PDA

View Full Version : Rooney's call

slobes
10-29-2005, 03:30 PM
Anyone know if there is anywhere online where you can get Rooney's call of the last out?

michned
10-29-2005, 04:16 PM
Anyone know if there is anywhere online where you can get Rooney's call of the last out?

http://mlb.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/mlb/ps/y2005/audio.jsp?view=ws

Scroll down to Game 4 highlights and there is a link called "White Sox Win World Series," which is Rooney's call. Since this is a stream I don't think you can save it to a file but if you have a program like Total Recorder you should be able to capture and save it as an mp3.

joejacksonsdad
10-29-2005, 05:50 PM
Any chance someone could burn these and post them. There ar some calls from previous games that sen a chill up my spine. I'd like to save them b4 they take them off......

shoelessjoe90
10-30-2005, 12:29 AM
yea that would be cool if somebody could do that, they won't stay there forever

elrod
10-30-2005, 01:33 AM
They re-played the whole 9th inning on AM1000 today. It gave me goosebumps. I can't believe it really happened.

IronFisk
10-30-2005, 02:29 AM
Nice call, but to me, it doesn't compare to the ALCS one. I guess just something about using "White Sox" and "win the pennant" in the same sentence still brings chills.

FarWestChicago
10-30-2005, 02:34 AM
Nice call, but to me, it doesn't compare to the ALCS one. I guess just something about using "White Sox" and "win the pennant" in the same sentence still brings chills.There were so many great Rooney calls in the last couple of weeks. The Pods walkoff is tremendous. :cool:

TheOldRoman
10-30-2005, 02:46 AM
There were so many great Rooney calls in the last couple of weeks. The Pods walkoff is tremendous. :cool:
West, is there any chance of WSI getting access to those files to post on this site? I found the area with the commentary from the clincher in 59, and it was really amazing to hear. How did you get the permission to use those files, and do you plan on getting this year's files?

FarWestChicago
10-30-2005, 11:51 AM
West, is there any chance of WSI getting access to those files to post on this site? I found the area with the commentary from the clincher in 59, and it was really amazing to hear. How did you get the permission to use those files, and do you plan on getting this year's files?Those are questions for George. He's in charge of the content areas of the site. I just tweak any code needed. :smile:

duke of dorwood
10-30-2005, 12:12 PM
Does anyone know if AM 1000 can always play those, or do they have to stop because next year they get broadcast on another "station?"

slobes
10-30-2005, 12:30 PM
http://mlb.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/mlb/ps/y2005/audio.jsp?view=ws

Scroll down to Game 4 highlights and there is a link called "White Sox Win World Series," which is Rooney's call. Since this is a stream I don't think you can save it to a file but if you have a program like Total Recorder you should be able to capture and save it as an mp3.

Thanks. I've made that my answering machine message thing on my cell phone.

TDog
10-30-2005, 12:33 PM
There were so many great Rooney calls in the last couple of weeks. The Pods walkoff is tremendous. :cool:

Anyone who only knows the television call of the Game 2 winner (which I only know from the MLB site) should go to the audio clips to hear the call from someone interested in describing the excitement of a walk-off World Series home run.