PDA

View Full Version : I Hope everyone is missing work today!!!

pinwheels3530
10-28-2005, 08:40 AM
I hope to see alot of people at the once in a lifetime parade today. Everyone in my family is missing their obligations ( work, school, ) to be there. I will definitely take some pictures to post here at WSI the home of the
WORLD CHAMPION CHICAGO WHITE SOX!!!!!!!!!!!!!

windycityson
10-28-2005, 08:41 AM
Can get away but everyone of my Sox Brethren have a beer for me!!!!!!!!!

DaveIsHere
10-28-2005, 08:43 AM
We have a company required meeting today, figures the owner is a Cub fan. Actually the date was picked out weeks ago so I cant argue

Uncle_Patrick
10-28-2005, 08:45 AM
I was really hoping that the parade was Monday so I could get the time off to go. You have no idea how dissappointed I am that I can't go.

itsnotrequired
10-28-2005, 08:47 AM
I'd love to do the whole day but I "wasted" most of the week thinking about the Sox. Work has piled up and I need to catch up. I'll be able to swing 2 hours max which should let me see most of the parade though.:smile:

LongLiveFisk
10-28-2005, 08:53 AM
Can't make the parade today---took off work yesterday to be at Midway Airport and I shook Ozzie's hand! :D: I was praying for a Saturday parade. Oh well.

WhiteSox05Champs
10-28-2005, 08:53 AM
"Looks like you've been missing a lot of work lately."
"Well, I wouldn't exactly say I've been *missing* it, Bob."

Too bad I am in CO with no hope to see the parade :( Hopefully one of the news stations will stream it online like yesterdays parade.

kninchicago
10-28-2005, 08:56 AM
We have a company required meeting today, figures the owner is a Cub fan. Actually the date was picked out weeks ago so I cant argue

Same here, but she's not a Cubs fan, just doesn't care about sports. But my direct supervisor told me to sneak out at noon anyways, watch on a jumboscreen (I work a few blocks from the screens) and be back in time for the meeting at 12:30 so I'll get to see about 20 minutes at least!! Initially I thought I'd miss the whole damn thing.

I'm also recording Oprah to catch their appearance, and the parade too.

Will a DVD of the parade/celebrations ever go on sale? I'd be willing to pay a WSI'er to make one for me. I'd love to have it to show my kids someday, or other newbies to Chicago who need to know what team to root for here like I once was!

kevin57
10-28-2005, 09:25 AM
I'm terribly "sick" today. Sick with joy!

MsSoxVixen22
10-28-2005, 09:38 AM
To all of you that managed to "call in sick" today-you're so lucky and represent the rest of us Sox fans that can't be their today. I want to go so badly but I couldn't take today off. :(: I'll be there with the rest of you in spirit!

SOXPHILE
10-28-2005, 10:01 AM
I can't. :whiner: Have to work. Too short of a notice for me to put in the request, and if I called in "sick", everyone would have known where I was. I just wish they could have done this on Saturday. Sox fans have jobs you know ! What is cool is I work for a small company, and the owner sent out a memo to everyone in the office that we are having a pizza party in honor of the White Sox winning the World Series. In the body of the memo, it said to congratulate me and my team.:bandance:

StrTrkker
10-28-2005, 10:04 AM
Even tho im off...

I wont be making the parade but I have a friend who works at the Civic Opera House and will heading to the rally. Hope I get some free handouts and pics from her...

whitesoxwilkes
10-28-2005, 10:25 AM
I'm off today.

I've had an understanding since early October with both of my bosses (huge Sox fans) that I'd miss work for the victory celebrations.

Actually getting some work done at home...probably more than I've gotten done at work the past 3 weeks.

skottyj242
10-28-2005, 10:32 AM
The parade starts a hop, skip and a jump away from the floor, so I'll be there. I have to come back though after.