PDA

View Full Version : Seattle Perspective on Freddy G

shoota II
10-28-2005, 03:32 AM
Big-game Freddy ready for baseball's big stage

http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/baseball/245975_freddy26.html

This article was written the day of his World Series start, so keep that in mind when your read it.

When KW made the trade for Freddy, I criticized it greatly, only because the Seattle GM asked for Crede and KW said no, and sent over Reed instead. I hated Crede then and knew he wouldn't amount to anything while Reed could be an All-Star.

The fact that the contributions of Garcia and Crede (for a one month at least) helped the Sox win the World Series, justifies KW's decision to give up what was once-considered so much talent, no matter what Reed and Olivo do in their careers.

Steroid Morse is a nonfactor.

The fact that Reed and Olivo haven't come close to meeting their expectations makes KW look even better.

KW is the Man.

SSN721
10-28-2005, 06:46 AM
Big-game Freddy ready for baseball's big stage

http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/baseball/245975_freddy26.html

When KW made the trade for Freddy, I criticized it greatly, only because the Seattle GM asked for Crede and KW said no, and sent over Reed instead.

I still have not seen anything proving this other then posters claiming this happened. And all those posters at the time hated the trade so it sounds more like bias then anything. Do you have any actual proof, articles or quotes stating Crede was offered as an option to Reed? Kudos to you for changing your mind and admitting you liked the trade, I just hate the, "The Seattle GM asked for Crede" argument when this trade is brought up. I would like to see some evidence tat offer was actually made.

shoota II
10-28-2005, 08:24 AM
I still have not seen anything proving this other then posters claiming this happened. And all those posters at the time hated the trade so it sounds more like bias then anything. Do you have any actual proof, articles or quotes stating Crede was offered as an option to Reed? Kudos to you for changing your mind and admitting you liked the trade, I just hate the, "The Seattle GM asked for Crede" argument when this trade is brought up. I would like to see some evidence tat offer was actually made.

I cannot offer any proof myself, but I do remember it was reported in the Tribune the day after the trade that the Seattle GM wanted Crede but KW turned him down and offered him Reed in place.

If you have access to the Tribune archives, try reading the articles in the sports section the day after the trade occured.

cleanwsox
10-28-2005, 08:36 AM
It doesn't matter how good any of the prospects we have shipped out will be. We all wanted a World Series title at all cost. To think we were willing to sell the farm at the trading deadline. Now we still have our best pitching prospect (BMac) and positional prospect (Anderson). Nothing could have gone better for the Sox this year.