View Full Version : Seen Behind the Counter Today at Grandstand

TornLabrum
10-29-2005, 09:52 PM
Dave Wills. Quote of the day:

:wills

"If I was still working, I wouldn't be able to do this!"

zach074
10-29-2005, 10:04 PM
Too bad he didn't stick around one more year and take Roonys job now.

LongLiveFisk
10-29-2005, 10:06 PM
I was at Grandstand today...I must have just missed him.

I didn't miss Juan Uribe, however, who was at the Cell gift shop today. :D:

TornLabrum
10-29-2005, 10:32 PM

I was there between about 5:15 and 5:45.

chisoxmike
10-29-2005, 10:39 PM
I was there between about 5:15 and 5:45.

I was there at the same time! Must have missed you.

ChiSoxGirl
10-29-2005, 10:42 PM
I was there at the same time! Must have missed you.

Was it like insane down there? I have to go because they've got to sew the World Series patch on my jacket and I have to check out the World Series merch. What did you buy?

mike squires
10-29-2005, 10:52 PM
I saw the Harold Baines' bobble behind the counter a month ago...they said it was not for sale.:whiner:

TornLabrum
10-29-2005, 11:40 PM
Was it like insane down there? I have to go because they've got to sew the World Series patch on my jacket and I have to check out the World Series merch. What did you buy?

I bought a World Series Champions cap for Jeff (I ordered mine from MLB.com a few days ago), World Series Champions shirts for Jeff and Mrs. Labrum, and (being basically a very selfish person), a World Series game cap, an AL Champions T-shirt, and a World Series Champions hoodie (which will serve me well in those April games). Dave sold me the caps since that was the counter he was manning.

mike squires
10-29-2005, 11:42 PM
I bought a World Series Champions cap for Jeff (I ordered mine from MLB.com a few days ago), World Series Champions shirts for Jeff and Mrs. Labrum, and (being basically a very selfish person), a World Series game cap, an AL Champions T-shirt, and a World Series Champions hoodie (which will serve me well in those April games). Dave sold me the caps since that was the counter he was manning.

Torn~Please tell me you bought some of those dog tags for Jeff's dogs....(on the mlb site):D:

TornLabrum
10-30-2005, 12:04 AM
Torn~Please tell me you bought some of those dog tags for Jeff's dogs....(on the mlb site):D:

I haven't seen those yet.

South Side
10-30-2005, 12:09 AM

I didn't miss Juan Uribe, however, who was at the Cell gift shop today. :D:

I was there today! What time was Juan there at??

jcw218
10-30-2005, 01:19 AM

I was down there Friday and asked about getting the world series patch sewn on to a jersey. The person with whom I spoke said not to even ask about getting it sewn on right now. I was advised to take it to my favorite tailor.

DumpJerry
10-30-2005, 01:29 AM
Wilsy sold me a tee shirt and hat Saturday (I was there just before 6:00). He was pretty busy, so I left him alone so he could do his job. I was tempted to say "Thanks Bump34," but something told me that would have been goofy.....

He was very nice and personable given how busy it was.

salty99
10-30-2005, 01:32 AM
I was also at Grandstand when Channel 9 WGN news came in and did some intereviews. You could see my wife and I in the background. ALso at Sports Authority they had replica jerseys with no names on them but with a very cool World Series patch wih the word Champions underneath.

LongLiveFisk
10-30-2005, 10:02 AM
I was there today! What time was Juan there at??

I am guessing sometime in the 1:45-2 o'clock range.