PDA

View Full Version : Friday's Newspapers

WhteSox725
10-28-2005, 08:56 AM
I had seen on television somewhere that the Cubune is having a special commerative section in today's newspaper. For those that get the Sun Times is there a similar section as well?

KnightSox
10-28-2005, 09:09 AM
The Sun-Times has the wrap-around with the headline "Fandemonium" and a pic of fans at Midway yesterday.

Crede_Fan
10-28-2005, 10:17 AM
I had seen on television somewhere that the Cubune is having a special commerative section in today's newspaper. For those that get the Sun Times is there a similar section as well?

I believe the Special section in the Trib is in Sunday's paper.

SOXPHILE
10-28-2005, 10:54 AM
8 page special wrap-around in the Trib, of which 2 full pages are adds. So, basically, 6 pages. Some nice pictures, but, I don't know, I guess I was expecting a little bit more. I know, I know, stop complaining. It is the Cubune, and....THE WHITE SOX ARE WORLD CHAMPIONS !!!!!! (I just love saying and typing that).

In line with our ongoing threads of YOU WRITE TOMMORROW'S CUBUNE HEADLINES, the front page of the sports section has...(drumroll please)-an article by Paul Sullivan on Johnny Baker, the Cubs, if the Sox Championship adds pressure to them (no, according to Johnny B.), blah blah blah. You know, the Sox just won the World Series. Can we at least wait till next week till they start writing articles about that idiot and his stupid blue and red t-ball team ? They don't deserve to share ANY of the newspapers space with the White Sox coverage of their championship.

itsnotrequired
10-30-2005, 10:30 AM
chicagotribune.com has a section where you can download the front pages for each WS game in .pdf or .jpg format.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseball/whitesox/chi-soxfronts,1,2259847.htmlstory?coll=chi-news-hed

I hope they add the ALCS and ALDS games to that section. I would like a .pdf file for every post-season game.

BeefyD
10-30-2005, 10:57 AM
Nice find! Thanks!

Brian26
10-30-2005, 11:59 AM
The Trib put together a nice commemorative section for today's paper with lots of photos and a season recap.