PDA

View Full Version : Do you think the Sox should move Soxfest?

pinwheels3530
10-29-2005, 06:24 PM
Does anyone think that the SOX should move Soxfest to McCormick Place to ac comadate the huge amount of people that will want to attend. I know sold out, but by moving the fest to a bigger venue the Sox could release more tickets etc... I know there is a Hyatt hotel near McCormick. so this is possible. The Sox have the potential to make this the biggest Soxfest ever. What does everyone think?

Ol' No. 2
10-29-2005, 06:25 PM
Does anyone think that the SOX should move Soxfest to McCormick Place to ac comadate the huge amount of people that will want to attend. I know sold out, but by moving the fest to a bigger venue the Sox could release more tickets etc... I know there is a Hyatt hotel near McCormick. so this is possible. The Sox have the potential to make this the biggest Soxfest ever. What does everyone think?I'm sure they have contracts with the Hyatt. No chance.

pinwheels3530
10-29-2005, 06:34 PM
I'm sure they have contracts with the Hyatt. No chance.

Doesn't they Hyatt have a hotel at McCormick place?

Ol' No. 2
10-29-2005, 06:37 PM
Doesn't they Hyatt have a hotel at McCormick place?So? Just because you have a contract with one doesn't mean you can just transfer it to another. And anyway, it's pretty unlikely that the place isn't booked.

antitwins13
10-29-2005, 06:38 PM
I hope they move it and sell more tickets but that would rip off all of the Sox fans who had hotel reservations at the Hyatt under the notion that Sox fest would be there.

Frankfan4life
10-29-2005, 06:42 PM
Maybe they can add another day. I know it would depend upon whether the players would agree to it and if the hotel can accomodate it.

Those of us without tickets can only hope.

soxwon
10-29-2005, 06:47 PM
2007 Sox fest will be in Rosemont Hyatt.

Mohoney
10-29-2005, 06:54 PM
McCormick Place is (supposedly, I haven't seen a concrete schedule yet) going to get 3 trade shows displaced by Hurricane Katrina, and they are scheduled to take place before the Auto Show. There would be absolutely no chance that one of these 3 shows wouldn't be moving in, running, or moving out during the time scheduled for SoxFest.

Navy Pier's exhibit hall could be a more feasible possibility, but I'm not sure about their schedule, either.

Chips
10-29-2005, 07:01 PM
Keep it where it's at because I've got my hotel reserved.
They can host it at the McCormick Place in future years.

Palehose13
10-29-2005, 07:32 PM
The best thing about SoxFest is having the hotel for the weekend and seeing the guys afterwards. I have never stood in one line for an autograph. I usually carry a small backpack and get autographs when I see the guys around. The garage sale, clinics, and booths are what I do during the day.