PDA

View Full Version : Total Bull****: Crazy trade news

bobowhite
10-28-2005, 10:54 AM
I just heard that the White Sox fall back in case of Konerko leaving is this trade:

Sox send to Texas: Orlando Hernandez (RHP)
Aaron Rowand (CF)

Texas sends to Sox: MarkTeixeira (1B)

Comments?

soxfan26
10-28-2005, 10:55 AM
Dude what's the score?

LauraJ14
10-28-2005, 10:56 AM
Can we enjoy the parade and celebration before we start with the crazy trade rumors?

Ol' No. 2
10-28-2005, 10:56 AM
I just heard that the White Sox fall back in case of Konerko leaving is this trade:

Aaron Rowand (CF)

Comments?Source? (And it had better not be a cell phone conversation overheard in the baggage claim area of the airport.)

VenturaSoxFan23
10-28-2005, 10:57 AM
Why do we need another player who's name is hard to spell? I finally figure out how to spell Buehrle and now this?

I'm in favor of it...if we can keep Rowand and let them have Marte.

In other words, don't count on it happening.

Unregistered
10-28-2005, 10:59 AM
I'm pretty sure I'd make that trade in about half a second. That being said, I'm positive that it's complete bull****. :smile:

bobowhite
10-28-2005, 10:59 AM
Teixeira is a young switch-hitting stud of a bat.

The Rangers need proven starting pitching and could use a solid center fielder.

The Sox will have an extra outfielder next year, Anderson is ready. Is Rowand expendable?

El Duque is probably up for a trade anyways.

We'd probably have to cough up another mid-level prospect.

Rocky Soprano
10-28-2005, 11:00 AM
I'm pretty sure I'd make that trade in about half a second. That being said, I'm positive that it's complete bull****. :smile:

Exactly. I would love to have him here but that is not going to happen.

If it did I would go love it. Put Anderson in CF.

Tragg
10-28-2005, 11:00 AM
I love trade talk.

I think it's a good time to consider trading him because he's got a lot of recent hype re his skills in patrolling CF AND because OF is our minor league strength. El D, however, would seem to be important in next year's pen.
Pods a possibility too IF we had an alternative at lead off, which we don't.

Ol' No. 2
10-28-2005, 11:01 AM
Teixeira is a young switch-hitting stud of a bat.

The Rangers need proven starting pitching and could use a solid center fielder.

The Sox will have an extra outfielder next year, Anderson is ready. Is Rowand expendable?

El Duque is probably up for a trade anyways.

We'd probably have to cough up another mid-level prospect.And without a credible source, it's just idle daydreaming.

downstairs
10-28-2005, 11:02 AM
Well, here we go again! Sheeeeeeeeesh!

I wonder if they'll do the trade this morning so Teixeira can celebrate?

No... wait... one better... we get Shingo back, and flip him and Teixeira then to the Cubs for Lee?

The_Floridian
10-28-2005, 11:05 AM
Wow. That's interesting. But I'm not sure I buy it.

Why would Texas let one of the top RBI men in the league walk for a gold glove center fielder and a 40 year old starter? I mean, I know they need picthing and their D is suspect, but a guy El Duque's age and Rowand for an RBI machine like Texeira? Not sure that dog will hunt.

Well, time for this later. Celebration ain't over yet.

Unregistered
10-28-2005, 11:08 AM
Why would Texas let one of the top RBI men in the league walk for a gold glove center fielder and a 40 year old starter?Exactly.

zmz723
10-28-2005, 11:28 AM
source?

VenturaSoxFan23
10-28-2005, 11:31 AM
President Bush...the Democrats are expecting to vote down the deal.

soxfanatlanta
10-28-2005, 11:36 AM
Why would Texas let one of the top RBI men in the league walk for a gold glove center fielder and a 40 year old starter?

+1

The parade isn't even over yet, and you are talking trades?

Get out of tomorrow, and Enjoy the moment!!
:bandance:

:gulp:

SoxFan64
10-28-2005, 11:37 AM
I'd do it in a second. But then I am not KW. I like that KW has always been willing to pull the trigger on a trade.

There is no doubt that this club will be different next year from this year. But probalby not as different as 2005 was from 2004.

:D:

Flight #24
10-28-2005, 11:43 AM

Aaron Rowand (CF)

Comments?#1 comment is that it's fine to get drunk after the win, but 2 days later it may be time to stop.....

#2 is that if KW can get this done, he should ASAP. I know Paulie's the face of the franchise, but at similar $$$, Teixeira's younger and already as good or better a hitter. Rowand's replaceable with Anderson, and El Duque is already a question mark with McCarthy's emergence.

The Wimperoo
10-28-2005, 11:52 AM
This would be the steal of a lifetime. That said this is most likely bs.

Tragg
10-28-2005, 11:52 AM
I read one where we were going to trade Cotts to Az for Cintron. Don't get that one. Cotts should be a hoss next year.

But we are world champions. Let 'em beg for our players!

Jurr
10-28-2005, 11:53 AM
#1 comment is that it's fine to get drunk after the win, but 2 days later it may be time to stop.....

#2 is that if KW can get this done, he should ASAP. I know Paulie's the face of the franchise, but at similar $$$, Teixeira's younger and already as good or better a hitter. Rowand's replaceable with Anderson, and El Duque is already a question mark with McCarthy's emergence.
The drinking thing is a great point. Dude, this is a horrible rumor to start. It has absolutely NO chance.

oldcomiskey
President Bush...the Democrats are expecting to vote down the deal.

I dont know about that but it sure was fun seeing Bush Sr. sweat

Mickster
http://www.dirtysanchez.co.za/blogimages/nobs_110705.jpg

Lip Man 1
10-28-2005, 12:04 PM
It's been published that one of the possible Sox fall back plans would be moving Dye to first and starting Brian Anderson in right field next season.

Obviously I hope it doesn't come down to that.

Lip

Canadian_SoxFan
10-28-2005, 12:35 PM
I love trade talk.

I think it's a good time to consider trading him because he's got a lot of recent hype re his skills in patrolling CF AND because OF is our minor league strength. El D, however, would seem to be important in next year's pen.
Pods a possibility too IF we had an alternative at lead off, which we don't. ARE YOU KIDDING ME? There is no way Pods will be traded, he is HUGE reason we won the series.

kitekrazy
10-28-2005, 12:41 PM
This thread sucks! Where's the photo when you need it.

Isn't it too soon to start this crap? Go spend time with Phil Rodgers.

Dick Allen
10-28-2005, 12:42 PM
I have a feeling that TX would never do this trade.

bobowhite
10-28-2005, 12:54 PM
For the record, Hernandez lists his birthdate as 10/11/1969 which would make him just a few days beyond his 36th birthday. How many is "just a few" is open to speculation.

The Rangers do seem to need outfield help, especially CF, they are desperate for pitching and they would want two pitchers, one a proven starter and one a solid minor league prospect.

My source is a Japanese team scout who during the year scouts the International League, Pacific Coast League and some Southern League teams. He has a specific name for the minor leaguer and says the Sox would have to trade to get him.

Ol' No. 2
10-28-2005, 01:00 PM
For the record, Hernandez lists his birthdate as 10/11/1969 which would make him just a few days beyond his 36th birthday. How many is "just a few" is open to speculation.

The Rangers do seem to need outfield help, especially CF, they are desperate for pitching and they would want two pitchers, one a proven starter and one a solid minor league prospect.

My source is a Japanese team scout who during the year scouts the International League, Pacific Coast League and some Southern League teams. He has a specific name for the minor leaguer and says the Sox would have to trade to get him.A Japanese team scout is your source? :rolling:

Tragg
10-28-2005, 01:00 PM
It's been published that one of the possible Sox fall back plans would be moving Dye to first and starting Brian Anderson in right field next season.

Obviously I hope it doesn't come down to that.

Lip

That won't cut it. Need power at 1B; and if not there, RF. This will give us power nowhere and we'll still need a DH, depending on Frank.

bobowhite
10-28-2005, 01:04 PM
A Japanese team scout is your source? :rolling:

You find it odd that a scout would notice another team's scout checking out minor league pitching?

Ol' No. 2
10-28-2005, 01:16 PM
You find it odd that a scout would notice another team's scout checking out minor league pitching?The Rangers need pitching. I'm sure their scouts are checking out ALL the other teams' minor league pitching. To go from that to any kind of specific trade scenario is ludicrous.

White Sox Randy
10-28-2005, 01:38 PM

Aaron Rowand (CF)

Comments?

I;m sure that KW would do this in a second. I'm also sure that this is not going to happen.

bobowhite
10-28-2005, 01:49 PM
The Rangers need pitching. I'm sure their scouts are checking out ALL the other teams' minor league pitching. To go from that to any kind of specific trade scenario is ludicrous.

But a White Sox scout checking out this specific minor league pitcher would be interesting. He was also passing on specific trade rumors he had heard from inside the organization as the fallback position. I don't know whom that was though. Judging from whom I know he knows, I have my guesses.

itsnotrequired
10-28-2005, 01:53 PM
Mark is a Boras client. Didn't he just propose he would do away with arbitration if the Rangers sign him to a 10 year deal? This trade rumor is beyond stupid...

Ol' No. 2
10-28-2005, 02:10 PM
Mark is a Boras client. Didn't he just propose he would do away with arbitration if the Rangers sign him to a 10 year deal? This trade rumor is beyond stupid......as are 90% of them. That figure jumps to 99.999% when the source is this vague. Time to get the BS radar tuned up for the next few months.

bobowhite
10-28-2005, 02:17 PM
I don't think the Rangers would be signing any more ten year deals with anyone for the next decade or so. All they need to do is look at the Yankees 3B to recall that.

Joosh
10-28-2005, 06:42 PM
In other news, my brother's uncle's cousin's former roomate heard from Kenny William through a recording device planted on the double-decker bus that we will be aqquiring Alex Rodriguez and Derek Jeter for Joe Crede, Juan Uribe, Rowand, Podsednik, Garland, and 2 PTBNL.

Buehrle and Garcia are expected to be the PTBNL. :D:

Oh, and Kenny convinced Roberto Alomar to come out of retirement for one last run towards 4th Place.

zach074
10-28-2005, 06:46 PM
Don't touch this team, its the chemistry thats important.

Pulaski
10-28-2005, 08:05 PM
Source? (And it had better not be a cell phone conversation overheard in the baggage claim area of the airport.)

I always enjoy your comments!
:D:

kittle42
10-28-2005, 08:11 PM
Trade threads suck.

SluggersAway
10-28-2005, 08:14 PM
The half-Korean, half-Venezualan step cousin of my brother-in-law's bowling league partner has just confirmed this trade.

Damn, this is going to be a loooong off-season.

The_Floridian
10-28-2005, 09:33 PM
Great.

I mention this ridiculous trade rumor to my wife and she thinks it's for real and starts crying because she loves Aaron Rowand.

Thanks a lot.

Ol' No. 2
10-28-2005, 10:34 PM
I always enjoy your comments!
:D:If you missed it, that was an actual source claimed by some clown last winter.

buehrle4cy05
10-28-2005, 10:42 PM
This would open the window for Brian Anderson to play, but I can't imagine this team without Rowand.

The better alternative would be to give up less and trade for Overbay.

itsnotrequired
10-28-2005, 10:57 PM
Trade threads suck.

Trade threads are fine as long as it isn't some total off-the wall, nonsense idea which unfortunately, nearly all the threads happen to be.

Sox trade Konerko, Crede and Marte to the Cubs for Lee and Zambrano. Sox then trade Lee to the Brewers for Overbay and Weeks. Cubs trade Marte and Nomar to Brewers for Lee.

Hey, I just started a new thread!:rolleyes:

ThinWhiteDuque
10-28-2005, 11:58 PM
This would open the window for Brian Anderson to play, but I can't imagine this team without Rowand.

The better alternative would be to give up less and trade for Overbay.

Yeah, because the difference between Tex (a future HOFer) and Overbay (a Ross Gload clone) isn't that much, right? :mad:

STOP WITH THE "LET'S ACQUIRE OVERBAY" CRAP!

HE ISN'T VERY GOOD.

jabrch
10-29-2005, 10:37 AM
Hell - I'd do this regardless of if PK is resigning or not. Anderson or Pods can play CF just fine, and Teixiera would be a major improvement at DH.

So the hot stove and bullpoo rumor season is in full swing already!!!!

GO GO KENNY!!!!

jabrch
10-29-2005, 10:39 AM
STOP WITH THE "LET'S ACQUIRE OVERBAY" CRAP!

HE ISN'T VERY GOOD.

Propellerheads love him - cuz he walks a lot. He'd be an OK player to have - but he's not a suitable replacement for PK. I certainly wouldn't give up much at all for him. He doesn't bring a lot to the table that we don't already have.

Jjav829
10-29-2005, 10:52 AM
:roflmao: :roflmao:

Rowand and El Duque for Teixeira? We couldn't even get Overbay for that, much less Teixeira. Maybe the Rangers would consider it if we changed El Duque to Garcia/Garland/Buehrle. Maybe. But even that is a longshot. Teixeira is the least likely Ranger to be traded. Soriano and Blalock are much more likely. Teixeira isn't going anywhere unless the Rangers get a front-line pitcher.

VenturaSoxFan23
10-29-2005, 11:15 AM
I don't see why you're downing Overbay. The Brewers would deal pretty much anybody if the Sox had the right package, what with the Lee for Podsednik/Vizcaino trade working out well for both sides.

DaleJRFan
10-30-2005, 06:42 PM
so the Sox are going to let PK walk (who wants 5/65) to trade for a boras client who is arb. eligible, who wants a 7/115 contract?

UGH. Please make it stop.

Mr. White Sox
10-31-2005, 01:25 AM

This is a BS rumor, for sure. Every person on the face of the earth that knows ANYTHING about baseball would take Teixeira in a heartbeat, especially when you consider the Sox's farm system and pitching and outfield depth. No way does this happen, and if it does...thanks Texas!

I know they need to unload either Teixeira or Adrian Gonzalez, but still...no way this happens.

Mr. White Sox
10-31-2005, 01:29 AM
Propellerheads love him - cuz he walks a lot. He'd be an OK player to have - but he's not a suitable replacement for PK. I certainly wouldn't give up much at all for him. He doesn't bring a lot to the table that we don't already have.

Exactly. Overbay is a huge downgrade in power and production at 1B, and KW would have to overcompensate at other positions to make up for the power loss. Overbay, IMO, is a worst-case scenario (no way does Dye go to 1B; that just won't happen).

Banix12
10-31-2005, 02:53 AM
Exactly. Overbay is a huge downgrade in power and production at 1B, and KW would have to overcompensate at other positions to make up for the power loss. Overbay, IMO, is a worst-case scenario (no way does Dye go to 1B; that just won't happen).

Worst case scenario is Ross Gload, who is a clone of Lyle Overbay, is quite similar to Sean Casey, and all of whom give me thoughts of Mark Grace.

Actually Dye to 1b sounds like the most likely backup plan only because it keeps a decent power hitter at 1b. However if that happens I could see Kenny taking the money he would have spent on Konerko and offering some money to a FA Outfielder, of which there are more quality players available this offseason.

In the Jermaine Dye 1b scenario, I would hope Brian Giles would still be on the market and would consider coming to the sox on a short term contract. He would look really nice in the #3 hole.

Banix12
10-31-2005, 03:22 AM
Trade threads are fine as long as it isn't some total off-the wall, nonsense idea which unfortunately, nearly all the threads happen to be.

Sox trade Konerko, Crede and Marte to the Cubs for Lee and Zambrano. Sox then trade Lee to the Brewers for Overbay and Weeks. Cubs trade Marte and Nomar to Brewers for Lee.

Hey, I just started a new thread!:rolleyes:

To be fair the proposed trades are usually a lot dumber than what you have in teal.

The worst suggestions are the ones like this

White Sox Trade: Bag of Balls, 1000 churros, and the rights play to Man Soo Lee
White Sox Receive: 2005 NL All Star Team

gobears1987
10-31-2005, 09:38 AM
I love trade talk.

Pods a possibility too IF we had an alternative at lead off, which we don't.We could pick up a pen guy to replace Duke. The problem with Duke is he takes way too long to warmup. Besides 4 million is a lot for a relief pitcher, especially one who isn't a closer. That is almost as bad as the Flubs paying Carrie Wood 9 million to be a bullpen arm. I like Rowand, but I'd pull the trigger here (if we can't sign Konerko that is).

That being said, I bet this is a false rumor.

Tragg
10-31-2005, 09:44 AM

Amen. He's better than Rowand and El D say some? My goodness. It's like a timewarp back to July - Sox players suck; brewers and marlins are loaded. He's ridiculously overrated as a hitter - can't produce runs at a power position, but he's some all-star.

Don't worry. Soon we'll be hearing chants for Joe Randa again - another ridiculously overrated hitter - and that includes after what little hitting he does went completely south after leaving Cincy's hitters haven.

Ol' No. 2
10-31-2005, 12:43 PM
Amen. He's better than Rowand and El D say some? My goodness. It's like a timewarp back to July - Sox players suck; brewers and marlins are loaded. He's ridiculously overrated as a hitter - can't produce runs at a power position, but he's some all-star.

Don't worry. Soon we'll be hearing chants for Joe Randa again - another ridiculously overrated hitter - and that includes after what little hitting he does went completely south after leaving Cincy's hitters haven.Is Tony G available?

Frater Perdurabo
10-31-2005, 01:19 PM
Stop beating up on bobowhite. I cannot vouch for his source, although I don't think bobowhite would pass on something he himself thought was utter BS. He's not the kind of guy to pull something out of his butt or make up things just to start a feeding frenzy on WSI.

Speaking as a Dallas-area resident and impartial observer (not fan) of the Rangers, if this proposed deal were true, this would the heist of the century for the Sox.

Teixeira is perhaps the greatest young offensive force in the American League. He's a fine first baseman too. He has the tools to play the outfield respectably. He was drafted as a third baseman but moved to first only because Hank Blalock was/is so much better defensively at the hot corner. He's the ideal cleanup hitter because he hits for power and average from both sides of the plate. 2005 as LHB: .304 AVG, .386 OBP, .604 SLG, .990 OPS. 2005 as RHB: .293 AVG., .361 OBP, .494 SLG, .855 OPS. Barring injury, he'll be an All-Star for the next decade. In his first three seasons in the bigs, he has hit 107 homers, upping his HR totals and average every season. Now, he's much better in Arlington than on the road, but at the Cell he could hit 50+ homers per year, especially since he's only going to continue to improve.

Boras told the Rangers that "Big Tex" would be willing to sign either a three-year deal or a ten-year deal (nothing in between), or they could meet every year for arbitration hearings. A three-year deal would lock him in at "cost certainty" for the remainder of his non-free agency years.

Now, it's hypothetically possible that the new Rangers' GM (who incidentally is 28 years old), might see that he could spread around that money to augment the Rangers' pitching staff. He also may not want to, or Tom Hicks may have ordered him not to, do any deals with Boras. He may put Teixeira on the block simply to get something for him before he leaves anyway. Adrian Gonzalez, another promising LHB 1B, is waiting in Rangers' organization without a position to play.

I don't know what minor leaguer the Rangers might want, but I'd have to guess that if there is any credibility to this rumor they would want a stud pitcher who's playing in some other organization. (Maybe they would take native Texan, TCU grad and Sox #1 draftee Lance Broadway along with El Duque and Rowand?)

Flight #24
10-31-2005, 01:26 PM
so the Sox are going to let PK walk (who wants 5/65) to trade for a boras client who is arb. eligible, who wants a 7/115 contract?

UGH. Please make it stop.

Actually, the Sox would probably take up Boras on the offer of either a 3-yar deal or arb. So they'd end up paying similar $$ on a shorter contract to a younger, better player. From that perspective it would make some sense.

But from the Rangers side, I don't see them doing anything close to this unless they get back a pretty good pitcher in return. Rowand+McCarthy would likely be a starting point for them. El Duque isn't going to cut it, not even for someone as desperate as the Rangers.

Fred Manrique
10-31-2005, 01:47 PM
Hell - I'd do this regardless of if PK is resigning or not. Anderson or Pods can play CF just fine, and Teixiera would be a major improvement at DH.

So the hot stove and bullpoo rumor season is in full swing already!!!!

GO GO KENNY!!!!

I'm pretty sure Paulie would play DH and Teixiera would play first.

But no matter, this ain't gonna happen...

Jjav829
10-31-2005, 03:35 PM
Speaking as a Dallas-area resident and impartial observer (not fan) of the Rangers, if this proposed deal were true, this would the heist of the century for the Sox.

Which is exactly why we all think this is incredibly ridiculous. There is a reason Teixeira won the AL Silver Slugger for 1B today. He's the best first baseman in the AL. Just the mention of such an absurd trade is laughable. It's the equivalent of the Buehrle or Garland for Danys Baez rumors we heard at the trade deadline. Even if the Rangers did decide that it would be in their best interests to trade Teixeira (which is still highly unlikely at this point), they would be asking for a hell of a lot more than an average hitting centerfielder and a washed up former starter turned long reliever. Any potential deal would have to include Buehrle, Garland or McCarthy for the Rangers to even begin listening.

MadetoOrta
10-31-2005, 04:00 PM
I agree with the premise that this is a ridiculous trade. However, the Rangers are not going to sign Texiera. He's a Boras client, will blow up their budget and leave little or no $ for anything else. What just occurred on the southside of Chicago certainly changed our beloved team but it may also have gone a long way to change the dynamics of running a ballclub. If I'm the Texas Rangers, I get a solid centerfielder and a solid veteran pitcher and my budget goes down dramatically allowing me to get frontline pitching down the road. It's far-fetched but not as far-fetched as one might think. I'd trade Texiera to Oakland for Zito or to the Angels for ALL of their prospects. [There's a bunch.]

Ol' No. 2
10-31-2005, 04:04 PM
I agree with the premise that this is a ridiculous trade. However, the Rangers are not going to sign Texiera. He's a Boras client, will blow up their budget and leave little or no $ for anything else. What just occurred on the southside of Chicago certainly changed our beloved team but it may also have gone a long way to change the dynamics of running a ballclub. If I'm the Texas Rangers, I get a solid centerfielder and a solid veteran pitcher and my budget goes down dramatically allowing me to get frontline pitching down the road. It's far-fetched but not as far-fetched as one might think. I'd trade Texiera to Oakland for Zito or to the Angels for ALL of their prospects. [There's a bunch.]What you're neglecting is that there are certainly a lot of teams that would offer MUCH more in trade than what you're proposing. Why would they accept an inferior offer from the Sox when they could get more from someone else?

MadetoOrta
10-31-2005, 04:09 PM
What you're neglecting is that there are certainly a lot of teams that would offer MUCH more in trade than what you're proposing. Why would they accept an inferior offer from the Sox when they could get more from someone else?

Actually, I agree completely with what you're saying. The Angels, A's and many others have more to offer than the Sox. I believe this World Series win will change the way teams like Texas operate. Dump Texiera to the Angels for their infield prospects, find a suitor for Soriano and go after good pitching like Millwood. It'd make them a better club. FWIW

Ol' No. 2
10-31-2005, 04:14 PM
Actually, I agree completely with what you're saying. The Angels, A's and many others have more to offer than the Sox. I believe this World Series win will change the way teams like Texas operate. Dump Texiera to the Angels for their infield prospects, find a suitor for Soriano and go after good pitching like Millwood. It'd make them a better club. FWIWOne thing baseball does well is copy success. It will be interesting to see how many teams follow the Sox' example.

itsnotrequired
10-31-2005, 04:33 PM
One thing baseball does well is copy success. It will be interesting to see how many teams follow the Sox' example.

Hopefully a bunch will. No one will want big sluggers anymore and the Sox could pick a couple up for cheap!:redneck

Mr. White Sox
10-31-2005, 04:36 PM
Which is exactly why we all think this is incredibly ridiculous. There is a reason Teixeira won the AL Silver Slugger for 1B today. He's the best first baseman in the AL. Just the mention of such an absurd trade is laughable. It's the equivalent of the Buehrle or Garland for Danys Baez rumors we heard at the trade deadline. Even if the Rangers did decide that it would be in their best interests to trade Teixeira (which is still highly unlikely at this point), they would be asking for a hell of a lot more than an average hitting centerfielder and a washed up former starter turned long reliever. Any potential deal would have to include Buehrle, Garland or McCarthy for the Rangers to even begin listening.

Well, it almost is in their best interests to trade either Teixeira or Adrian Gonzalez, for a few reasons. Adrian is MLB-ready, and actually looked competent at the plate this year. Teixeira wants either a three-year or ten-year deal, either of which would force Texas to trade Gonzalez. It all depends on how much payroll they want to put into pitching in the coming years; the developing situation should be interesting

samram
10-31-2005, 05:17 PM
Well, it almost is in their best interests to trade either Teixeira or Adrian Gonzalez, for a few reasons. Adrian is MLB-ready, and actually looked competent at the plate this year. Teixeira wants either a three-year or ten-year deal, either of which would force Texas to trade Gonzalez. It all depends on how much payroll they want to put into pitching in the coming years; the developing situation should be interesting

Of course, one of them could DH. Teixeira was originally a third-baseman, right? How much of his moving was due to inadequacy as opposed to simply having Blalock there? My thought is, as I mentioned in another thread, they may try to trade Blalock instead for the starting pitching they desperately need.

Mr. White Sox
10-31-2005, 06:13 PM
Of course, one of them could DH. Teixeira was originally a third-baseman, right? How much of his moving was due to inadequacy as opposed to simply having Blalock there? My thought is, as I mentioned in another thread, they may try to trade Blalock instead for the starting pitching they desperately need.

That's definitely a possibility as well. I have no idea how good Teixeira is at 3B, but Blalock is definitely above average. I also think Hank's a bit overrated; his home/away splits are very disturbing. They could get some prime pitching for him though, that's for sure.

Domeshot17
10-31-2005, 08:20 PM
:threadblows:

Frater Perdurabo
10-31-2005, 08:47 PM
My source is a Japanese team scout who during the year scouts the International League, Pacific Coast League and some Southern League teams. He has a specific name for the minor leaguer and says the Sox would have to trade to get him.

I quote this post to clarify, in case some haven't read it. (bobowhite, you may want to edit your original post to include this...)

What if the Rangers view this particular minor leaguer (the property of a third party organization; perhaps an AL West team?) whom they covet as "the next Mark Prior?" What would you make of this rumor then? Would it still be the B.S. many of you other posters expertly certify it to be?

We all should be skeptical. But we also should realize that there are many more trade discussions and "rumors" with some basis in fact than there are trades that actually take place. To call something complete B.S. without considering all possibilities is ignorant, IMHO.

I personally believe that bobowhite heard this rumor/report from a legitimate source who believes this to have some basis in fact. Does that mean I'm buying a White Sox jersey with "Teixeira" on the back? Of course not. But I don't think it's outside the realm of possibility that Jon Daniels and Kenny Williams have discussed trade possibilities that might include the players bobowhite listed.

It's really easy to attack a poster and compare him/her to someone else or post a "this thread sucks" or "this thread blows" tag from the nurturing anonymity of your own computer keyboard. Way to step out on a limb, folks...

:kukoo:

bobowhite
11-04-2005, 07:46 AM
Thought I'd save the moderator the trouble of sniping at me and snipe at myself with the altered title.

Okay, I got a little more information from the same source, who probably got it from the same source within the Sox organization.

If Konerko signs elsewhere, the Sox would propose this trade to the Rangers.

Sox receive from the Rangers:
a) Mark Teixera
b) a mid-level AA IF prospect. (Okay, I didn't get the name clearly, the guy was speaking Japanese and I never could tell his /r/ s from his /l/ s.

Sox send to the Rangers:
a) Jon Garland
b) Orlando Hernandez
c) Aaron Rowand
d) a prospect pitcher whom my source tells me I saw this year at Winston-Salem. I didn't recognize the name (again it was pronounced in Japanese.) It wasn't anyone I raved about. I am checking my notes from the games I saw in W-S this past year.

Also, supposedly, the White Sox are in serious talks with Washburn, lefty starting pitcher of the Angels.

XplodingScorbord
11-04-2005, 07:58 AM
Good title for your post, because the Sox would have to be crazy to give up that much for a first baseman.

A guy who consistently has double digit wins a year who's young and just coming into his prime, a great (though aging) pitcher who still has enough guile to get some big outs from the pen in pressure situations, one of the better defensive CF's in the game right now, and some mid-level minor leaguer for a first baseman and some mid level minor leaguer? I'll pass.

Just to extrapolate on this, because I don't mean to indicate that Tex is just any old first baseman, this team (our team) is not predicated on superstars. It's predicated on team baseball...all parts working together, no big egos, willingness to sacrifice for the team, etc. I just don't think trading away 3 fairly important components of that philosophy to get a stud 1B is a wise move.

bobowhite
11-04-2005, 10:47 AM
Thought I'd save the moderator the trouble of sniping at me and snipe at myself with the altered title.

Okay, I got a little more information from the same source, who probably got it from the same source within the Sox organization.

If Konerko signs elsewhere, the Sox would propose this trade to the Rangers.

Sox receive from the Rangers:
a) Mark Teixera
b) a mid-level AA IF prospect. (Okay, I didn't get the name clearly, the guy was speaking Japanese and I never could tell his /r/ s from his /l/ s.

Sox send to the Rangers:
a) Jon Garland
b) Orlando Hernandez
c) Aaron Rowand
d) a prospect pitcher whom my source tells me I saw this year at Winston-Salem. I didn't recognize the name (again it was pronounced in Japanese.) It wasn't anyone I raved about. I am checking my notes from the games I saw in W-S this past year.

Also, supposedly, the White Sox are in serious talks with Washburn, lefty starting pitcher of the Angels.

Palehose13
11-04-2005, 10:51 AM

Thanks. Next time put it in the correct forum. Rumors go in "What's the Score?"

voodoochile
11-04-2005, 10:52 AM
Well, you got the title right.

How can the Sox be in serious negotiations with a pitcher who is still exclusively allowed to talk to the Angel's?

bobowhite
11-04-2005, 10:55 AM
Well, you got the title right.

How can the Sox be in serious negotiations with a pitcher who is still exclusively allowed to talk to the Angel's?

Like the Angels aren't in talks with Konerko you mean?

Tekijawa
11-04-2005, 10:55 AM
Garland and Hernandez Throw in Rowand... Sure they don't want Garcia or Buehrle too?

This team is built around pitching, Garland was a big part of that this past year... That's just to big a price to pay with very little available out there to replace the open spot.

antitwins13
11-04-2005, 10:58 AM
:angry: :angry: :angry:

Keep Jon Garland!
:jon

voodoochile
11-04-2005, 11:10 AM
Like the Angels aren't in talks with Konerko you mean?

Not in serious talks, no. You made it sound like the Sox have money on the table. Nothing is serious until that standpoint.

Hokiesox
11-04-2005, 11:13 AM
We don't know the Sox don't have money on the table at this point. I hope they do, in the complete off-chance he takes it (that based on figuring he'll at least entertain offers from other teams before coming back. Heck, Mike Golic Said this morning...Konerko should enjoy being wined and dined by every team...just to go back to the Sox...sounded like a good idea to me).

dividedsk717
11-04-2005, 11:28 AM
You gotta be kidding me. I let Konerko walk and take my chances.

This seems to be taking too much of what the 2005 Sox valued and getting rid of it for what the 2004 Sox valued. :bs:

mdep524
11-04-2005, 11:32 AM
:rolling: Garcia being "shopped," Teixera coming to the Sox...oh, this offseason is going to be fun. Winning the World Series means we can take all these silly trade proposals with a smile. :smile:

Iwritecode
11-04-2005, 11:37 AM
Where the hell is ChiSoxtony to tell us if any of these rumors are actually true?

How about Otis?

:)