PDA

View Full Version : Callout to the White Sox Army for a DVD box set!!!

RadioheadRocks
10-29-2005, 01:48 AM
I have this posted on another thread, but I thought it would be a good idea to repost it here. Let's tell A&E that we really want a White Sox 2005 DVD box set!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuller_Schettman
I tend to agree with you. We are talking about the lowest rated series ever, so I would not be holding my breath for a DVD set like the 2004 Red Sox had last season.

It may well be that the 1 hour highlights DVD now out on the MLB.com site is the best you are going to get...which really is too damn bad!

I think it was A&E who produced the Red Sox box set... what say we do a call out to the Sox Army...you guys know what to do!!! :D:

Here's the email address... let's show them we really REALLY want this set!!!
dvdrequest@aetv.com

Tragg
10-29-2005, 02:02 AM
The production cost is so low, why wouldn't they? They would make money if they sold only a few thousand.

itsnotrequired
10-29-2005, 01:08 PM
From Scott Reifert's blog:

MLB Productions continues to sit down and talk with guys on film about the season and the series. They are putting together a must-have DVD on this year's series that should be out by Thanksgiving. All of our players, Ozzie, Kenny, Jerry and others have sat down over the past few days to offer their thoughts on the past weeks.

SI's commemorative edition will be out soon, as well.

http://whitesoxpride.mlblogs.com/

chisoxfanatic
10-29-2005, 01:11 PM
From Scott Reifert's blog:

http://whitesoxpride.mlblogs.com/

Will it be just about the World Series or the entire season? I'd rather the later, since this was an awesome SEASON and not just last week.

itsnotrequired
10-29-2005, 01:16 PM
Will it be just about the World Series or the entire season? I'd rather the later, since this was an awesome SEASON and not just last week.

Scott's post isn't too clear. I guess we just have to stay tuned...

HebrewHammer
10-29-2005, 01:37 PM
I've got to think that the White Sox will release something on DVD. Perhaps not as large as the Sawx set last year. but something comparable.

TomBradley72
10-29-2005, 01:59 PM
How hard is it to put each of the post season games on a disc plus some highlights and interviews with a little packaging? Low production cost and 1.75 MM people who attended the celebration as your target market. I'm not sweating it...we'll all have more opportunities for souvenirs and highlight packages then we can handle.

Garland_IS_God
10-29-2005, 02:10 PM
I emailed Brooks about 45 min ago and when he responds I'll post his response on the subject.

ewokpelts
10-29-2005, 03:43 PM
I said this before:

BUY THE SINGLE DISC WS DVD!
If enough people buy(maybe between 250-500k), they'll put out a box set.
Boston's dvd sold extremely well.
Gene