PDA

View Full Version : Another reason why Boston has bad baseball fans

buehrle4cy05
10-28-2005, 01:22 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/index

Massachusetts is one of the few states that voted that they watched none of the World Series games.

What a bunch of crybaby, sore losers. Y

seanpmurphy
10-28-2005, 01:29 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/index

Massachusetts is one of the few states that voted that they watched none of the World Series games.

What a bunch of crybaby, sore losers. Y

Even David Ortiz was at the World Series. I'm not going to comment further about Mass. unless this ends up in the roadhouse or worse though.

PaulDrake
10-28-2005, 01:40 PM
It seems like Red Sox fans, NYY fans and many others had a hissy fit and boycotted the World Series. This helped bring the rating down, but TS. It's their loss. Ratings or not there are going to be a lot of positives coming out of the 05 WS. The White Sox have pointed out the right way to play ball in the post steroids era.

Fenway
10-28-2005, 02:47 PM
Outside of Houston and Chicago, Boston had the highest ratings on FOX (average 11.3)

SoxFan76
10-28-2005, 03:25 PM
Outside of Houston and Chicago, Boston had the highest ratings on FOX (average 11.3)

According to that poll, nobody watched at all. Seems to me New England has a lot of bitter fans.

Fenway
10-28-2005, 03:31 PM
According to that poll, nobody watched at all. Seems to me New England has a lot of bitter fans.

28% said they watched all 4 games

65% said they watched some of the series

I just know what Neilsen says and most people I know were watching

SoxFan76
10-28-2005, 03:35 PM
Looking at the numbers again, it looks like the throughout the entire northeast that more people decided to not watch any games than people who watched all 4. That's all I'm talking about.

Chrisaway
10-28-2005, 03:39 PM
You dont hafta defend yourself Fenway. Most of the Boston fans I know were very respectful to us after we won and even a few of em rooted for us from then on. Kinda makes me feel bad for rooting for St Louis last year. Im taking on the old school way from now on. Root for your league. (Well except for the Twins/Tribe:redneck)

Fenway
10-28-2005, 04:07 PM
Looking at the numbers again, it looks like the throughout the entire northeast that more people decided to not watch any games than people who watched all 4. That's all I'm talking about.

I know I watched :smile:

Dan Mega
10-28-2005, 06:03 PM
Some of the Red Sox and Yanks players (including Damon and Jeter) publicly said they were pulling for Chicago to go all the way and that they played the game the "right way". That of course after their respective teams lost in the ALDS.

I got nothing but love and respect from Boston and NYY fans. Total class from those guys.

SoxFan76
10-28-2005, 06:41 PM
I know I watched :smile:

I wasn't trying to attack you personally, I was just looking at the numbers.

woodenleg
10-28-2005, 07:04 PM
Wow, if that don't say it all....that picture doesn't lie.

Like I always said...Sox fans should always remember where
the REAL haters are....

antitwins13
10-28-2005, 07:47 PM
Who really cares about ratings? It's not like FOX is going to cancel MLB playoffs because of bad ratings.

shoota II
10-28-2005, 07:47 PM
I got nothing but love and respect from Boston and NYY fans. Total class from those guys.

Ditto. Remember that congratulatory thread at a Yankees forum? Good fans.

RadioheadRocks
10-28-2005, 09:32 PM
Who really cares about ratings? It's not like FOX is going to cancel MLB playoffs because of bad ratings.

Exactly... RATINGS don't win World Championships... OUTSTANDING TOTAL TEAM EFFORT PLAY wins World Championships!!!

'Nuff said! :supernana: :supernana: :supernana: