PDA

View Full Version : **OFFICIAL: Where will they end up - 2006 FA class thread

Flight #24
10-28-2005, 10:23 AM
For discussion of the various FAs, where they'll end up, & at how much. Sox & otherwise. Idea coming from this set of predictions at MLB4U (http://www.mlb4u.com/top50.html).

They have an interesting thought process, one that has Konerko resigning at a "Mike Sweeney-like" 4/$40 (IMO he'll get a lot more).

My personal favorite: Scott Eyre Prediction: Signs with the for 3-years, 9.5M

I always thought the The was defunct?

MODS: If there's some rule around starting "OFFICIAL" threads, apologies for not following them, please move/remove this as appropriate!

Bucky F. Dent
10-28-2005, 10:56 AM
Here's the top 50.....

Johnny Damon-CF
Ramon Hernandez-C
Billy Wagner-CL
Brian Giles-OF
A.J. Burnett-SP
Jarrod Washburn- LHSP
Paul Konerko- 1B
B.J. Ryan-CL
Roger Clemens-RHSP
Rafael Furcal-SS
Jeff Weaver-RHSP
Kevin Millwood-RHSP
Alex Gonzalez-SS
Matt Morris-RHSP
Tom Gordon-RHRP
Bengie Molina-C
Scott Eyre-LHP
Trevor Hoffman-CL
Paul Byrd-RHSP
Juan Encarnacion-OF
Jacque Jones-OF
Kyle Farnsworth-RHRP
Ugueth Urbina-RHRP
Matt Lawton
Todd Jones-CL
John Thomson-RHSP
Jason Johnson- RHSP
Bob Wickman- CL
Mike Timlin-RHRP
Jamie Moyer
Bob Howry-RHRP
Reggie Sanders
Kenny Rogers
Mark Grudzielanek
Preston Wilson-CF
Joe Randa-3B
Erubiel Durazo
Bill Mueller
Scott Hatteberg-1B
Kevin Millar- 1B
Mike Piazza-C
Daryle Ward-1B
Craig Biggio- 2B
Brad Ausmus-C
Ronnie Belliard-2B
Jay Payton-OF
Abraham O. Nunez-INF
Rondell White-OF
Rudy Seanez-RHRP
Julian Tavarez-RHRP

Unregistered
10-28-2005, 11:19 AM
I think the worst mistake Johnny Damon could ever make in his life is signing with the Yankees. He'll get eaten alive in New York - especially for someone who apparently contemplated retiring this season.

SOXintheBURGH
10-28-2005, 11:27 AM
I want Scott Eyre, damnit.

buehrle4cy05
10-28-2005, 12:25 PM
:gascan

He's availible...

Ol' No. 2
10-28-2005, 12:36 PM
For discussion of the various FAs, where they'll end up, & at how much. Sox & otherwise. Idea coming from this set of predictions at MLB4U (http://www.mlb4u.com/top50.html).

They have an interesting thought process, one that has Konerko resigning at a "Mike Sweeney-like" 4/$40 (IMO he'll get a lot more).

My personal favorite: Scott Eyre

I always thought the The was defunct?

MODS: If there's some rule around starting "OFFICIAL" threads, apologies for not following them, please move/remove this as appropriate!Did you note this little tidbit at the top?2004 TOP 50 RECAP: Well, Magglio Ordonez was the second to last free agent on the list to sign (John Olerud was the last) and after review, Unoff. MLB was correct on 15 out of 50 predictions. Unoff. MLB fell just five short of its goal of 20 correct predictions. ESPN, however was only correct on 6 out of 50 predictions.So if you want to know where these guys are NOT going to sign, now you know where to find out.

Flight #24
10-30-2005, 06:59 AM
Did you note this little tidbit at the top?So if you want to know where these guys are NOT going to sign, now you know where to find out.

Actually, it wasn't meant so much as a discussion of their projections as a spot for general news/rumors/events surrounding FAs this offseason. You know, like "Hey the Cubs resigned Glendon Rusch for 2 years/$6M - that sets the market for AJ Burnett at about $17M/yr, right?"

DickAllen72
10-30-2005, 11:22 AM
I'd like to see the Sox sign Rafael Furcal to play SS while moving Iguchi to DH (Uribe to 2B), or I'd like to see them sign Hideki Matsui to DH.

Oh yeah...and sign Konerko for 4yrs/$40million.

SOXSINCE'70
10-30-2005, 12:28 PM
I want Scott Eyre, damnit.

Nope.The "the" has signed him first.:D: :D: :D: