PDA

View Full Version : the Moron thinks the Sox may win the division in '02!

cheeses_h_rice
12-14-2001, 11:27 AM
http://www.suntimes.com/output/mariotti/cst-spt-jay14.html

The Sox, in particular, are in prime position after the downsizing of the Cleveland Indians, who all but laid off Chief Wahoo in a gutting that included the great Roberto Alomar.

:moron

Now that David Wells is gone, I luv the Sox!

:iron

Who you crappin'?

Daver
12-14-2001, 11:34 AM
The kiss of death,an endorsement from Jay.

NUCatsFan
12-14-2001, 11:50 AM
Originally posted by daver
The kiss of death,an endorsement from Jay.

Took the words out of my mouth.

:moron
Oh quiet, you Scum Sox

WinningUgly!
12-14-2001, 12:00 PM
Could KB squeeze a few more "ifs" into his little column?

if the Cubs and Sox are aggressive this offseason, they both can make the playoffs in 2002
If MacPhail whiffs on Alou and doesn't land another productive bopper, he will upset Sosa and confirm again that the Tribune Co.
Yes, the Cubs did assume a three-year, $15 million investment in Alex Gonzalez, a defensive upgrade at shortstop and possible all-around steal if he stops striking out so much.
If Ritchie produces and Buehrle maintains his stunning success of last summer, the Sox might be able to hit enough to fend off the Indians and Minnesota Twins and win the American League Central.
But if Ritchie struggles, who will pick up the slack on a vulnerable staff?

Keep throwing crap at the wall Jay, something's bound to stick.

Paulwny
12-14-2001, 12:01 PM
C'mon guys, Jay always "calls'em as he sees'em ", ask him he'll tell you. He doesn't believe Chi. is only a one baseball team city.

MarqSox
12-14-2001, 12:04 PM
Originally posted by WinningUgly!
Could KB squeeze a few more "ifs" into his little column?

Keep throwing crap at the wall Jay, something's bound to stick.

In defense of Moronboy, it would be poor journalistic style for him to say "When" all the time instead of "If." "When" would imply that he can see the future, which I'm sure he thinks he can, but, hey.

FarWestChicago
12-14-2001, 12:05 PM
Originally posted by daver
The kiss of death,an endorsement from Jay. It's much worse than that, Daver. We have Boston on board, too. We are beyond doomed... :smile:

WinningUgly!
12-14-2001, 12:06 PM
Originally posted by Paulwny
C'mon guys, Jay always "calls'em as he sees'em ", ask him he'll tell you. He doesn't believe Chi. is only a one baseball team city.

Yeah, he sits his fat ass on the middle of the fence during the offseason, we all know where he'll be once the season starts!

cheeses_h_rice
12-14-2001, 12:25 PM
Originally posted by FarWestChicago
It's much worse than that, Daver. We have Boston on board, too. We are beyond doomed... :smile:

:ass

Sox all the way in '02, baby!

Daver
12-14-2001, 12:30 PM
Originally posted by cheeses_h_rice

Sox all the way in '02, baby!

Whoa,the triple crown of curses,the only way it could get worse is if Skippy the sheet shot chimes in from CA.

FarWestChicago
12-14-2001, 12:35 PM
Originally posted by cheeses_h_rice

Sox all the way in '02, baby! I think I need to find a fallout shelter to hide in for the next season. :smile:

Nellie_Fox
12-14-2001, 01:08 PM
If....if....if. Sounds like the Non-commital sports handicapper on The Best Damn Sports Show Period.