PDA

View Full Version : The Trophy

Sox of White
10-28-2005, 03:40 PM
I heard the Trophy will be displayed at Carson Pririe Scott until november sometime? Does anyone know any details about this? I definitely need a picture of this.

Sox of White
10-28-2005, 11:10 PM
Anyone know?

Hitmen77
10-28-2005, 11:24 PM
I read in the Sun Times today that the trophy to be displayed at Carsons is not the actual World Series trophy, but some other commemorative trophy designed by Tiffany's(?).

The article also suggested that the World Series trophy will likely be on display at City Hall for a while - perhaps sometime in November.

Sorry, I don't have a link for this, I read it in a print edition.

Sox of White
10-28-2005, 11:45 PM
D'oh, a crappy remake? I hope not.

kjkobs
10-28-2005, 11:54 PM
I read in the Sun Times today that the trophy to be displayed at Carsons is not the actual World Series trophy, but some other commemorative trophy designed by Tiffany's(?).

The article also suggested that the World Series trophy will likely be on display at City Hall for a while - perhaps sometime in November.

Sorry, I don't have a link for this, I read it in a print edition.

Here's the link: http://www.suntimes.com/output/worldseries/cst-spt-trophy28.html

Railsplitter
10-29-2005, 08:48 AM
Hopefully, as of April3 it will be on permenant display at the Cell.

downstairs
10-29-2005, 08:51 AM
Hopefully, as of April3 it will be on permenant display at the Cell.

Jerry always displayed the real Bulls trophies at City Hall.

I also remember the United Center had all of the past trophies displayed somewhere... but I am not sure if they were replicas.

The "real" one was always at City Hall for awhile after the championship.

jabrch
10-29-2005, 09:28 AM
The trophy will likely travel a bit. I know in Hockey it is a tradition that each player gets to take Lord Stanley's Cup with him for a few days during the offseason and they pass it around. There are great storys out there about what some players have done with their time with the cup.

I'd be stunned if the World Series Trophy doesn't make its way to Venezuela for a week or two.

chisoxfanatic
10-29-2005, 12:47 PM
Will they put it in the Hall of Fame Gift Shop during the season? It *is* part of White Sox history right now!

Magglios_Girl
10-29-2005, 01:35 PM
The trophy will likely travel a bit. I know in Hockey it is a tradition that each player gets to take Lord Stanley's Cup with him for a few days during the offseason and they pass it around. There are great storys out there about what some players have done with their time with the cup.

I'd be stunned if the World Series Trophy doesn't make its way to Venezuela for a week or two.

I heard Ozzie say he's taking the trophy to Venezula, which will be the first time a World Series trophy leaves the U.S.

Ol' No. 2
10-29-2005, 01:43 PM
If it's on display at USCF, they'd better put armed guards around it during the Cubs-Sox games.:angry:

michned
10-29-2005, 01:57 PM
In '01, the Diamondbacks took the trophy around the state in November. In Tucson, it was on the hush-hush, they placed the trophy in the middle of Tucson Electric Park and then notified the media outlets it was there and that fans could line up and take a picture with it. Within minutes, there was a line all the way around the park.

Hopefully, the Sox bring it with them to Spring Training.

ChiSoxGirl
10-30-2005, 12:27 AM
If it's on display at USCF, they'd better put armed guards around it during the Cubs-Sox games.:angry:

No kidding! Afterall, we saw what those "people" did to Minoso's brozed statue and its bat back in June! They'd stop at nothing for a little attenion in this town now! Could you even imagine what they'd do to OUR WORLD SERIES TROPHY?! *shudders*

itsnotrequired
10-30-2005, 12:30 AM
I heard Ozzie say he's taking the trophy to Venezula, which will be the first time a World Series trophy leaves the U.S.

I heard that as well. Supposedly, Ozzie talked about it with Jerry and KW and they said it was cool.

HotelWhiteSox
10-30-2005, 12:35 AM
No kidding! Afterall, we saw what those "people" did to Minoso's brozed statue and its bat back in June! They'd stop at nothing for a little attenion in this town now! Could you even imagine what they'd do to OUR WORLD SERIES TROPHY?! *shudders*

It'd be like Screech on a date, they wouldn't know what to do with it. Do they even know what it would look like? I'm guessing they don't care about winning since they've figured out that the trophy would do nothing if they asked it show them its boobs.

house215
10-30-2005, 12:44 AM
I think they should put it on a float for the 2006 South Side St. Patrick Day Parade... :cool:

Chips
10-30-2005, 12:58 AM
It should be on display at SoxFest.

StillMissOzzie
10-30-2005, 01:28 AM

What could possibly be more conspicuous than a Cub fan with a World Series trophy?

It should be on display at SoxFest.

I would certainly expect that, as the guest of honor.

SMO
:gulp:

TheOldRoman
10-30-2005, 01:31 AM
At yesterday's interleague match betwen the loveable Cubbies and the White Sox, a fan accidentaly defaced the 2005 World Series trophy while posing for photos by it. While leaning against the protective case, the man accidentally wrapped his fist in a t-shirt and put it through the glass. The man must have paniced when alarms went off, because he grabbed the trophy from the case and started running with it. He accidentally smashed the trophy against several walls, breaking off 4 of the 30 flags, before dropping the trophy and running out of fear of being attacked by drunken, beligerent Sox fans who got contacts highs from walking through the dangerous neighborhood. The fan was seen wearing a blue t-shirt with a red "21" on the back and a cartoon bear on the chest. Police have no suspects, but they are sure (presumably) that this was not the work of a Cubs fan.

StockdaleForVeep
10-30-2005, 02:02 AM
Jerry always displayed the real Bulls trophies at City Hall.

I also remember the United Center had all of the past trophies displayed somewhere... but I am not sure if they were replicas.

The "real" one was always at City Hall for awhile after the championship.

Yeah but arent the trophies then relocated to the berto centre? I wouldnt mind the trophy being in the historical part of the gift shop, but due to security, i doubt it will happen

Over By There
10-30-2005, 06:39 AM
Sorry for the overused tag, but:
:threadrules:

Every once in a while, something like this hits me - we're talking about the WS trophy! What a great feeling.