PDA

View Full Version : World Series Ticket Promotion = Season Ticket Holders

Pulaski
10-29-2005, 03:20 PM
Does anyone have the specific number of season tickets holders the Sox had for the 2005 season?

With the World Series Ticket Promotion (sign up for 2006 season tickets and you may get World Series Tickets) I wonder how many more season ticket holders the Sox have added. Does anyone have an inside information on this topic?

SouthSide_HitMen
10-29-2005, 03:55 PM
Does anyone have the specific number of season tickets holders the Sox had for the 2005 season?

With the World Series Ticket Promotion (sign up for 2006 season tickets and you may get World Series Tickets) I wonder how many more season ticket holders the Sox have added. Does anyone have an inside information on this topic?

http://www.suntimes.com/output/sox/cst-nws-soxtix19.html

I don't know how accurate it is but the article mentioned 11,000 season tickets headed into the World Series. IIRC over 3,000 new season ticket seats were added during World Series week. I would assume at least a 90 - 99% renewal for the 11,000 current season ticket holders.

I am assuming the 11 and 3 thousand numbers are full season tickets meaning there are thousands more who had 27 game packages not to mention the 13 game and grinder plans.

Tickets to many White Sox games (outside of April and May) will be tough to get next season.

doublem23
10-29-2005, 04:00 PM
Tickets to many White Sox games (outside of April and May) will be tough to get next season.

Yep, no more walking up to the park 10 minutes before game time on a 1/2 priced Monday.

Pulaski
10-29-2005, 04:07 PM

I don't know how accurate it is but the article mentioned 11,000 season tickets headed into the World Series. IIRC over 3,000 new season ticket seats were added during World Series week. I would assume at least a 90 - 99% renewal for the 11,000 current season ticket holders.

I am assuming the 11 and 3 thousand numbers are full season tickets meaning there are thousands more who had 27 game packages not to mention the 13 game and grinder plans.

Great Info! Thanks.

Pulaski
10-29-2005, 04:11 PM
Yep, no more walking up to the park 10 minutes before game time on a 1/2 priced Monday.

I wonder if they will still have 1/2 price Mondays. With winning the World Series, I imagine some of the 1/2 price deals will change. I could see the Sox having 1/2 price Monday only for Upper Deck. The Sox changed the Pepsi 1/2 price Tuesdays for 2005 to buy one, get one in the Upper Deck

It will be a very interesting how the Sox decide the market, promote and run promotions for 2006.

Paulwny
10-29-2005, 04:11 PM

The price of success.

ewokpelts
10-29-2005, 04:46 PM

Tickets to many White Sox games (outside of April and May) will be tough to get next season.i dis agree...it'll be a buyer's paradise...brokers bought into the ws ticket offer(since they also held st accounts, they were given offers to addon or upgrade plans for ws tix)......and now all the newly minted st holders will want to cash out some of thier games.....aside fromkey series...prices will be LOWER than last year on the street
Gene

Pulaski
10-29-2005, 05:10 PM
i dis agree...it'll be a buyer's paradise...brokers bought into the ws ticket offer(since they also held st accounts, they were given offers to addon or upgrade plans for ws tix)......and now all the newly minted st holders will want to cash out some of thier games.....aside fromkey series...prices will be LOWER than last year on the street
Gene

That is an interesting thought. I do believe that with more "true" season ticket holders that some of the better seats will not be available.

With the World Series Victory, I have a feeling that more companies and fans will sign up for season tickets. I do know that are company is considering 4 season tickets in the Club Level.

BeefyD
10-29-2005, 05:13 PM
I have to agree with the above statement. Die hard fans weren't the only ones signing up for the season plan. Brokers would have made their money back on the WS tickets and next years opening day and Cubs/Sox tickets.

Not to mention other people who went from 27 game plans to 81 game plans. I think a bunch of people will be selling tickets during mid-season.

I'm sure if you posted a thread right now asking to split someone's season ticket package, there's a few people out there who got caught up in the hype for the WS tickets and are now thinking "I have to go to 81 games. Uh oh."

ewokpelts
10-29-2005, 06:35 PM
I have to agree with the above statement. Die hard fans weren't the only ones signing up for the season plan. Brokers would have made their money back on the WS tickets and next years opening day and Cubs/Sox tickets.

Not to mention other people who went from 27 game plans to 81 game plans. I think a bunch of people will be selling tickets during mid-season.

I'm sure if you posted a thread right now asking to split someone's season ticket package, there's a few people out there who got caught up in the hype for the WS tickets and are now thinking "I have to go to 81 games. Uh oh."

Brokers likely bought the cheapest plan possible(UDR). If they sold all thier ws tix(likely), the UDR season tix would be free to them...they'll have no true motivation to sell most of those as hard as cubs/astros/cards/blow sawks/yanks/opening day

as for the regular fans, there are quite a few people on craigslist looking to join in on plans, and just as many looking to sell chunks of st plans
Gene

SouthSide_HitMen
10-29-2005, 11:45 PM
i dis agree...it'll be a buyer's paradise...brokers bought into the ws ticket offer(since they also held st accounts, they were given offers to addon or upgrade plans for ws tix)......and now all the newly minted st holders will want to cash out some of thier games.....aside fromkey series...prices will be LOWER than last year on the street
Gene

Ewok you were addressing scalping / street value of tickets which I wasn't. I am talking about going to the website a few days before the game to look for seats. Many families and people from out of town want to buy their tickets directly from the White Sox and know their purchase is safe and secure and in place before heading down. What tickets are left to the general public after all the Season Ticket orders have been processed (the 14,000 already in place plus I would assume additional orders of full and partial tickets accounting for thousands of additional seats per game) will leave not many left in the lower level. When I bought my 2006 Full Season Tickets they were down to Section 113 in the Lower Deck which was too far down the line for me so I opted for Upper Deck seats just to get the order in and I plan on going down there this week to possible upgrade depending on what is available (first few rows in the Lower Deck OF or Premium UD Box if I can't get good lower deck box).

I agree there will be a tickets season ticket holders will be trying to get rid of extras (I will be one of them as I cannot attend 81 games) but I think the White Sox will draw more fans - some fans who have not come out to the park in recent years will return to the fold and you will get more casual baseball fans and gasp even some of the people from the Cub bandwagon. The White Sox averaged just under 30,000 this year and there were many sellouts or near sellouts. People are going to want to get seats either downstairs or in the infield Upper Deck and I bet advance sales at Sox Fest leading up to opening day combined with the increased season ticket base will be outstanding. I predict at least 40 - 50 sell outs or near sell outs (35,000 to full capacity) next season and if they are as good as this year the whole second half may be scarce. I think April and May will be 5,000 + above normal and the summer will be jammed packed. As long as the White Sox continue to do well look for increased interest both at the park and in the media.

While it sucked 4,000 or so additional fans couldn't come out for the World Series due to the rows removed from the upper deck, this decrease seating capacity adds to the scarcity of tickets. People buy most / all of the tickets at Fenway and Wrigley in the winter because they know that is the only time they will be available and the seating capacity is smaller than any other park.

Successful teams with huge parks (the Yankees come to mind) rarely sell out seats until the day of the game as they have huge numbers of seats in the upper reaches. They still fill them but people do not panic and buy them in January.