PDA

View Full Version : Now this is why I HATE some Cub fans!!!!

Cuck the Fubs
10-28-2005, 02:22 PM
I got this e mail from a dishonarable Cub fan...........

Most have been very cool about but this guy really got under my skin!!!

"If a tree falls in a forest, and nobody hears it...did
it really make a sound?

If the White Sux win the world series, but nobody
cares to watch it (TV ratings), did it really happen?

You call running onto the field, beating up coaches;
demolishing a playing field with burning disco records
& slapping players wives being raised right?"

feel free to express your self..........

(VC Edit: On the other hand, please don't. Please don't post personal e-mail addresses here inviting all 6K+ members to spam that person's inbox unless the person has it linked at the bottom of a column in a widely publicized column).

credefan24
10-28-2005, 02:31 PM
The 2005 White Sox are the WORLD CHAMPIONS.

Enough said.

Madvora
10-28-2005, 02:40 PM
If Cub fans are still pround of the fact that 80% of the city supports a losing team, then... that's just about what I expected out of them.

Dan Mega
10-28-2005, 02:44 PM
My reply would have been:

"So the Sox winning the Series with no ratings is worse than the Cubs never winning everything despite sellouts?"

Just another jealous and bitter Cubs fan. Ignore em!

gosoxmarc
10-28-2005, 02:49 PM
I received an e-mail similar to that from a buddy of mine who is a cub fan regarding the lowest TV ratings. I told him we won't be raising an attendance or tv ratings banner at the Cell next year, just a world championship banner !:cool:

StrTrkker
10-28-2005, 02:59 PM
I received an e-mail similar to that from a buddy of mine who is a cub fan regarding the lowest TV ratings. I told him we won't be raising an attendance or tv ratings banner at the Cell next year, just a world championship banner !:cool:

Touche'

bobowhite
10-28-2005, 03:03 PM
How was your World Series then?

(Actually a recycle from a Bosox fan said to me, but this one fits.)

Jerko
10-28-2005, 03:04 PM
Not even worth responding to. I was just at the parade, and really, the Cubs are less than an afterthought.

Uncle_Patrick
10-28-2005, 03:10 PM
Don't let this tool get under your skin. There are some (but not all) Cubs fans out there who want to rain all over our parade. Just tell him, you watched it, they won, and that's all that matters and ask if all those people watching the Cubs lose makes that any better.

Hitmen77
10-28-2005, 03:14 PM

(E-mail address deleted)

Just to clarify, is this the Cub fan's e-mail address?

He sounds like a sore loser. So, TV ratings points are more important than winning a championship? Sheesh, only a Cub fan would think so. By the way, the ratings didn't say "Nobody" watched the World Series. Millions and millions did watch it.

Uncle_Patrick
10-28-2005, 03:16 PM
By the way, does this guy own stock in Fox or something? Otherwise, why should any baseball fan be concerned about TV ratings?

PatK
10-28-2005, 03:22 PM
I believe that Game 1 was the highest rated show on Fox this year, next to the Super Bowl.

cleanwsox
10-28-2005, 03:40 PM
Can't wait for the........

Nineteen O Eight clap clap clap clap clap

chants next year.

:smile:

itsnotrequired
10-28-2005, 04:14 PM
By the way, does this guy own stock in Fox or something? Otherwise, why should any baseball fan be concerned about TV ratings?

Haven't you heard? You are only the champion if you win the series AND get at least a 14 share in the ratings. I estimate the Sox chance of winning it all at 88.8%.

TommyJohn
10-28-2005, 04:18 PM
And just how did the Cubs do when they were up 3 games to 1? And when
they were up 1.5 in the wildcard with 10 to go? The entire country watched
that happen.

TommyJohn
10-28-2005, 04:22 PM

Most have been very cool about but this guy really got under my skin!!!

"If a tree falls in a forest, and nobody hears it...did
it really make a sound?

If the White Sux win the world series, but nobody
cares to watch it (TV ratings), did it really happen?

You call running onto the field, beating up coaches;
demolishing a playing field with burning disco records
& slapping players wives being raised right?"

feel free to express your self..........

(e-mail address deleted)

A few weeks ago I put up a thread called "numbers with a twist" in which I
wrote about how anyone can make numbers say whatever they want.

Was the World Series a low-rated one compared to last year? yes
Did it win in its time slot all four nights it was on? yes
Did it score high ratings in Chicago? yes. It was the highest rated program
in Chicago this year. I believe two games were behind the Super Bowl. So
it drew great ratings here, as one would expect. So he can take that
bull**** and stick it up his ass.

SoxSpeed22
10-28-2005, 04:30 PM
Haven't you heard? You are only the champion if you win the series AND get at least a 14 share in the ratings. I estimate the Sox chance of winning it all at 88.8%.More like, 82.5% because attendence factors into it as well.
We're also 110-0 for games in which we had the lead after the final inning!

maurice
10-28-2005, 04:45 PM
Sox October ratings > Cubs October ratings.
Sox October attendance > Cubs October attendance.
Sox October wins > Cubs October wins.
Sox WS titles in the past 97 years > Cubs WS titles in the past 97 years.

spawn
10-28-2005, 04:46 PM
I'd have 3 things to say:

1) Steve Bartman

2) Alex Gonzalez

3) 2005 MLB Champions: CHICAGO WHITE SOX!!!

maurice
10-28-2005, 04:47 PM
Did it score high ratings in Chicago? yes. It was the highest rated program

Right, ratings weren't low because of lack of interest in Chicago. They were low because of lack of interest in the Astros and lack of interest in the other major markets (SoCal and the NE) whose teams got walloped by the Sox and the Astros.

SAVVY18
10-28-2005, 05:52 PM
Here's what I got from a coob fan friend of mine:

"I'd wait a bit on the celebration-- didn't it take a little bit of time for the truth to come out the last time they cheated in the series?? The truth will come out
again....... with the way these play-offs went (being awarded first base
on a NOT dropped third strike, foul balls that allow guys to get on first,
so they next guy can hit a grand slam, etc.) I'm convinced that these Sox
have not let their history down... the truth will come out!! (that, or
maybe a plane crash on the way back from Houston!!!!)"

I love the fact that they are so pissed off about this.

antitwins13
10-28-2005, 06:53 PM
The 2005 White Sox are the WORLD CHAMPIONS.

Enough said.

Nuff said

pmck003
10-28-2005, 07:29 PM
I just say to jerks that the cubs have awesome attendance and that so many people love the cubs; let them come up with something to say after that (usually its a low-toned grumble).

Cuck the Fubs
10-28-2005, 08:21 PM
My bad on posting his e mail addy............

His mail really set me off!!!!:angry: :angry: :angry:

Stroker Ace
10-28-2005, 08:44 PM
I received an e-mail similar to that from a buddy of mine who is a cub fan regarding the lowest TV ratings. I told him we won't be raising an attendance or tv ratings banner at the Cell next year, just a world championship banner !:cool:ZING!

RadioheadRocks
10-28-2005, 08:52 PM

Your buddy's gonna need some lotion... for that wicked BURN!!!!! :rolling:

Bucky F. Dent
10-28-2005, 09:56 PM
Last time I checked, they didn't list attendance figures in the standings. And someone is going to have to show me where in the rule book it says that a World Series only counts when the series gets above a certain rating on TV.

We Won! The rest of it is just noise.

StillMissOzzie
10-29-2005, 12:29 AM
Last time I checked, they didn't list attendance figures in the standings. And someone is going to have to show me where in the rule book it says that a World Series only counts when the series gets above a certain rating on TV.

We Won! The rest of it is just noise.

Let me get this straight: Maybe 60% of Chicago doesn't watch the World Series 'cuz they're die-hard Cub fans, and then they chortle over low TV ratings? Sounds like a self-fulfilling prophesy, a don't twist your arm patting yourself on the back kind of situation.

You've said it all, Bucky. Our boys won the World Series, the rest is just noise.

SMO
:gulp:

FarWestChicago
10-29-2005, 12:54 AM
Sox vs. Cubs is OVER. There is nothing left. Does an adult beat up a child? Move on folks. It's OVER. Let it go. Even the 1908 chant gives a legitimacy that doesn't belong. Be sane, don't respond.

Chisox353014
10-29-2005, 01:25 AM
Sox vs. Cubs is OVER. There is nothing left. Does an adult beat up a child? Move on folks. It's OVER. Let it go. Even the 1908 chant gives a legitimacy that doesn't belong. Be sane, don't respond.

Exactly. The only thing we've ever had in common with those guys was that neither team had won a World Series in a really long time. That was the only thing driving the rivalry. Well, now we've got our championship. There is nothing left to argue about anymore. We did it first. We won. The Cubs are the same as the Rockies or Reds now.

FarWestChicago
10-29-2005, 01:38 AM
The Cubs are the same as the Rockies or Reds now.The Big Red Machine was the last and only team to slug it's way to a WS title with no pitching whatsoever. Please don't insult them by comparing them to teams who haven't won crap in over 90 years. :smile:

Hendu
10-29-2005, 02:01 AM
Here's what I got from a coob fan friend of mine:

"I'd wait a bit on the celebration-- didn't it take a little bit of time for the truth to come out the last time they cheated in the series?? The truth will come out
again....... with the way these play-offs went (being awarded first base
on a NOT dropped third strike, foul balls that allow guys to get on first,
so they next guy can hit a grand slam, etc.) I'm convinced that these Sox
have not let their history down... the truth will come out!! (that, or
maybe a plane crash on the way back from Houston!!!!)"

I love the fact that they are so pissed off about this.

Here's what I don't get...how can you consider someone who sends you that email a friend? A plane crash on the way back from Houston?!?! :o:

Fuller_Schettman
10-29-2005, 02:01 AM
Sorry, I couldn't hear him.

I HAVE CONFETTI IN MY EARS! :cool:

BarbG
10-29-2005, 02:53 AM
Be sane, don't respond.

A couple hours ago I stopped at my local 7-11 and for the first time EVER (I had my Sox jacket on) got harrassed - by a bunch of extremely young, extremely drunk BOYS. Their ID's may say "21" but no way I could call these jerks "men." Behind my back of course, each holding a case of Bud Light. "What's that say? Oh, White Sox SUCK!" "Ha ha, you mean White Sux!" Blah blah blah, on and on. NEVER did I want to turn around and deck somebody so bad. As I put my change in my pocket I turned, looked at the Sox emblem and up at these creeps with a big smile and walked out.

Jealousy is an ugly thing. Don't ever let anybody drag you down.

The Cubs and Red Sox fans friends of mine are gracious people with a genuine love of the GAME. My die-hard Red Sox fan friend I talk to mostly online actually called me up with congratulations and posted a picture of Dye with the trophy on our site with more kind words. That's the kind of fans that deserve the attention.

Railsplitter
10-29-2005, 09:13 AM
Ooh, low ratings. Well, did anybody ever stop to think the Nielsen ratings might be skewered toward New York and Los Angeles? Or that they only survey "housholds", not bars, or forms of student housing at colleges?

Chisox353014
10-29-2005, 01:03 PM
Ooh, low ratings. Well, did anybody ever stop to think the Nielsen ratings might be skewered toward New York and Los Angeles? Or that they only survey "housholds", not bars, or forms of student housing at colleges?

If the Nielsen people would have been monitoring my house they would have found that only one game of the whole playoff run was watched there. (oddly enough, the only game they lost all October). Every other game I watched at bars with lots of other Sox fans. :gulp:

VenturaSoxFan23
10-29-2005, 01:17 PM
I'm just waiting for somebody to get to the part about the Nielsen ratings where I'm supposed to give a damn.

I'm not a stockholder, nor am I involved with advertisers. So, the ratings mean absolutely nothing.

miker
10-29-2005, 01:20 PM
Who are these "Cub Fans" people keep talking about?

VenturaSoxFan23
10-29-2005, 01:23 PM
Mythical creatures over the age of 65 who remember the good ol' days when Hack Wilson was belting them out of the park.
Well, those are the real fans. Cubs fans of today couldn't name 3 of their own team's pitchers that didn't include Wood or Prior.

miker
10-29-2005, 01:25 PM
Mythical creatures over the age of 65 who remember the good ol' days when Hack Wilson was belting them out of the park.
:roflmao: