PDA

View Full Version : KW can't wait

bigredrudy
10-29-2005, 11:21 AM
It is obvious from the comments made by Hank Konerko and Paul himself that the Konerkos want to go through the whole free agent process. They are both seemingly miffed that the Sox did not want to discuss contract prior to the 2005 season. Without saying so directly I think the Konerkos want to stick it to the Sox. If the published reports are correct that the Sox will offer Richie Sexton type dollars, I think this offer is eminently fair and Paul would be a fool not to accept it. However he wants to go through the whole process and thus will not be able to accept this offer during the two week period where the Sox have exclusive negotiating rights. I don't believe the Sox want to enter a bidding war for Konerko's services nor do they want this offer to be used as a means of Jacking up the price. Nor do the Sox want to wait before starting on their planning for next year KW has an awful lot of work to do. Therefore I think the Sox and Paul will reach an impasse because the Sox want to begin work on next year. Again I think Paul would be a fool not to accept this offer as the endorsements he can get in Chicago will more than offset any higher offers he can get elsewhere but you can't make someone sign if they don't want to. Let's face it. Paul does not deserve Guerrero or Tejada money. And 5 years is just too long a deal. I think the Sox will begin looking elsewhere after November 10th and I think they would be wise in doing so.

DickAllen72
10-29-2005, 11:35 AM
Yep.

fquaye149
10-29-2005, 01:11 PM
http://images.google.com/images?q=tbn:F_hOYKc8Y1UJ:lygo.com/ly/wg/e/ss2/KingHill/kinghill19.jpg
mmmmhmmmm

Fuller_Schettman
10-29-2005, 01:27 PM
I totally disagree. Paulie owns this town now. He is a BIG fish in a BIG pond. If he goes to NY or Boston or LAA, he becomes a fashion accessory.

I think Paulie wants to stay and I think we will make him a very fair offer and I think it will get done. Maybe later than sooner, but it will get done.

southsider13
10-29-2005, 01:37 PM
I believe he wants to stay, he has gained large amounts of respect this season and he knows it. Plus using his quote from the rally...

"I don't know what we have to do to get people to realize we are a good team. I guess we'll just have to do it again next year."

It just shows how much he's attached to the team and how much determination he has to try and show the world how good we really are.

Either that, or he's lying through his teeth as he said that...

MadetoOrta
10-29-2005, 02:12 PM
I've seen my dream come true. I truly hope Paulie comes back. At $15 million? I don't know. There's been talk in the past about the Sox looking at taking Delgado's $13.5 million off the Marlins' books. Tough call. At any rate, my team is THE WORLD CHAMPIONS OF MAJOR LEAGUE BASEBALL!!! Thank you WSI for putting this incredible site together!!!

:bandance:

bayzbol44
10-29-2005, 02:16 PM
As the great overrated Hawk Harrelson would say, "HE GONE!"

However, I don't think Paulie cares about being the big fish in town. I think he just wants what he deserves. Therefore, if the White Sox are not willing to do that for 5 years, but he ends up with Boston with what he wants, he would be happy not being the head honcho over there.