PDA

View Full Version : Don't Stop Believin"

WisSoxFan
10-28-2005, 02:57 PM
That may have been the worst version of an awful song ever. I loved it!:supernana:

Unregistered
10-28-2005, 02:58 PM
That may have been the worst version of an awful song ever. I loved it!:supernana:That was cringe viewing at it's finest.

What was said at the end? "By the way, ___________"?
(I coulda sworn they said "By the way, Paulie's staying!" but I don't want to start any trouble... :D: )

Madvora
10-28-2005, 02:59 PM
That was halirious.

Anyone see Frank there? I don't even know if he went

BRDSR
10-28-2005, 03:01 PM
That was halirious.

Anyone see Frank there? I don't even know if he went

He spoke at the beginning of the rally. Definitely there.

cleanwsox
10-28-2005, 03:03 PM
That was cringe viewing at it's finest.

What was said at the end? "By the way, ___________"?
(I coulda sworn they said "By the way, Paulie's staying!" but I don't want to start any trouble... :D: )

I thought I heard Aj saying "By the way, I was safe"

Not sure.

DrFunk
10-28-2005, 03:08 PM
I thought I heard Aj saying "By the way, I was safe"

Not sure.

That's what I heard too.

HawkDJ
10-28-2005, 03:12 PM
That was horrendous, but beautiful at the same time.

Chrisaway
10-28-2005, 03:22 PM
Man I think even Steve Perry himself botched that one. Loved it nontheless.

SOXPHILE
10-28-2005, 03:22 PM
That was THE living, breathing example of what "FUN-BAD" is. It was really bad, but I sat here at my desk at work, literally laughing out loud. The Chicago White Sox are the World Champions. All is right with the world. Because of that, I thought it was good, bad, and funny all at the same time.

comiskey2000
10-28-2005, 03:25 PM
It was a little awkward that the fans wernt singing. But we did not really hear the whole song ever. Just the "Dont Stop Believing" part. There is no way we should all know the words given the short timeframe.

Unregistered
10-28-2005, 03:28 PM
It was a little awkward that the fans wernt singing. But we did not really hear the whole song ever. Just the "Dont Stop Believing" part. There is no way we should all know the words given the short timeframe.Yeah, they really shoulda picked it up at the chorus, but with Steve Perry leading the way, you knew he was gonna mil the moment for all it was worth. If it wasn't for the fireworks stopping the second go 'round of the chorus, he'd probably still be up there singing... :D:

Iwritecode
10-28-2005, 03:29 PM
It was a little awkward that the fans wernt singing. But we did not really hear the whole song ever. Just the "Dont Stop Believing" part. There is no way we should all know the words given the short timeframe.

I know them... :redface:

Tekijawa
10-28-2005, 03:32 PM
We kill disco and Bring back Steve Perry... the universe is in balance once again.

daveeym
10-28-2005, 03:35 PM
They should have had the words playing on the big screen.

SoxFan76
10-28-2005, 03:39 PM
I know them... :redface:

I know them all too. I never got into that fad of hating music because you're supposed to hate it. I hate music that sounds bad. I love that song, and although Steve Perry doesn't "quite" sound like he used to (ok, he was horrendous), it was still fun to see.

BeviBall!
10-28-2005, 04:06 PM
The only thing worse than that song is to sing it a cappella. Who cares? They could have sung 'butterfly kisses' and I'd still be just as happy.

FARMEO
10-28-2005, 04:09 PM
I sang the along. Actually, I have been singing that song a lot lately.

TomBradley72
10-28-2005, 04:10 PM
We were at the rally...sound was horrible/non existent if you were more than 100 feet from the stage....couldn't hear a word of the speaches, or the videos or the music.

But it was still AWESOME.

SSN721
10-28-2005, 04:12 PM
I know them all too. I never got into that fad of hating music because you're supposed to hate it. I hate music that sounds bad. I love that song, and although Steve Perry doesn't "quite" sound like he used to (ok, he was horrendous), it was still fun to see.

I completely agree. Love that song and still enjoy a few other Journey power ballads. It was a lot of fun to see and hear. And I know the words to all the Journey songs I like. ANd I am not apologizing for it. :cool:

Iwritecode
10-28-2005, 04:15 PM

I'm that way with pretty much everything. Clothes, hair styles, sports teams... :cool:

I like what I like and if you don't agree then too bad.

cleanwsox
10-28-2005, 04:17 PM
We were at the rally...sound was horrible/non existent if you were more than 100 feet from the stage....couldn't hear a word of the speaches, or the videos or the music.

But it was still AWESOME.

I heard the "We can't hear" chant from the crowd. Tough situation to be in if you are the guy talking since there isn't that much you can do about it.