PDA

View Full Version : Newest mascot according to Comcast

SoxFan76
10-28-2005, 11:40 AM
SLIDER! Geez, how could you mess that up.

StrTrkker
10-28-2005, 12:16 PM
Hope its doesnt look like a big White Castle Hamburger...

UGH.

Ol' No. 2
10-28-2005, 12:22 PM
SLIDER! Geez, how could you mess that up.http://photos1.blogger.com/blogger/5572/741/1600/hamburger_lg.jpg

NozeNuggets
10-28-2005, 07:04 PM
Slider, IIRC, is the mascot for the Indians. BTW, the whole celebration was on CSN here in Philly.

antitwins13
10-28-2005, 07:06 PM
Can't we just make Yellow M&M our mascot?!

Pulaski
10-28-2005, 07:41 PM
SLIDER! Geez, how could you mess that up.

I am watching the replay and I couldn't believe they called Southpaw, SLIDER.

doctorlecter
10-28-2005, 07:46 PM
What's up with the green monkey, anyways? What's wrong with Ribbie and Rhubarb?!?

Andy T Clown
10-28-2005, 10:38 PM
What's up with the green monkey, anyways? What's wrong with Ribbie and Rhubarb?!?

I always thought that Southpaw was their "love child".:cool:

doctorlecter
10-28-2005, 10:50 PM
I always thought that Southpaw was their "love child".:cool:

I thought that Ribbie and Rhubarb were siblings. Which leads me to ask, why don't they introduce him as: Southpaw, the incestuous bastard green monkey child of Ribbie and Rhubarb?

nasox
10-29-2005, 12:23 AM
I thought that Ribbie and Rhubarb were siblings. Which leads me to ask, why don't they introduce him as: Southpaw, the incestuous bastard green monkey child of Ribbie and Rhubarb?

ESPN: Just like those Southsiders, inbreeding monkeys they are. :rolleyes:

Nellie_Fox
10-29-2005, 12:30 AM
I hate mascots.

I know, I know. They're for the little kids. They are still a source of annoyance. All of them.

HotelWhiteSox
10-29-2005, 12:52 AM
Speaking of Yellow M&M, there was a sighting at the rally, but it definately wasn't him. Imposter, emulator, I'll let you speculate...

Railsplitter
10-29-2005, 08:46 AM
Hope its doesnt look like a big White Castle Hamburger...

UGH.

Mmmm, White Castles.

downstairs
10-29-2005, 08:56 AM
I hate mascots.

I know, I know. They're for the little kids. They are still a source of annoyance. All of them.

True dat.

I do like how the Sox really never made that ugly thing a major part of their deal, like the Phillies do with their goofy Phanatic or that old San Diego Chicken, etc. etc.

The kids love it, but we don't embarass ourselves to the adult sports watching world with it.

TornLabrum
10-29-2005, 09:30 AM
True dat.

I do like how the Sox really never made that ugly thing a major part of their deal, like the Phillies do with their goofy Phanatic or that old San Diego Chicken, etc. etc.

The kids love it, but we don't embarass ourselves to the adult sports watching world with it.

About the only time I ever see Southpaw is when the Chevy Pride Crew makes their appearances twice a game. Mascots don't bother me a bit. Maybe that's because I go to about 25 minor league games every year.

VenturaSoxFan23
10-29-2005, 10:39 AM
I've always said that when it comes to the Sox...the cuter the mascot, the crappier the team. If the mascot is the thought process of someone hitting the bong, the Sox are going to have a terrific season.

I never saw a problem with Waldo the White Sox Wolf, myself. Awoooooo!

paciorek1983
10-29-2005, 11:08 PM
I don't get why people have a problem with mascots. You all must have lost your inner child..........go ahead with the moronic responses.

Nellie_Fox
10-30-2005, 01:01 AM
I don't get why people have a problem with mascots. You all must have lost your inner child..........go ahead with the moronic responses.Very nice. You've already assumed that anyone who disagrees with you is a moron. Your inner child is obviously a brat.

I'm at a ballgame to see the ballgame. Mascots come around and stand in the aisles and block my view of the game. They just bring nothing to the experience for me. If the game isn't enough entertainment for you, then you apparently just don't enjoy baseball for baseball's sake. By the way, are there any mascots cluttering the aisles of NFL games?

SOXintheBURGH
10-30-2005, 01:32 AM
About the only time I ever see Southpaw is when the Chevy Pride Crew makes their appearances twice a game. Mascots don't bother me a bit. Maybe that's because I go to about 25 minor league games every year.

How could you miss Southpaw rockin' next to Ozzie and PK on the bus?

TornLabrum
10-30-2005, 06:26 AM
How could you miss Southpaw rockin' next to Ozzie and PK on the bus?

I did. I said, "About the only time I ever see," not "I've ever seen."

paciorek1983
10-30-2005, 09:05 AM
Very nice. You've already assumed that anyone who disagrees with you is a moron. Your inner child is obviously a brat.

I'm at a ballgame to see the ballgame. Mascots come around and stand in the aisles and block my view of the game. They just bring nothing to the experience for me. If the game isn't enough entertainment for you, then you apparently just don't enjoy baseball for baseball's sake. By the way, are there any mascots cluttering the aisles of NFL games?

Oh, I can be a brat sometimes, but it's always in a loving way. And no, Idon't go to the games for the mascots and need all of the other stuff now associated with going to ballgames. It almost seems as though you assumed the game isn't enough for me. I just wonder why people have a problem with mascots, not that I care either way if one exists or not. But I do think it's another way for kids to identify with their favortie teams.