PDA

View Full Version : Sox gear flying off the shelves...in Arizona!

MarySwiss
10-28-2005, 05:38 PM
Is this happening anywhere else?

Just Sports was getting the World Series T-shirts and caps in today. The one closest to me opens at 10 am. I was there at 10:15. They hadn't gotten the gear in yet, but the guy said they would be getting it in later today and they had a list going. So I added myself to it. They called me around 2 and said the shirts were in but not the caps. When I asked them if they had three of the XLs, they said they had already sold them all. All they had left were a medium and a couple of 2XLs. Sheesh!

So I called the next closest Just Sports. The guy there said they had some XLs, so I asked him to hang onto a few and I'd be right there. When I got there, the first thing I saw was some guy coming out the door decked out in brand new Sox stuff--cap and jersey--and carrying a bag. I bought three of the XLs. There were maybe five or six left, and they hadn't even bothered to hang any of the shirts up! No caps there, either.

Also, when I was in the first Just Sports this morning, the guy told me that they had been getting complaints for the past couple of months about not having any Sox merchandise. (I had complained about that way back in June, and he told me then that there was no demand because "they really haven't done much.")

Wow!

IotaNet
10-28-2005, 07:56 PM
the guy told me that they had been getting complaints for the past couple of months about not having any Sox merchandise. (I had complained about that way back in June, and he told me then that there was no demand because "they really haven't done much.")

Humpf. In the immortal words of Kool Moe Dee:

"How ya like me now?" :cool:

MarySwiss
10-28-2005, 10:06 PM
Humpf. In the immortal words of Kool Moe Dee:

"How ya like me now?" :cool:

Cripes! No doubt! But It'll be interesting to see if the rest of the country does the whole "Na Na Na Na Na Na Na Na Na Na Hey Hey Hey Good-bye!

The Wall
10-29-2005, 07:45 AM
Sports Authority is having Friends and Family 25% off this weekend and the Sox gear if flying off their loading docks :D:

They are simply getting the stuff delivered by FedEx/UPS and scanning the tags into their system and bringing them to the lines and lines of people waiting for the merchandize. Too bad there are no World Series velcro caps...all caps are adjustable ones :(:

kevin57
10-29-2005, 08:23 AM
And Sox gear is so cool! :smile:

downstairs
10-29-2005, 08:29 AM
Here in the 'burbs of Chicago, I was told some JC Penney's and the like were completely sold out. People were actually waiting in line... freakin' Cabbage Patch Kids style.

MarySwiss
11-01-2005, 04:10 PM
Well, this well and truly sucks!

Last Friday, all the local Just Sports stores told me they didn't get the (very cool!) Sox locker room caps in, but they'd be in on Tuesday. So I called around today as soon as they opened and was told that the caps came in and sold out right away! The guys also told me that they didn't get as many caps as they were supposed to, because the demand in Chicago was so great, the caps went there.

Thanks a lot, you bums!

Anyway, it left me with no choice but to order from MLB.com where I also ordered the DVD. Now all I have to do is wait 4-6 weeks.

But at least I managed to score three of the T-shirts. So that's something.

Meanwhile, I just replayed my tape of the parade. Did the wobbly chin all over again!

Iwritecode
11-01-2005, 04:36 PM
Suprisingly I found a bunch of stuff all over the place around here.

During the WS I went to the mall and saw tons of people walking around with Sox gear on.

After the WS I went out to find some stuff to buy. I went to Dick's and they had the locker room hats and shirts but you could tell the shirts were a little picked over.

I went to Sears Essentials (merger of Sears and Kmart) and found a ton of stuff. They had a large display right by the front door. I got 3 shirts and a christmas tree ball.

I went back to the mall and found the locker room hat in the first Foot Locker I walked in to. There were a couple of sports collectable stores that had a bunch of stuff like balls, flags, cups, mugs, fuzzy dice, framed pictures, etc...

I went to Champs and they had a bunch of jerseys (w/WS patch), coats, shirts and sweatshirts.

Basically I can get just about anything I want.

MarySwiss
11-01-2005, 04:41 PM
Suprisingly I found a bunch of stuff all over the place around here.

During the WS I went to the mall and saw tons of people walking around with Sox gear on.

After the WS I went out to find some stuff to buy. I went to Dick's and they had the locker room hats and shirts but you could tell the shirts were a little picked over.

I went to Sears Essentials (merger of Sears and Kmart) and found a ton of stuff. They had a large display right by the front door. I got 3 shirts and a christmas tree ball.

I went back to the mall and found the locker room hat in the first Foot Locker I walked in to. There were a couple of sports collectable stores that had a bunch of stuff like balls, flags, cups, mugs, fuzzy dice, framed pictures, etc...

I went to Champs and they had a bunch of jerseys (w/WS patch), coats, shirts and sweatshirts.

Basically I can get just about anything I want.

That's right; go ahead and rub my nose in it!

Fine!
Expect an e-mail from me featuring a weather update from Arizona--about mid-February! :D:

Iwritecode
11-01-2005, 04:47 PM
That's right; go ahead and rub my nose in it!

Fine!
Expect an e-mail from me featuring a weather update from Arizona--about mid-February! :D:

At least it proves that you're surrounded by Sox fans.

There are obviously more Cubs fans in this town that I thought. :(:

DumpJerry
11-01-2005, 05:34 PM
Looking forward to it, I'm a winter boy! I might get it a bit late, I'm skiing in Colorado at one point in February........

Most of the stuff can be bought online without sales tax (in Illinois, at least) at MLB.com. I bought my authentic WS pinstripe jersey there as soon as we clinched the AL crown. It came in time for me to wear during games 3 and 4. Once things calm down around here, I'm taking it to Grandstand so they can letter it with number 13 and "Ozzie":D:

MarySwiss
11-01-2005, 05:48 PM
Looking forward to it, I'm a winter boy! I might get it a bit late, I'm skiing in Colorado at one point in February........

Most of the stuff can be bought online without sales tax (in Illinois, at least) at MLB.com. I bought my authentic WS pinstripe jersey there as soon as we clinched the AL crown. It came in time for me to wear during games 3 and 4. Once things calm down around here, I'm taking it to Grandstand so they can letter it with number 13 and "Ozzie":D:

Well, it appears that there are a lot more Sox fans out there than anyone--except us, of course--thought. But I'm willing to wait for my loot to arrive. And I'm putting off ordering the authentic road jersey with WS patch. I have reason to believe that Santa will bring it. :cool:

DumpJerry
11-01-2005, 05:56 PM
Well, it appears that there are a lot more Sox fans out there than anyone--except us, of course--thought. But I'm willing to wait for my loot to arrive. And I'm putting off ordering the authentic road jersey with WS patch. I have reason to believe that Santa will bring it. :cool:
Mary, so far this year, Santa has been very very good to us!