PDA

View Full Version : Pods on SNL right now

FJA
10-29-2005, 11:21 PM
Nbc.

Mr. N Paul Todd
10-29-2005, 11:23 PM
laaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaame

but I'll take it, even with the "curse" bs.

chisoxmike
10-29-2005, 11:24 PM
Jeez, hope you didn't blink. They did get a big appluse when they said the White Sox won their first world series title in 88 years.

HotelWhiteSox
Cmon Pods, I'm in Schaumburg!

Palehose13
SNL is lame now, and I had a feeling it was gonna be a Sox vs. Cubs thing. However, for once, I think it was nice to see the national media poking fun at the cub fans. :wink:

kninchicago
10-29-2005, 11:25 PM
Seriously unfunny. Nice try ladies.

I can't remember the last time I laughed at this show...I can't even remember the last time I made it through an entire episode without getting so bored I turned it off.

RallyBowl
10-29-2005, 11:25 PM
Big surprise. Had to work the Cubs and Red sox in there somehow.

Good job, Scotty.

Fey and Poehler, writers-
BOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

mbwhitesox
10-29-2005, 11:26 PM
yeah I thought that sucked. "people from the northside are usually cub fans...and yuppies" im sure all the north side sox fans are loving that gem.

"this world series was for all cursed teams and for the city of chicago"

I'm all for celebrating the championship with the whole city b/c i know there are sox fans all over the place not just exclusively the southside, but why bring up "other cursed teams" implying the cubs? there is no way in hell this championship was for them!

EDIT: I'm obviously not blaming Scottie since he didn't write any of the skit, it was cool to see him on there but the content was :puking:

SpartanSoxFan
10-29-2005, 11:26 PM
ARRRRRGGGGGHHH HE WAS BRAINWASHED!!!!!!

Seriously though, more national spotlight is never a bad thing, even though he let out the "This win was for all the cursed teams" line.

HotelWhiteSox
10-29-2005, 11:27 PM
Cool to see him, got some Chicago references in, but yeah, it was lame, as expected with anything related to modern day SNL. Sitting through up to that point was torture, forcing this upon someone is the kind of stuff that would stop people from committing crimes

MadetoOrta
Any nationwide reminders that we are the CHAMPIONS OF THE WORLD is good. Lame yes. But good. The only thing missing was a Pods comeback to the Red Sox comment with "Oh, we swept them too."

TheOldRoman

I can't remember the last time I laughed at this show...I can't even remember the last time I made it through an entire episode without getting so bored I turned it off.
Yeah. I watched from the beginning of the show until that point, and now it is off. I haven't watched it in over a year, it is absolute garbage now. I honestly laughed only once during the entire show. They are more focused on expressing their political agenda than providing comedy. Maybe I will try it again in another year.

Mr. N Paul Todd
Seriously though, more national spotlight is never a bad thing, even though he let out the "This win was for all the cursed teams" line.

Agree 100%. Nothing said he had to be there. I thought he did pretty well.

house215
10-29-2005, 11:29 PM
I'm glad he called Cub fans yuppies.

Huisj
10-29-2005, 11:30 PM

No kidding. Actually, I think I can remember--I watched it a lot with some buddies my senior year of high school and then for a little while my freshman year of college. I think part way through that year though, it just started getting worse and worse, and it's been a good 3 or 4 years now since I watched it much at all.

cheeses_h_rice
10-29-2005, 11:31 PM
That was at least better than anything else on that show tonight. Seriously, SNL has long outlived its usefulness, and hasn't been the least bit funny in at least 5 years.

kninchicago
10-29-2005, 11:33 PM
They are more focused on expressing their political agenda than providing comedy.

That is what I hate about this show, it's all political whining, I hear it all day at work :rolleyes:. It's so old hat now.

And being a Roscoe Village Sox fan, a mile from Wrigley, I find the whole Madison dividing line annoying. Just because something is close to you doesn't mean you automatically like it. I'd rather drive to a good grocery store than walk to a dumpy one.

It could have been much more amusing if it involved singing Journey live or something.

chisoxmike
That was at least better than anything else on that show tonight. Seriously, SNL has long outlived its usefulness, and hasn't been the least bit funny in at least 5 years.

SNL has been useless for a few years now. The last great cast was with Will Ferral, Chris Kattan, Derral Hammond, Molly Shannon, Norm McDonald, Colin Quinn, Tracy Morgan, Cheri Orteri, etc.

Lorenzo Barcelo
It was kinda interesting hearing the references to the two commercials b/c no one outside of Chicago would know what they were talking about. I did cringe when Scotty said the "cursed line"

shbart
10-29-2005, 11:34 PM
I was surprised by how " Chicago localized" the piece was to do in front of a New York audience. Moo&Oink, Celozzi/Ettleson references?!...

CJLove23
I miss Chris Farley!! Can you imagine if he interviewed Scottie as the nervous talk show host: "Scott, r-r-remember when you hit that homerun to win game 2?...That was cool..." SNL sucks now

SOXintheBURGH
Recap?? Anyone? Bueller?

TornLabrum
It was kinda interesting hearing the references to the two commercials b/c no one outside of Chicago would know what they were talking about. I did cringe when Scotty said the "cursed line"

Hell, the way they mispronounced Celozzi, no one in Chicago would have recognized it.

Realist
10-29-2005, 11:35 PM
Crap. I missed the Podsednik bit, but then again I haven't watched that show since Belushi and Ackroyd left... so I guess I've missed a lot.

DickAllen72
10-29-2005, 11:35 PM
Well that sucked.

I can't believe I actually wasted my time watching SNL for that.

1951Campbell
10-29-2005, 11:37 PM
SNL is lame now...

Christ, do you remember the season with Anthony Michael Hall? As bad is it is now, there will always be one season that was worse...

But it truly is a playground for aging Boomers and their young little suck-ups now...

RadioheadRocks
I was surprised by how " Chicago localized" the piece was to do in front of a New York audience. Moo&Oink, Celozzi/Ettleson references?!...

"Muh-muh-muh-Moo and Oink!!!" :D:

OEO Magglio
Scott better have got paid a ton just to sit through that whole show, I feel bad for him. I sat through whatever it was until he came on and I feel like I should have been paid because of it. Atleast he made me laugh then the rest of the show, I hate snl even more though for making him spit out that cursed line.

South Side
10-29-2005, 11:38 PM
Wow... you guys are a fun bunch! Geez... if someone told you a year ago that a Chicago White Sox player was going to be on Weekend Update would you have believed them? Savor the moment people...:rolleyes:

ViPeRx007
I'm in the mountain time zone so SNL just started here. I'm assuming Scott makes his appearance during Weekend Update?

Chips

Cellozzi-Ettelson were nationally known with their "where you always save more money" line. There were national commericals for Wendy's, Pizza Hut, and some other places like that where they would say that line.

But the skit sucked. WE WERE NEVER ****ING CURSED.

LuvSox
I can't believe I sat through that much of SNL. :D:

Good job Scotty!

ChiSoxGirl
10-29-2005, 11:39 PM
SNL has been useless for a few years now. The last great cast was with Will Ferral, Chris Kattan, Derral Hammond, Molly Shannon, Norm McDonald, Colin Quinn, Tracy Morgan, Cheri Orteri, etc.

AGREED! The Roxbury Brothers, The Spartan Cheerleaders, etc... all awesome skits that are missed! I haven't watched that show in years.

cheeses_h_rice
10-29-2005, 11:39 PM
Recap?? Anyone? Bueller?

The basic gist of it was Tina Fey and Amy Poehler insisting they were longtime White Sox fans from way back when, since they were both from Chicago. As Pods continued to ask them questions about where they lived, they continued to prove their ignorance of the south side and White Sox (calling it "Comiskey Field", for example). Pods finally told them, "You know, if you're Cubs fans, it's OK," and they finally admitted that they were Cub fans and one of them was a Red Sox fan. Pods said this championship was for all the cursed teams and all of Chicago. For Skokie? Yes. Wilmette? Yes. Schaumburg? Uh, no.

HotelWhiteSox
10-29-2005, 11:40 PM
Maybe he meant it as a synonym for 'misfortune'. Whatever way you spin it, he was reading off a script written by some dunce that helps out with the rest of those hilarious skits. Too bad nobody probably watches this anymore, we'd probably have more fans (that could be bad too), mainly the ladies, the blonde was getting weak in the knees. "Look at the face on him!". You wish girl, someone hasn't heard of his fiance...

TommyJohn
10-29-2005, 11:41 PM
I just wasted an hour of my life watching and waiting for that, an hour that
could have been spent doing something more useful than watching SNL;
like nothing at all.

HotelWhiteSox
10-29-2005, 11:41 PM
I miss Chris Farley!! Can you imagine if he interviewed Scottie as the nervous talk show host: "Scott, r-r-remember when you hit that homerun to win game 2?...That was cool..." SNL sucks now

Bwhahahaha, I could sooo imagine that. I just recorded a "Best of Chris Farley" SNL episode on E!, awesome.

Banix12
10-29-2005, 11:43 PM

And even that cast wasn't all that good.

It wasn't a bad appearance, I never expect much from these things when an athlete does a walk on, or hosts. The only time I think I ever laughed when an athlete hosted was the Joe Montana episode, maybe Michael Jordan.

Anyway, I never thought I would hear "Moo and Oink" on SNL, that was what I got the biggest kick out of honestly. Though I haven't seen a Celozzi & Ettleson commercial in like ten years, i thought they went their separate ways and opened separate car dealerships.

It was what it was. It's just nice to see him on there. And yeah, the show largely sucked. Though I kinda giggled at the Aunt Jemima thing.

OEO Magglio
10-29-2005, 11:43 PM
Wow... you guys are a fun bunch! Geez... if someone told you a year ago that a Chicago White Sox player was going to be on Weekend Update would you have believed them? Savor the moment people...:rolleyes:
Very cool to see him on the show and he did a good job, I'm just saying snl is horrendous right now and I can't believe they made him spit out that cursed line.

fquaye149
10-29-2005, 11:44 PM
Maybe he meant it as a synonym for 'misfortune'. Whatever way you spin it, he was reading off a script written by some dunce that helps out with the rest of those hilarious skits. Too bad nobody probably watches this anymore, we'd probably have more fans (that could be bad too), mainly the ladies, the blonde was getting weak in the knees. "Look at the face on him!". You wish girl, someone hasn't heard of his fiance...

Amy Poehler, the blonde, is married to the actor who plays Gob Bluth on Arrested Development.

iamkoza
Jeez, hope you didn't blink. They did get a big appluse when they said the White Sox won their first world series title in 88 years.

those applause signs really do wonders dont they? Most of the time the only funny parts of the show is when something goes wrong... and you laugh at that.

Was I the only one who caught at the end of that piece how Fey and Poehler were talking about how good pods was looking?

SOXintheBURGH

It wasn't a bad appearance, I never expect much from these things when an athlete does a walk on, or hosts. The only time I think I ever laughed when an athlete hosted was the Joe Montana episode, maybe Michael Jordan.

Anyway, I never thought I would hear "Moo and Oink" on SNL, that was what I got the biggest kick out of honestly. Though I haven't seen a Celozzi & Ettleson commercial in like ten years, i thought they went their separate ways and opened separate car dealerships.

It was what it was. It's just nice to see him on there. And yeah, the show largely sucked. Though I kinda giggled at the Aunt Jemima thing.

A few of the Jordan things were funny.

"The First Black Harlem Globetrotter" skit with Jordan was hilarious, as was when he was on Stuart Smally; and the Super Fans skit when he did the "Da Bulls! Da Bulls! Da Bulls!" dance with Farley still makes me laugh.

Deadguy
10-29-2005, 11:45 PM
Sadly, the only laugh out loud moment on SNL in the past 5 years is the Ashlee Simpson incident last year.

TheOldRoman
10-29-2005, 11:45 PM
Amy Poehler, the blonde, is married to the actor who plays Gob Bluth on Arrested Development.
I've never seen that show, but I am guessing he is funnier than his wife. It would be humanly impossible to be any less funny.

cheeses_h_rice
10-29-2005, 11:46 PM
I've never seen that show, but I am guessing he is funnier than his wife. It would be humanly impossible to be any less funny.
Gob Bluth is one of the funniest characters to grace the TV screen in the last 10 years, so yes, you're correct.

darklord23
10-29-2005, 11:47 PM
Cmon Pods, I'm in Schaumburg!

me too, it couldnt have been another city.

SOXintheBURGH
10-29-2005, 11:48 PM
Gob Bluth is one of the funniest characters to grace the TV screen in the last 10 years, so yes, you're correct.

And, you my friend, are correct in that statement. Sometimes I look at Gob before he says anything and soil myself amidst laughter.

chisoxfanatic
10-29-2005, 11:48 PM
Scottie represented all of us very well; but, if he weren't on with two complete BIMBOS, it would've been MUCH better!

And this was NOT for "ALL of Chicago." Frig, I'm not sharing this with Cub fans...This is a SOX/SOX FAN ONLY kind of thing with this World Series title!

Kogs35
10-29-2005, 11:51 PM
tuesday night, ozzie,jd,and aj will be on leno

Magglios_Girl
10-29-2005, 11:59 PM
tuesday night, ozzie,jd,and aj will be on leno

TornLabrum
10-30-2005, 12:01 AM

That was Mrs. Butterworth.

CLR01
10-30-2005, 12:02 AM
Scottie represented all of us very well; but, if he weren't on with two complete BIMBOS, it would've been MUCH better!

And this was NOT for "ALL of Chicago." Frig, I'm not sharing this with Cub fans...This is a SOX/SOX FAN ONLY kind of thing with this World Series title!

:rolleyes: A staff member.

tebman
10-30-2005, 12:16 AM
Nice to see Pods on a national show.

A shame that the bit was so lame. Fey and Pohler really did live in Chicago for several years when they worked at Second City, so they were probably the ones who wrote that. I'm sure they found it amusing when they cooked it up.

It was just an opportunity wasted. They could have done jokes on sweeping the Red Sox (hell, they could've brought Johnny Damon back on there to appear with Scott), or even a series of jokes about how the Yankees and Red Sox were expected to play again. Instead they made it self-referential, which is just lazy ("I used to live in Chicago -- I'm a big White Sox fan!" Hardy-har-har).

SNL goes through phases from funny to lame, and it's in a lame mode now. It's all in the writing. Rocky and Bullwinkle had the poorest, cheesiest cartoon animation, but the writing was so good it didn't matter. SNL has had stretches like that, but its not in one of them now. It's just a pity that Scott got wheeled out there surrounded by unfunny jokes.

HotelWhiteSox
10-30-2005, 12:21 AM
me too, it couldnt have been another city.

At least we've got Tad! :D:

SOXintheBURGH
10-30-2005, 12:22 AM
Nice to see Pods on a national show.

A shame that the bit was so lame. Fey and Pohler really did live in Chicago for several years when they worked at Second City, so they were probably the ones who wrote that. I'm sure they found it amusing when they cooked it up.

It was just an opportunity wasted. They could have done jokes on sweeping the Red Sox (hell, they could've brought Johnny Damon back on there to appear with Scott), or even a series of jokes about how the Yankees and Red Sox were expected to play again. Instead they made it self-referential, which is just lazy ("I used to live in Chicago -- I'm a big White Sox fan!" Hardy-har-har).

SNL goes through phases from funny to lame, and it's in a lame mode now. It's all in the writing. Rocky and Bullwinkle had the poorest, cheesiest cartoon animation, but the writing was so good it didn't matter. SNL has had stretches like that, but its not in one of them now. It's just a pity that Scott got wheeled out there surrounded by unfunny jokes.

The only thing I know about SNL right now, is that one of the GOODBURGER kids is on it.

:chunks

LuvSox
10-30-2005, 12:25 AM
The only thing I know about SNL right now, is that one of the GOODBURGER kids is on it.

Is that the slightly overweight African-American gentlemen?

kninchicago
10-30-2005, 01:42 AM
I just went over to a TV forum and people there actually liked Pods segment. Bless their hearts. Well at least it gets more people aware of the White Sox and gives them a positive view of the organization.

Banix12
10-30-2005, 01:16 AM
I just went over to a TV forum and people there actually liked Pods segment. Bless their hearts. Well at least it gets more people aware of the White Sox and gives them a positive view of the organization.

I didn't think it was a bad little skit. Certainly not comic gold but I was just excited to see Pods on the show.

And everybody who mentioned the applause, yeah, that was the important bit.

The rest of the show, not so great.

ATXBMX
10-30-2005, 01:40 AM
At least we've got Tad! :D:

I think Iguchi lives in Arlington Heights.

DoItForDanPasqua
10-30-2005, 01:46 AM
i can't understand why they listed any of those suburbs, the sox play in chicago.

m3po
10-30-2005, 02:06 AM
anyone got a vid cap?

ChampaignSoxFan
10-30-2005, 02:16 AM
You know, since it is based in NYC, they didn't have to do anything at all. I was happy they tried to do a bit with it and Scottie didn't hurt his national sponsorship chances at all with it. It's a cheesy comedy show guys, and they gave one of our boys a chance to look good on network TV. Take it for what it is--they TRIED at least to make fun of Cubs fans.

CLR01
10-30-2005, 03:21 AM
i can't understand why they listed any of those suburbs, the sox play in chicago.

:whiner::whiner::whiner::whiner::whiner::whiner:

TornLabrum
10-30-2005, 06:22 AM

Just a guess but possibly because of the 8 million people who live in the metropolitan area, about 5 million live in the 'burbs.

hose
10-30-2005, 07:08 AM
The guy that plays Cheney is pretty funny, loved the skit.

Scottie did a great job.:bandance: :bandance: :bandance: :bandance:

The pancake skit had me laughing......click off went the tv.

I haven't watched SNL in a long long time, now I remember why.

hose
10-30-2005, 07:13 AM
http://us.ent4.yimg.com/tv.yahoo.com/images/he/photo/tv_pix/nbc/saturday_night_live_episode_photos/darrell_hammond/snl4.jpg

this guy plays a good clinton also

Crede_Fan
10-30-2005, 07:36 AM
Haven't laughed at SNL since they had The Rock in drag. And that was a long time ago.

hose
10-30-2005, 07:40 AM
:garcia:

"Are you talking to me ? , I don't wear no dresses pal."

fquaye149
10-30-2005, 07:55 AM

You should stop making assumptions. Yes the actor who plays Gob is hilarious (sorry I keep blanking on my name). However Amy Poehler is also very funny, as anyone who has ever seen the Upright Citizens Brigade can tell you. On SNL she is hamstrung by bad writing.

tstrike2000
10-30-2005, 08:18 AM
Wow, the show was so bad that my wife was playing with the dog before it started and they both fell asleep about 10 minutes into the show. I almost did until Pods came on. That was horribly unfunny. The only thing was was cool was that Pods was on there and they made some Chicago references. It wasn't very good, but the whole show sucks. They need to get Tina Fey out as head writer and out of the show period.

rmusacch
10-30-2005, 08:26 AM

That is a character that she plays. She is married to Will Arnett of Arrested Development. I didn't realize Scott was engaged to Lisa Dergan.

gogochisox1917
10-30-2005, 09:52 AM
Had I not read it on here, I never would have know that Scotty was going to be on SNL. I have not watched that show in years. I was hoping that they would have at least mentioned his name during the opening credits. Maybe a few more people would have stayed tuned in as he did not even make his appearance until about half way through the show. I almost turned it off, but I'm glad I suffered through the first half of the show to see him :D: .

michned
10-30-2005, 10:20 AM
You know, since it is based in NYC, they didn't have to do anything at all. I was happy they tried to do a bit with it and Scottie didn't hurt his national sponsorship chances at all with it...

I think that's the key here for Pods - his people are trying to maximize his marketability while they are able to. Nothing wrong with that, good for him. And I'm sure after he read the sketch he knew it was lame but he was just there to read the lines. It's not like they were going to give him creative input or anything.

Besides, I hear they throw one hell of a party after the show! :D:

BeefyD
10-30-2005, 11:34 AM
Yeah, for what it's worth, it was humourous. Love the Moo&Oink reference. I bet most of the country had no clue, but oh well.

Here's some caps:
http://www.ontheflychicago.com/JOE/pods1.jpg
http://www.ontheflychicago.com/JOE/pods2.jpg
http://www.ontheflychicago.com/JOE/pods3.jpg

MUsoxfan
10-30-2005, 11:51 AM
I guess we wouldn't be Sox fans if we didn't complain about some aspect of everything. The fact is that Scott was on SNL representing the WORLD CHAMPION White Sox. I got a laugh out of a couple things....namely the Schaumburg line and "I flew out of Midway once". They could have just as easily not put him on the show. Just suck it up, relax and try to enjoy things

RhubarbStew
10-30-2005, 12:03 PM
I guess we wouldn't be Sox fans if we didn't complain about some aspect of everything. The fact is that Scott was on SNL representing the WORLD CHAMPION White Sox. I got a laugh out of a couple things....namely the Schaumburg line and "I flew out of Midway once". They could have just as easily not put him on the show. Just suck it up, relax and try to enjoy things

Amen. How many times have we Sox fans cringed at undeserving coverage of other teams and here's the Sox front and center on Saturday Night Live, lame jokes or not. I laughed at the Schaumburg line too.

LongLiveFisk
10-30-2005, 12:05 PM
Had I not read it on here, I never would have know that Scotty was going to be on SNL. I have not watched that show in years. I was hoping that they would have at least mentioned his name during the opening credits. Maybe a few more people would have stayed tuned in as he did not even make his appearance until about half way through the show. I almost turned it off, but I'm glad I suffered through the first half of the show to see him :D: .

I wish I had...I turned it off after about 20 minutes thinking the whole Pods thing was someone's idea of a bad joke (saying he'd be there but he wouldn't).

gf2020
10-30-2005, 01:36 PM

Fquaye149, I think HotelWhiteSox has made a huge mistake.

South Side
10-30-2005, 02:09 PM
Does anyone else want to express for the 30th time how bad the show was? THE SOX ARE WORLD CHAMPIONS! My God....

VeeckAsInWreck
10-30-2005, 02:36 PM

I agree with you all the way. I love the show and Gob is my favorite character. C'mon!

As far as the SNL skit, I'm glad I missed it but I'm sure we'll see it a few times on the WGN Morning News.

krtvmnd
10-30-2005, 07:48 PM
Anyone else catch Scott on SNL Weekend Update last night??? I haven't watched at all this season but I my sister and I watched last night. Tina & Amy were taking about the World Series & they broght Scott on. I am pretty sure that anyone who doesn't live here or didn't at some point thought it wasn't funny but we got a kick out of it. Now this isn't word for word but it went something like this....

Tina & Amy are bothing talking about how they are WS fans and that they are from Chicago....

Scott asks where in Chicago are they from...

Amy says Wrigleyville & Tina says Evanston...

He says well people on the northside are ususally cubs fans...

Amy says she takes the red line to Comisnskey Stadium all the time...

Scotts says its Comiskey Park and acutally that is gone and it US Cellular now...

Amy says that she knows lots of people on the South Side...

Scott asks who?

She says JJ & Thelma.... *good times.. LOL*

Then Scotts asks if they are really WS fans, it is ok if they aren't... and Tina admits she is but then says Amy is a RS fan....

Then the both start singing the Moo & Oink and something Chevy where you always save more money...

Scott says something else then that they won for all the cursed teams and all of Chicagoland...

Amy asks even Skokie?

Scott, yes even Skokie...

Tine asks even Wilmette? (woo hoo cause that is where I work)

Scott, yes even Wilmette...

Amy asks even Schaumburg?

Scott says no not Schaumburg....

~So, it was very funny..... & I wanted to share....:D:

Steph

cwsfannick
10-30-2005, 07:57 PM
I did get a kick out the bit piece that ScoPo had, especially the references to Moo and Oink, Anne Sather and Cellozi Ettelson Chevrolet.

It's great to see the boys get some national recognition off the field.

I want Mags back
10-30-2005, 08:12 PM
They should have invited back Mike Myers and Dana Carvet and have Scott on an episode of Wayne World

Black Sox
10-31-2005, 10:15 AM

The common thread between those two is that they both are on tv shows. The common difference between them is that one of them is on a great tv show with great writing and the other one is one something that seems like it belongs on a public access channel.

nasox
10-31-2005, 10:21 AM

hey guy, you should call that a gob! (whistles)

mattcoz
10-31-2005, 12:20 PM
SNL has been useless for a few years now. The last great cast was with Will Ferral, Chris Kattan, Derral Hammond, Molly Shannon, Norm McDonald, Colin Quinn, Tracy Morgan, Cheri Orteri, etc.Ferrell carried the show, it's been all downhill since he left.
The basic gist of it was Tina Fey and Amy Poehler insisting they were longtime White Sox fans from way back when, since they were both from Chicago.They both worked for a short time in Chicago, but Tina is from Philly and Amy is from Boston.

fquaye149
10-31-2005, 12:59 PM
The common thread between those two is that they both are on tv shows. The common difference between them is that one of them is on a great tv show with great writing and the other one is one something that seems like it belongs on a public access channel.

my point was merely that if I were so inclined to men and I were married to the man who played Gob, I don't think I would be seriously dissatisfied with my marriage. This was opposed to the post I quoted in that post suggesting that Poehler was lusting after Scotty and would be crestfallen to hear about his engagement to Lisa Dergan.

Furthermore, I find Poehler hilarious on Upright Citizens Brigade, one of my favorite shows in the history of television. If you don't that's fine, but don't take shots at her just because she happens to be on a show that is currently the black hole of comedy.

spongyfungy
10-31-2005, 01:22 PM
http://s5.ultrashare.net/hosting/fs/4285778cad678b5c/

donkeylips
10-31-2005, 01:23 PM
A Victory Auto Wreckers reference would have been nice.