PDA

View Full Version : Crede HBP end of series?

wassagstdu
10-29-2005, 04:54 PM
I think Oswalt hit Crede intentionally, even though it made no logical sense. More importantly, Crede thought so, and so did Phil Garner or he wouldn't have lost it so badly. Here's a theory. Even though he had two strikes on Crede, Oswalt knew Crede is a better contact hitter with two strikes, and he had a sudden flash of Crede embarrassing him again. So he took out his anger by drilling him without thinking it through. Or maybe he did think it through and decided to face Uribe instead. But whether that is true or not, Garner and the Astros' bench had to think it was, or might be. Everything was on Oswalt's shoulders, and if his teammates suspected that he did not think he could get Crede out, from that moment they were beaten. They didn't give up, but sometimes it's the same thing.

Here's another spin. By shouting at Oswalt on his way to first, Crede planted the thought in the Astros' minds that it might be intentional. Same result.

CHEESESOXER
10-29-2005, 04:56 PM
What did Crede shout at him?

doublem23
10-29-2005, 04:57 PM
Yes, I think Roy Oswalt plunked Joe to load the bases with 2 out with his team already trailing by 1 in a must-win game in the World Series.

:rolleyes:

Fuller_Schettman
10-29-2005, 04:57 PM
This may have been a key point in the series. Ozzie could have retaliated and hit 1 or 2 of their studs. But this may well have "awoken the sleeping giant". Ozzie was WAY too smart to step into that trap. Crede paid the price, but I'm certain he would do it again in a heartbeat.

End result was that Houston never did get energized and we swept!

Unregistered
10-29-2005, 05:00 PM
This may have been a key point in the series. Ozzie could have retaliated and hit 1 or 2 of their studs. But this may well have "awoken the sleeping giant". Ozzie was WAY too smart to step into that trap. Crede paid the price, but I'm certain he would do it again in a heartbeat.

End result was that Houston never did get energized and we swept!
I don't think there's ever a good time in the World Series to put the tying run on base by hitting him on purpose. That would just be terrible baseball...

Domeshot17
10-29-2005, 05:02 PM
what crede shouted would get anyone banned for saying. I hope I dont for this, but the first bad word started was a slang for intercourse, then a female dog, then 3 steps later a bad word for the female reproductive units.

There is no easy way to break down what carl and garner yelled, it involved a lot of doing your own mom, carl being overweight, and my girlfriend swore she read some racist words off garners lips, which got they " HEY THATS ENOUGH" from the umpire

I really hope I said this cleanly enough to be understood, but didnt cross the line.

CHEESESOXER
10-29-2005, 05:16 PM
what crede shouted would get anyone banned for saying. I hope I dont for this, but the first bad word started was a slang for intercourse, then a female dog, then 3 steps later a bad word for the female reproductive units.

There is no easy way to break down what carl and garner yelled, it involved a lot of doing your own mom, carl being overweight, and my girlfriend swore she read some racist words off garners lips, which got they " HEY THATS ENOUGH" from the umpire

I really hope I said this cleanly enough to be understood, but didnt cross the line.

So, Crede didn't lie?:D:

havelj
10-29-2005, 05:35 PM
We'll see them again in June - hit the first batter.

MadetoOrta
10-29-2005, 07:01 PM
Pitching inside is the name of the game in baseball. The best pitchers do it and - occasionally - hit batters. Oswalt didn't intend to load the bases. On the flip side Joltin Joe had a right to suspect trouble in light of the fact that he went deep on Oswalt in the same inning. That's baseball. Garner's reaction reminded me of LaRussa's reaction in Game 3 of the ALCS when the Sox lost their composure and, arguably, the series against Baltimore.