 games ahead of us thanks alone to their pitching) haven't made any moves since they traded away Lawton last season (oh and Rick Reed wants to be traded from the Twins.)

kermittheefrog
12-15-2001, 05:29 AM
Originally posted by nut_stock
I can see exactly why were the favorites to win the central.

Our offense can beat teams into the ground so long as Thomas is feeling good and we don't have a fiasco with Clayton or anyone else struggling to hit .100

We've got the best 1-2 punch in the division with buehrle and Ritchie.

Our Bullpen will be decided after fierce competition this spring. Osuna should fit nicely into the setup role.

The Tribe is cutting payroll, and the Twins(who finished a whole 2 games ahead of us thanks alone to their pitching) haven't made any moves since they traded away Lawton last season (oh and Rick Reed wants to be traded from the Twins.)

Best one two punch? I'd much rather have Colon/Sabathia. Twins even have a 1-2-3 punch, Radke/Milton/Mays. It's possible Rick Reed could learn to pitch in the Metrodome and give them a 1-2-3-4 punch.

Wsoxmike59
12-15-2001, 08:07 AM
rotation:

LHP Mark Buehrle
RHP Todd Ritchie
RHP Jon Garland
RHP Gary Glover
LHP Jim Parque

Bullpen:

RHP Rocky Biddle
LHP Kelly Wunsch
RHP Lorenzo Barcelo
RHP Antonio Osuna
RHP Bill Simas
RHP Bobby Howry
RHP Keith Foulke

I really like the starting rotation that you laid out Joel, however Jim Parque may be very worthy of the #3 slot depending how he looks coming out of Spring Training.

The bullpen, I have my doubts with all the arm injuries the Sox suffered last season. Biddle, Wunsch, Barcelo, Osuna, and Simas had spent considerable time on the DL or going under the knife.

If the bullpen is healthy and recovered, it should be a strong 'pen. If not, we're in for a LONG, LONG, frustrating season of blown leads and games not nailed down and put away.

Wsoxmike59

RedPinStripes
12-15-2001, 08:10 AM
:nardi
"Don't worry. I'll fix all the dead arms."

harwar
12-15-2001, 10:59 AM
Originally posted by kermittheefrog
It's possible Rick Reed could learn to pitch in the Metrodome and give them a 1-2-3-4 punch.

I was up in st.cloud,minn,recently and heard more than once on the local radio that Rick Reed still wants to leave the twins.Thats a guy that would fit well in our rotation.They still need someone to replace Matt Lawton.Too bad Carlos Lee can't play in that dome.

Daver
12-15-2001, 11:10 AM
Originally posted by harwar

I was up in st.cloud,minn,recently and heard more than once on the local radio that Rick Reed still wants to leave the twins.Thats a guy that would fit well in our rotation.They still need someone to replace Matt Lawton.Too bad Carlos Lee can't play in that dome.

He could DH there.

czalgosz
12-15-2001, 11:22 AM
Originally posted by harwar

Doesnt' Rick Reed make a lot of money?

:reinsy

Forget about it right now.