PDA

View Full Version : 2006 Soxfest- Who is going?

Dan Mega
10-29-2005, 03:51 PM
I was only able to get Saturday tickets. Anyone else going? (Probably)

Another question, I keep hearing things about Soxfest being overcrowded, not being able to do anything cause lines are too long, and the only people that get to party with the players are those that got the hotel packages. Whitesox.come doesn't have much info on line yet.

I wasn't able to go last year. But are the above things true?

krohnjw
10-29-2005, 03:57 PM
I have the hotel package and weekend tickets :D: Using all 4 though (sorry).

From previous years experience, it is crowded but not horrible. If you want to go for autographs be prepared to wait in some long lines. Otherwise it's not too bad. Anyone can party with the players at the Big Bar upstairs as the night comes. AFAIK they don't check to see if you are a guest and anyone can get in the bar.

It will be pretty crowded, the seminars are usually SRO, but what else can you expect. 1 word of advice, go to the garage sale on Day 1 or most of the good stuff will be gone. Although I expect to see a higher demand (and possibly higher prices) this year.

All in all it is a lot of fun though. Get there early though for Sat. The line starts forming EARLY in the morning. I am talking 6:00 - 6:30 we were in line last year to get in.

The Wimperoo
10-29-2005, 05:30 PM
My girlfriend called and ordered the weekend package like the first week it was available. When do you get your Soxfest tickets? Do they mail them to you ahead of time or do you just get them when you check into the hotel?

krohnjw
10-29-2005, 05:54 PM
We got them the day they went on sale. You will get the tickets when you check in.

HotelWhiteSox
10-29-2005, 06:06 PM
They usually release the schedules at least a couple days before the first day. If you are going for autographs, you have to gameplan beforehand! Expect to wait get in line early. No matter what, you'll wait, either a lot earlier to be in front of the line or you'll be at the end if you don't get there early, and there's no guarantee you'll make the cutoff and if you do the wait will probably be longer. I don't remember if it was sold out last year or year's past, but it'll probably be insane, but have fun! There are plenty of cool things, including the memorbilia stands, and the seminars/Q@A's, which is another reason you want to schedule out your day before hand, since they can overlap with signings. In the end, remember to have fun!

Uncle_Patrick
10-29-2005, 06:08 PM
I'm going on Saturday with my brother.

BeefyD
10-29-2005, 06:26 PM
I got Paulie's autograph on a bat two years ago. I believe the wait in line was 4-5 hours. Baines and Thomas were signing together, and the line was full when we got there at 8:30am. All of the people staying in the hotel beat us to it.

However, the garage sale is very cool. Hindsight has me wishing I was going again just for that.

WCCJESSE
10-29-2005, 06:31 PM
I was able to get tickets if you have an extra one please hook me up:whiner:

Hagan
10-29-2005, 07:30 PM
I got sox fest tickets and I will be there once again!

Theanticub
10-29-2005, 07:37 PM
/cry I have a wedding out of town that weekend /cry /cry :whiner:

chisoxfanatic
10-29-2005, 08:49 PM
Will tickets be available to those who purchase a season ticket plan in the near future?

Palehose13
10-29-2005, 08:54 PM
Will tickets be available to those who purchase a season ticket plan in the near future?

I have no idea. The discounted SoxFest tickets are onyl available for the 27 and 81 plans and we were sent our order form via e-mail last week and had to have them faxed in a day or two later.

bafiarocks03
10-29-2005, 10:35 PM
I'll be there Saturday, and Sunday..Possibly Friday..i have weekend passes, but i'm not sure ill be able to get there Friday, I'm doing my best to arrange all that now..Lol!

WagMan
10-29-2005, 10:42 PM
Well, I thought Soxfest never sold out in years past, so I was just killing time before I bought either a one day ticket or the weekend pass. Well, lo and behold, tickets....they gone! I'll just have to find another way to weasel myself in there. :dunno:

TornLabrum
10-29-2005, 10:54 PM
We've got our weekend package. I'd offer some of my tickets, but right now I'm not sure if any friends or family might want them.

BTW, I'll probably be found most of the time in the Windy City Sox Fans booth (assuming we have one).

TheDarkGundam
10-30-2005, 01:01 AM
Well, I thought Soxfest never sold out in years past, so I was just killing time before I bought either a one day ticket or the weekend pass. Well, lo and behold, tickets....they gone! I'll just have to find another way to weasel myself in there. :dunno:

I know what you mean man! I wanna go! :whiner:

Palehose13
10-30-2005, 01:05 AM
I have the weekend package and I have people fighting to go with me. It looks like I may have to put some people on the floor (4 passes with the package plus 2 extra weekend passes).

Funny, in years past I almost had to beg friends (in Milwaukee) to go with me, now everyone got on the bandwagon this year. I may have helped a bit making sure that the Sox were on at the bar whenever I could. :wink:

TornLabrum
10-30-2005, 01:10 AM
I have the weekend package and I have people fighting to go with me. It looks like I may have to put some people on the floor (4 passes with the package plus 2 extra weekend passes).

Funny, in years past I almost had to beg friends (in Milwaukee) to go with me, now everyone got on the bandwagon this year. I may have helped a bit making sure that the Sox were on at the bar whenever I could. :wink:

Party in Val's room!!!!

Chips
10-30-2005, 01:11 AM
The Dude and I got our 4 weekend passes with the Hotel package. We will be there.

ChiSoxGirl
10-30-2005, 01:12 AM
I'll be there!!!! Thanks to a thread on this site, I found out just how quickly the hotel packages were selling out, so I called 2 1/2 weeks ago to book my room and got in! The earliest I ever booked my room in years past was a couple days after Christmas! I have a feeling SoxFest 2006 is going to be WILD! :D:

LuvSox
10-30-2005, 01:13 AM
I goofed around too long and wasn't able to get tix. :whiner:

The last time we went was in 2003. Very memorable for people giving Kenny grief.

TornLabrum
10-30-2005, 01:19 AM
I goofed around too long and wasn't able to get tix. :whiner:

The last time we went was in 2003. Very memorable for people giving Kenny grief.

Yeah, where has Steff been the last couple of days?

Palehose13
10-30-2005, 01:20 AM
Party in Val's room!!!!

I'm down with that. :cool:

Palehose13
10-30-2005, 01:22 AM
Yeah, where has Steff been the last couple of days?

After the way she was Wednesday night, I'm guessing that she might still be hung over. :o: :wink:

C-Dawg
10-30-2005, 09:34 AM
Well, I thought Soxfest never sold out in years past, so I was just killing time before I bought either a one day ticket or the weekend pass.

It usually sells out every year but never this early. Last year I got my tickets in January, for example.

I'll be there just Saturday. I still haven't sprung for the whole hotel package shebang.

:cool:

veeter
10-30-2005, 10:56 AM
I'll be there on Saturday with my dad.

steff
10-31-2005, 05:25 PM
After the way she was Wednesday night, I'm guessing that she might still be hung over. :o: :wink:

Oh missy.. you were slaggin a bit Thursday morning as well. :tongue:

I've been in heaven the past 5 days. :D:

mattcoz
10-31-2005, 05:30 PM
Didn't think it would sell out so quickly, so I didn't get any tickets. :whiner:

steff
10-31-2005, 06:12 PM
BTW.. We got confirmation on our SF tickets via the Sox for being ST holders. So if you called or faxed the order sheet in you should be ok.

Ol' No. 2
10-31-2005, 06:18 PM
BTW.. We got confirmation on our SF tickets via the Sox for being ST holders. So if you called or faxed the order sheet in you should be ok.I wonder if all the SF tickets they set aside for ST holders will be bought? There could be a small number for sale later.

FedEx227
10-31-2005, 06:24 PM
I know what you mean man! I wanna go! :whiner:

Yeah I've been making a habit of checking the White Sox site and the Sox-Fest ticket site to attempt to find ANYTHING.

I was there last year and would kill to get back there.

soxwon
10-31-2005, 07:02 PM
For those without rooms, The CLUB QUARTERS right across the street from the Hyatt has rooms for $99 a night.

I called they ONLY book through Orbitz, Travelocity etc.

Rooms at the Hyatt are available for $189 a night though thru Orbitz etc.

If you dont have soxfest tix, why book a room for $189 a night?

anyone stayed at CLUB QUARTERS?

Jurr
10-31-2005, 10:45 PM
If you check ebay, you're going to see some jaw-dropping ticket prices for Sox fest. DO NOT BUY THEM NOW.

These dingbats are trying to take advantage of the current buzz regarding the Sox. Expected prices for a day are supposed to average around 85-100 dollars by the time the thing rolls around. At 300 dollars a ticket, you've gotta be kidding me. Hold out, Sox fans. It'll get better.

Chips
10-31-2005, 10:58 PM
If you check ebay, you're going to see some jaw-dropping ticket prices for Sox fest. DO NOT BUY THEM NOW.

These dingbats are trying to take advantage of the current buzz regarding the Sox. Expected prices for a day are supposed to average around 85-100 dollars by the time the thing rolls around. At 300 dollars a ticket, you've gotta be kidding me. Hold out, Sox fans. It'll get better.

I saw one hotel package with the weekend passes going for $5000. Glad I got my tickets though.

Realist
11-01-2005, 07:52 AM
After this past month, they might wanna consider moving Soxfest to McCormick place. Throw another parade into the mix and it's party time!

:moonwalk:

I think the surge in popularity the Sox are going to enjoy may surprise and overwhelm many of us. That parade may be somewhat of a prelude of things to come. This city loves its winners. Just look at what happened to the Bears and Bulls after their championships. There were big piles of people that got swept into the excitement. Practically the entire southside was completely turned on by the Sox huge success. It was a team they could truly identify with.

I don't know if it's too late, but I bet they could go to a bigger venue and triple last years attendance.

steff
11-01-2005, 08:39 AM
I wonder if all the SF tickets they set aside for ST holders will be bought? There could be a small number for sale later.

My guess will be that folks who are ST holders will take the offer. But who knows.

steff
11-01-2005, 08:41 AM

I hope for the sake of those that don't have tickets, that you're right. But somehow I think that after 88 years without a title, those prices are not going to come down just for the simple fact that people want to be there for the opening meetings and O&A.

Iwritecode
11-01-2005, 12:56 PM
I hope for the sake of those that don't have tickets, that you're right. But somehow I think that after 88 years without a title, those prices are not going to come down just for the simple fact that people want to be there for the opening meetings and O&A.

What's the Q&A going to be like this year? We don't have anything to yell at KW about! :wink:

ChiSoxGirl
11-01-2005, 01:03 PM
What's the Q&A going to be like this year? We don't have anything to yell at KW about! :wink:

It'll probably be one giant standing ovation given to him by a PACKED, standing room only ballroom, that should probably last anywhere between 30-40 minutes! :tongue: :bandance: And you know something? He'd deserve every single minute of that standing o!

steff
11-01-2005, 01:12 PM

I'm working on something special for Kenny this year... :wink:

Palehose13
11-01-2005, 01:13 PM

I'm gonna tell him that he's really "da man" now. :cool:

Ol' No. 2
11-01-2005, 03:00 PM
My guess will be that folks who are ST holders will take the offer. But who knows.Not necessarily. Some might have booked the hotel package and not needed the extras. Others are corporate tickets and they might not be into this sort of thing.

HITMEN OF 77
11-01-2005, 06:30 PM
I'll be there. Flying in on Thrusday afternoon and leaving Monday morning. See everyone at the Big Bar....

IggyD
11-19-2005, 10:17 PM
Ordered Mine on Friday and Just got mine today (2 for each day)...see ya over dere

chisoxfan83
11-19-2005, 11:40 PM
im going friday and possibly suinday also depending on my work schedule

sas1974
11-20-2005, 02:20 AM
I've got two tix for each day. I would like to have four total for Saturday. If someone would be willing to trade two of their Saturday tix for two of my tix (Friday/Sunday), please PM me.

jerry myers
11-20-2005, 09:58 AM
My wife and i will be their all 3 days, what else in that area is their for her and i to do , like at night? also we have the package so can we leave with our car without being charged to come back?

Fake Chet Lemon
11-20-2005, 05:39 PM

Kenny actually got a lot of love last year in the Q&A's. Just a few old timers gave him a hard time, but it seemed 95% positive. If anyone has never gone, where else do you get to talk to Ozzie and Kenny and ask them a question? It's awesome, go! I don't care about the autographs, I go for the Q&A's. One ironic thing happened to me:

I ripped Brooks Boyer in a Q&A for all the "pizza races and commercials on the Center Field scoreboard. Get rid of it if that's all it's good for." My 4 year old really got into going to the games this year. Her favorite thing this year......you guessed it. The pizza race. OOOOooooops! Every inning she asks if there will be another one.

Iwritecode
11-20-2005, 05:49 PM
[QUOTE=Fake Chet Lemon]Kenny actually got a lot of love last year in the Q&A's. Just a few old timers gave him a hard time, but it seemed 95% positive. If anyone has never gone, where else do you get to talk to Ozzie and Kenny and ask them a question? It's awesome, go! I don't care about the autographs, I go for the Q&A's. [QUOTE]

Oh I was there for the rip fest and Steff's famous :tsk:

I was also there last year when PH13 told KW "You da man". :wink:

Chicago
12-31-2005, 07:28 PM
Ok well I had decided that I was going to attempt to bid on the 4 weekend passes that were up for auction on whitesox.com that also included a private signing session. Well at end of auction it was way over my budget. So by then Sox Fest was sold out. So here is my question...

Would any of you guys/girls that are attending be willing to maybe... take a WS ball (provided/delivered by me) along and have the players sign it while they also sign ur item??? As far as money... i don't have much, but just let me know... and maybe something could be worked out. Yes I have attended Sox fest previous to this year, and have also been a fan pre '05...

Also, if this is at all against the rules, i apologize. Please delete my post.

Thanks and HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

Brian26
12-31-2005, 08:23 PM
Would any of you guys/girls that are attending be willing to maybe... take a WS ball (provided/delivered by me) along and have the players sign it while they also sign ur item???

Hey- I don't mean to be a downer, but I'm fairly certain they don't allow multiple items to be signed. The lines are always very long, and the last couple of years they've been cracking down on the rules. You're only allowed to get one thing signed. I tried getting Raines to sign a ball and a card last year (in a short line too), and the woman watching the table almost bit my head off.

WinOrDyeTrying
12-31-2005, 08:32 PM
When is it?

Chicago
01-01-2006, 05:05 AM
Hey- I don't mean to be a downer, but I'm fairly certain they don't allow multiple items to be signed. The lines are always very long, and the last couple of years they've been cracking down on the rules. You're only allowed to get one thing signed. I tried getting Raines to sign a ball and a card last year (in a short line too), and the woman watching the table almost bit my head off.

yeah i hear ya... but i've seen guys that have been there with kids/wife that have maybe gotten one thing signed when actually there are more than one in the group... I know its a long shot but maybe just maybe I have a chance... i mean HEY we won the World Series... :bandance: I know when I went they said 1 item but i was able to pull of 2 signatures... lucky probrably but ...???

Happy New Years to you guys... I hope everyone makes it home safe...

Chitown Hitmen
01-01-2006, 10:14 AM
I'm going on a Sunday I think, maybe Saturday. Not sure, I totally forgot about that until someojne brought up this thread. I think we are getting a hotel out there also. I'm SOOOO glad they signed Paul Konerko, but sad Aaron Rowand left.

soxfanreggie
01-01-2006, 12:24 PM
:D: Somebody should ask Kenny if he likes his "Chuck Norris" thread

HITMEN OF 77
01-01-2006, 02:45 PM
I'll be there all 3 days. Flying in on the 25th and leaving on the 30th. So if anyone wants to meet up a day or two before Soxfest let me know.

shoelessjoe90
01-01-2006, 07:52 PM
I will be there on Sunday

Iwritecode
01-01-2006, 09:33 PM
Ok well I had decided that I was going to attempt to bid on the 4 weekend passes that were up for auction on whitesox.com that also included a private signing session. Well at end of auction it was way over my budget. So by then Sox Fest was sold out. So here is my question...

Would any of you guys/girls that are attending be willing to maybe... take a WS ball (provided/delivered by me) along and have the players sign it while they also sign ur item??? As far as money... i don't have much, but just let me know... and maybe something could be worked out. Yes I have attended Sox fest previous to this year, and have also been a fan pre '05...

Also, if this is at all against the rules, i apologize. Please delete my post.

Thanks and HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

I'll have to wait to see what the schedule looks like but I might be able to do it. I always have Mrs. IWC in line with me so I always end up with a signature on two different things anyway.

chisoxmatt
01-02-2006, 12:18 PM
I'm going saturday. I have to see the trophy.. Incase i missed it, can we stand next to the trophy and get a picture with it?

Bobbo35
01-03-2006, 08:22 AM
[quote=Fake Chet Lemon]Kenny actually got a lot of love last year in the Q&A's. Just a few old timers gave him a hard time, but it seemed 95% positive. If anyone has never gone, where else do you get to talk to Ozzie and Kenny and ask them a question? It's awesome, go! I don't care about the autographs, I go for the Q&A's. [quote]

Oh I was there for the rip fest and Steff's famous :tsk:

I was also there last year when PH13 told KW "You da man". :wink:

Ya, that rip fest last year was a jawdropper!

Bobbo35
01-03-2006, 08:24 AM
My buddy and I will be there on Saturday and Sunday. We are staying on Saturday night. How many are going to be in the bar Saturday night?

JohnTucker0814
01-03-2006, 08:57 AM
I'll be there all 3 days... coming up there early on Friday and staying at the hotel. I was one of the first 150 so I get a special Autograph Session again this year! Didn't mean to brag!

steff
01-03-2006, 01:15 PM
[quote=Iwritecode][quote=Fake Chet Lemon]Kenny actually got a lot of love last year in the Q&A's. Just a few old timers gave him a hard time, but it seemed 95% positive. If anyone has never gone, where else do you get to talk to Ozzie and Kenny and ask them a question? It's awesome, go! I don't care about the autographs, I go for the Q&A's.

Ya, that rip fest last year was a jawdropper!

Last year...?

Palehose13
01-03-2006, 02:45 PM
[quote=Bobbo35][quote=Iwritecode]

Last year...?

Yeah, he's mixing up his years.

2004 = steff finger wagging
2005 = "Kenny, you're da man" - ph13

Iwritecode
01-03-2006, 03:24 PM
Yeah, he's mixing up his years.

2004 = steff finger wagging
2005 = "Kenny, you're da man" - ph13

2004 = Rowand hugging Loiaza in the bar and telling him "I love you man"

:wink:

Palehose13
01-03-2006, 03:43 PM
2004 = Rowand hugging Loiaza in the bar and telling him "I love you man"

:wink:

Absolutely.

2005 = drunk ph13 trying to teach drunk Joe Crede how to bunt. It was obvious he didn't listen.

soxwon
01-03-2006, 07:53 PM
wsoxmike59 & me stayin at Club quarters- Anyone Else?

zmz723
01-03-2006, 08:59 PM
got tickets for christmas!!!! :bandance: :bandance: :bandance: :bandance:

34 Inch Stick
01-04-2006, 11:02 AM
Unfortunately the Star Trek convention is in town that weekend so I will not be there.

bayzbol44
01-04-2006, 11:15 AM
All right, who wants to sell me a couple of tickets at a decent price??? :D:

Tekijawa
01-04-2006, 01:18 PM
Last year...?

How would you know?

All time classic!

jugvara
01-04-2006, 01:33 PM
my wife got me the weekend hotel package for soxfest, and i was wondering how kid friendly the environment is. i have a 4 year old, and a 2 year old who have been going to the games with us during the season, any we'll probably be bringing the 4 year old to sox fest with us. does anyone have any idea if there are things to entertain kids during soxfest? thanks ahead of time, and go sox!

Iwritecode
01-04-2006, 01:47 PM
my wife got me the weekend hotel package for soxfest, and i was wondering how kid friendly the environment is. i have a 4 year old, and a 2 year old who have been going to the games with us during the season, any we'll probably be bringing the 4 year old to sox fest with us. does anyone have any idea if there are things to entertain kids during soxfest? thanks ahead of time, and go sox!

It might be tough for you guys to wait in lines for autographs and stuff but they do have a kids room upstairs. Never been in it personally though. They also have a batting cage where a guy soft tosses the balls for the kids to hit. The line for that can be long too.

If at all possible, you might want to bring stuff to keep him entertained like books, gameboy, cards, etc. There's a lot of waiting in line for a lot of stuff.

The Wimperoo
01-04-2006, 04:23 PM
People coming from the suburbs, do you usually drive and park or take the train? I was planning on driving, but saw that parking at the hotel was 39 a night. That's pretty ridiculous to pay around 80 bucks for the entire weekend. My only issue with taking the train is on Sunday, if I have to check out of my room in the morning I would have to carry my bags around all day.

Just curious on what others have done in the past.

Iwritecode
01-04-2006, 04:27 PM
People coming from the suburbs, do you usually drive and park or take the train? I was planning on driving, but saw that parking at the hotel was 39 a night. That's pretty ridiculous to pay around 80 bucks for the entire weekend. My only issue with taking the train is on Sunday, if I have to check out of my room in the morning I would have to carry my bags around all day.

IMO it's worth it to get the valet parking.

You know your car is safe. It's right there if you decide to leave the hotel for any reason or if you forget something. You can check out of the hotel and load all your stuff into it on Sunday afternoon and then go back to the fest afterwards.

IIRC, they've only charged me for one night a few times.

DaleJRFan
01-04-2006, 04:28 PM
got 2 tix for Christmas from my dad for saturday, so I'll be going with the girlfriend... HOORAY! See y'all there... :D:

Ol' No. 2

Just curious on what others have done in the past.Last year the hotel had a special parking rate for SoxFest guests. I haven't checked with them, but I assume it's the same this year. You can leave your bags with the bell captain after checking out and pick them up when you leave.

An alternative is to park in the Millenium Park underground. It's about $14/day and only about a 2 block walk.

Palehose13
IMO it's worth it to get the valet parking.

You know your car is safe. It's right there if you decide to leave the hotel for any reason or if you forget something. You can check out of the hotel and load all your stuff into it on Sunday afternoon and then go back to the fest aftwards.

IIRC, they've only charged me for one night a few times.

Agreed. I've left my car with valet parking the last two years.

Iwritecode
01-04-2006, 04:29 PM
All right, who wants to sell me a couple of tickets at a decent price??? :D:

There's a very slim possibility that I'll have an extra ticket for each day. The only catch is that I won't have the tickets until I get to the hotel...

steff
01-04-2006, 05:17 PM
Agreed. I've left my car with valet parking the last two years.

And it's free in and out.

DannyCaterFan
01-04-2006, 05:24 PM

My wife and I come in from the south suburbs and take the Metra train ($5.00 weekend pass good for both days) We get off at Randolph St. and walk the two blocks to the hotel. Very easy. As far as any luggage concerns, when we check in early Saturday morning we leave the luggage with the concierge. Then again on Suday morning after we check out we leave the luggage there again. Just tip the guy a couple of bucks. Much, much cheaper than spending your money on parking, and you don't have to drive either.

Iwritecode
01-04-2006, 05:27 PM
Last year the hotel had a special parking rate for SoxFest guests. I haven't checked with them, but I assume it's the same this year. You can leave your bags with the bell captain after checking out and pick them up when you leave.

An alternative is to park in the Millenium Park underground. It's about $14/day and only about a 2 block walk.

Ah... so that's what happened. I wondered why my bill was so much cheaper than I expected. :cool:

ChiSoxGirl
01-04-2006, 11:28 PM
Last year the hotel had a special parking rate for SoxFest guests. I haven't checked with them, but I assume it's the same this year. You can leave your bags with the bell captain after checking out and pick them up when you leave.

I got down there on Friday night around 8p last year and the Hyatt's valet was FULL already; first time that's ever happened to me in all the years I've been going to SoxFest! I think it had something to do with the fact that there was a college basketball team staying there that weekend, too, and there were a lot of other events at the Hyatt that weekend. I ended up in some parking garage across the street from the hotel that charged $30/DAY, therefore costing me $60 for the weekend! :angry: That's sure a far cry from the $32 I usually pay to valet at the Hyatt!

Brian26
01-05-2006, 12:03 AM
My wife and I come in from the south suburbs and take the Metra train ($5.00 weekend pass good for both days) We get off at Randolph St. and walk the two blocks to the hotel. Very easy.

We talked about this last year, but you can even take the Pedway from that Metra stop and walk almost the entire distance underground if you don't want to battle the elements.

01-05-2006, 03:12 PM
Now don't kill me here...but I wasn't that big of a Sox Fest Fan....it was like a big flea market really....I do have a very good time at the Big Bar, and talking to other fans, but the Sox Fest in general had just kinda been ho hum to me...