PDA

View Full Version : What would you think about...


NUCatsFan
12-14-2001, 12:55 PM
I'm just throwing this out there, so don't jump all over me for the suggestion.

What about bringing back DWells (incentive-laden contract, of course)? Not that I think it will happen if the Yanks have anything to say about it. But if we did, we would have the foundation of a decent rotation. And sign Jason Schmidt, and we may be in this thing. But again, I think I'm living in a fantasy world. :)

Jerry_Manuel
12-14-2001, 04:15 PM
Originally posted by NUCatsFan
But again, I think I'm living in a fantasy world.

You would be correct.

Tragg
12-14-2001, 04:24 PM
Originally posted by NUCatsFan


What about bringing back DWells (incentive-laden contract, of course)?

You may live in fantasy land, but I'm there with you. I think it's a good idea.

AsInWreck
12-14-2001, 04:30 PM
The word out here in AZ is that D'backs are trying
to sign Boomer, there was a story on the news the other day that showed footage of bob brenley talking about what an awesome rotation they are going to have next year. There in huge debt but Colangelo probably would mortgage his grandchildren's future for the d'backs./he may run them into the ground over the next few years with his spending

Kilroy
12-14-2001, 05:21 PM
Originally posted by AsInWreck
The word out here in AZ is that D'backs are trying
to sign Boomer, there was a story on the news the other day that showed footage of bob brenley talking about what an awesome rotation they are going to have next year. There in huge debt but Colangelo probably would mortgage his grandchildren's future for the d'backs./he may run them into the ground over the next few years with his spending

Is it me or didn't that big fat ass-clown of a pitcher say that Chicago would be his last stop in baseball? Something about not wanting to move his family again. He said that if Chicago didn't renew his option, he'd retire. When he got hurt, I sure didn't miss his running mouth every frickin day...

AsInWreck
12-14-2001, 05:42 PM
Originally posted by Kilroy


Is it me or didn't that big fat ass-clown of a pitcher say that Chicago would be his last stop in baseball? ...

I also remember him saying near the end of the season saying he would re-sign w/ sox for next to nothing because he "owed williams 8 or 9 complete games."

Daver
12-14-2001, 06:02 PM
Originally posted by AsInWreck


I also remember him saying near the end of the season saying he would re-sign w/ sox for next to nothing because he "owed williams 8 or 9 complete games."

You didn't actually beleive that did you?

RedPinStripes
12-14-2001, 06:09 PM
Wells is just an old fat loud and BAD Pitcher.

AsInWreck
12-14-2001, 06:15 PM
Originally posted by daver


You didn't actually beleive that did you?

I was just demonstrating his big fat-ass clownedness

Daver
12-14-2001, 06:19 PM
Originally posted by AsInWreck


I was just demonstrating his big fat-ass clownedness

Maybe he should borrow Terry Beavington's big red clown shoes.

ExSoxFan
12-14-2001, 07:57 PM
I think those 8 or 9 complete games would be the total innings of his 30 starts combined!

That guy is useless - what did he do last year? He poisoned Butter's mind, he publicly doubted a teammate's injury ( always the clubhouse leader! ), and he botched up or backed out of every important game he pitched!

Can't bring him back, because Sean Lowe's not around to bail out his enormous ass anymore!

RedPinStripes
12-14-2001, 08:04 PM
:XL
"I'm a big game player!"

duke of dorwood
12-15-2001, 12:03 AM
:hurt

Aw, he's all right.
Besides someone has to weigh more than me this year.

GASHWOUND
12-15-2001, 12:46 PM
Originally posted by Kilroy


Is it me or didn't that big fat ass-clown of a pitcher say that Chicago would be his last stop in baseball? Something about not wanting to move his family again. He said that if Chicago didn't renew his option, he'd retire. When he got hurt, I sure didn't miss his running mouth every frickin day...

Wells sucks. That cross-dresser said lie after lie. Uhh, I can still pitch fat, Uhh, I'll sign for a cheaper price. Uhh, I owe KW some more wins.
Shut the hell up. Sign with NY for all I care.

czalgosz
12-15-2001, 12:58 PM
Originally posted by GASHWOUND


Wells sucks. That cross-dresser said lie after lie. Uhh, I can still pitch fat, Uhh, I'll sign for a cheaper price. Uhh, I owe KW some more wins.
Shut the hell up. Sign with NY for all I care.

Don't hold back, tell us what you really think.

The thing was, I think that if the Sox had shown any interest at all, he might have re-signed. As it is, the Sox don't look like they're interested at any price. They have made no offer or even shown the hint of a suggestion that they're thinking about an offer. Not even major-league minimum and free coffee. Kinda hard for him to demonstrate his loyalty to the team when the team has shown zero loyalty to him. Not that they owe him loyalty, but you can't get mad at him for leaving.

He's a loud-mouth, sure, but IMO that's all made okay by the way that he put the Moron in his place. When he's healthy, he can be a dominating pitcher, the kind of guy that opponents check the schedule to see if they'll have to face him. I know that the Sox said no free-agents, but come on...

Look, what makes my brain hurt is that they're willing to trade for Royce Clayton and David Wells, who both make quite a bit, and give Osuna a fat contract extension before he throws one pitch for the Sox, and then the next season cry poor and try to cut payroll. I understand that unless you're the Yankees you're operating with a limited budget. What makes me nuts is that the Sox seem to be making the least out of that budget.