PDA

View Full Version : Series Trophy Photo Op at Old Comiskey ?

shaunomac
10-29-2005, 02:55 AM
I would like to see the White Sox honor the memory of old Comiskey Park and have Ozzie or Reinsdorf put the World Series trophy on the home plate marker of the old Park for a photo op.

Man that would be so touching.

Shaun

doublem23
10-29-2005, 03:29 AM
I'd like them to the come bring the trophy to my apartment complex and take a photo of it in our parking lot, too.

shaunomac
10-30-2005, 01:01 AM
Please Jerry Reinsdorf, honor Comiskey Park and place the World Series Trophy on the home plate marker for Comiskey Park for a few minutes so the press can take pictures.

I think its the right thing to do

GregoryEtc
10-30-2005, 01:44 AM
Comiskey Park was a building. How do you honor a building? And even if you could, how would placing a trophy on a slab of concrete honor it? Maybe Comiskey Park would rather it was honored by being allowed to just live on in our fond memories of the good old days without the gawdy spectacle of pointless photo ops. Or maybe Comiskey Park would rather just be forgotten. We don't know what Comiskey Park thinks because its gone..... AND IT WAS A BUILDING!

Live in the NOW. US Cellular field is the home of the World Champion Chicago White Sox and I wouldn't have it any other way.

And Jerry Reinsdorf has brought a championship to the City of Chicago. Lets honor the man of the hour.

RedPinStripes
10-30-2005, 02:35 AM
I don't see what that will do. Take pictures of it opening day at home plate at the Cell. Come on now. Give Jerry a pass for a while. He brought a Wold Series winner to Chicago. I don't see anything else he has to do beside keep this team together beside a few guys.

PaleHoseGeorge
10-30-2005, 07:48 AM
Old Comiskey Park needs a monument built to its memory, not a photo op.

That concrete footstone is an embarrassment, especially since you can drive your car right over it. Someplace nearby there ought to be a carved granite marker mounting a bronze plaque recounting the ballpark's history. Perhaps 3-5 of the old arches could be recreated along Shields Avenue, too.

Meanwhile if you want photo ops, the Sox and City Hall ought to make the trophy available for Sox Fans to stand next to and get their picture taken by a professional photographer with the trophy. They could donate the money raised to charity and I guarantee it would be a very large sum. You can count me in, I don't care what the price.

hose
10-30-2005, 07:54 AM
Reinsy should pass around the trophy like the Stanley Cup . It should be delievered to your front door PHG in a couple weeks once it gets back from Venezuela.:cool:

PaleHoseGeorge
10-30-2005, 07:55 AM
Oh, one last thing!

As of this past Wednesday, the new Sox Park has been home to as many Sox world championships as the old one had: one each. (1917 & 2005. 1906 came at South Side Park.)

Nostalgia is where you find it. Nobody need worry any longer that we Sox Fans won't love the new ballpark if the city, state, or team did something nice to honor the old one.

hose
10-30-2005, 08:00 AM
Don't forget the Cubs lost the 1918 WS to the Red Sox at Comiskey Park....that counts for something:wink:

rmusacch
10-30-2005, 08:35 AM
Old Comiskey Park needs a monument built to its memory, not a photo op.

That concrete footstone is an embarrassment, especially since you can drive your car right over it. Someplace nearby there ought to be a carved granite marker mounting a bronze plaque recounting the ballpark's history. Perhaps 3-5 of the old arches could be recreated along Shields Avenue, too.

Meanwhile if you want photo ops, the Sox and City Hall ought to make the trophy available for Sox Fans to stand next to and get their picture taken by a professional photographer with the trophy. They could donate the money raised to charity and I guarantee it would be a very large sum. You can count me in, I don't care what the price.

That's not a bad idea George. They did that with the Stars Stanley Cup trophy. I don't think that they had a professional photographer but they let people pose with it.