PDA

View Full Version : Minnie held up by MLB security

FJA
10-28-2005, 09:48 AM
Didn't see this posted anywhere, but I feel terrible for Minnie ... clearly not the White Sox's fault, but I hope the Sox reserve a prominent place for him at the parade today.

http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sports/columnists/cs-051027mitchell,1,3768038.column?coll=cs-home-utility

ode to veeck
10-28-2005, 11:57 AM
Truely unfortunate, and Chevy should be dinged for how they put together their all-time latino team; they should have had mulitple stars per position and not limited it as they did. No way Minnie shouldn't have been included there or kept from the Sox victory celebration.

Lip Man 1
10-28-2005, 12:01 PM
Unfortunately the story is at least partially incorrect and I have already sent an e-mail to Fred. I have on video from Comcast Sports, Minnie handing out a champaign bottle to Carl Everett while he was being interviewed by Chuck Garfine. He even mentioned that it was Minnie and Everett said something along the lines of 'give me my bubbly...' So Minnie was in the locker room at least some of the time.

This does remind you though of the Donn Pall / Carlton Fisk episode before game #1 of the 1993 ALCS.

Lip

jortafan
10-28-2005, 12:04 PM
That whole Latino team lineup was a crock. But then again, it was popular voting, mostly by people who have little clue about the past. I was actually surprised to see that any retired ballplayers were picked.

That lineup is about as valid as the All Star game lineups chosen by the fans. We all know the best players don't actually get picked each year. And anyone with any sense would realize that any true Latino star lineup would have to include both Aparicio at shortstop and Minoso in the outfield.

SouthSide_HitMen
10-28-2005, 12:42 PM
Unfortunately the story is at least partially incorrect and I have already sent an e-mail to Fred. I have on video from Comcast Sports, Minnie handing out a champaign bottle to Carl Everett while he was being interviewed by Chuck Garfine. He even mentioned that it was Minnie and Everett said something along the lines of 'give me my bubbly...' So Minnie was in the locker room at least some of the time.

This does remind you though of the Donn Pall / Carlton Fisk episode before game #1 of the 1993 ALCS.

Lip

Diane Burns interviewed Minnie for a good 5 minutes on the field around midnight. Whatever problem he initially had getting in was rectified. Typical Cubune coverage.